News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

CHANGE!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 03, 2009, 11:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Template

Quote from: Regret on December 04, 2009, 05:23:44 PM
Please some one give me a good response to people telling me i don't need privacy.
My usual response is not useable on friends... wait, the friend that bitched aboot that most decided that he is no longer my friend, i can punch him now.

"If you've done nothing wrong, then you've nothing to hide?"
Then why are you wearing clothes?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Funny how Yahoo wants to keeps its secrets safe so that it can continue to spy on you.

Here is a nice list of spying guides including:
•att
•sprint
•cingular
•cricket
•nextel
•yahoo
•buttloads more
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

LMNO

Does the assertion "if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to hide" imply that if you're hiding something, you admit to wrongdoing?

If so, think of all the FOIA requests the government has denied...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 07, 2009, 03:45:38 PM
Does the assertion "if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to hide" imply that if you're hiding something, you admit to wrongdoing?

If so, think of all the FOIA requests the government has denied...

That's different.  National security, or so I am told.  Stop hating America™.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on December 07, 2009, 07:40:44 AM
Funny how Yahoo wants to keeps its secrets safe so that it can continue to spy on you.

Here is a nice list of spying guides including:
•att
•sprint
•cingular
•cricket
•nextel
•yahoo
•buttloads more

I'm going to start sending VERY fucked up emails via my yahoo account.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Requia ☣

Hrm, so are there any cellphone companies that *won't* sell me to the highest bidder?  No?

Fuck.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on December 07, 2009, 04:38:29 PM
Hrm, so are there any cellphone companies that *won't* sell me to the highest bidder?  No?

Fuck.

Verizon will just sell your contact info to telemarketers, if that's any consolation.

Cain

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 04, 2009, 10:43:49 AM
oh that's nothing.

we gonna get GPS in our cars soon. and no, not the navigational type. the "we gonna tax you for the amount of kilometers you drive and where you drive them" type :lulz:

all ISPs have to save all user's internet header data for the duration of 1.5 years (EU recommendation is 6 months, our gvmt gave NO reason whatsoever why they tripled that duration)

oh yeah, and one other thing our tiny 17 million people country is really BIG in, is the number of phone taps.

we got more phone taps in absolute numbers than the USA.

not per person, just more phone taps on 17M people here than you guys get on your 300M.

that this "accidentally" includes confidential lawyer-client discussions goes without saying.

- triple zero,
tiny country, bigger brother.

GPS in cars is such a transparent ploy.  If the intention were really to tax driving they'd just raise the tax on gasoline.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

"The Grid" is getting more specific.
also, it always knows where you are.

Triple Zero

Yesterday I saw a guy proudly showing off some app on his mobile phone that would triangulate his location using the signal strengths of nearby cell towers. Look ma, no GPS!

While awesome, it's also scary ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.