News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Magic: Who thinks they can do it, and why otherwise intelligent people buy it.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 29, 2009, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Prince Glittersnatch III

This is why I come to this forum.

Now Im going to spend the entire night reading an ancient lulzy thread.
I think I know how this is going to go: Roger insults magik, a bunch of people put on their wizard robes and hats while getting extremely butthurt.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on February 02, 2011, 09:42:29 AM

I think I know how this is going to go: Roger insults magik, a bunch of people put on their wizard robes and hats while getting extremely butthurt.

I am nothing if not consistent.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

And any time anyone other than Roger insults magic, they get butthurt AND say the OP is copying someone else. :lulz:

Faust

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on February 02, 2011, 04:03:05 PM

And any time anyone other than Roger insults magic, they get butthurt AND say the OP is copying someone else. :lulz:
No, this has been going on since before roger, this isn't the first thread either. Cram cold dig deeper still, find one yet another year back.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on February 02, 2011, 05:16:55 PM

No, this has been going on since before roger, this isn't the first thread either. Cram cold dig deeper still, find one yet another year back.

There was only 3 months before me, and nobody talked about much of anything.

I am the Alpha and the Omega.  My poop is the primordial ooze from which the world was formed, and my fossilized poop will be here when we're all gone.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2011, 05:27:21 PM
Quote from: Faust on February 02, 2011, 05:16:55 PM

There was only 3 months before me, and nobody talked about much of anything.

I am the Alpha and the Omega.  My poop is the primordial ooze from which the world was formed, and my fossilized poop will be here when we're all gone.
Typo, before this thread. I recall this argument when I first registered and even then I don't think it was the first time it had cropped up.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Precious Moments Zalgo

Here's my experience with magic.

I have a terrible memory.  I'm always forgetting things I'm supposed to do.  I'll forget entire conversations I had a day ago.  I decided to experiment with magic to fix this problem.

Knowing what I know about how magic really works, I know that I can just make up deities, rituals, etc. on the spot as I need them, and they will work just as well as anything I read about in any ancient grimoire.  So I made up a deity and called him Memnos, the God of not forgetting shit my wife told me to do, and then I made up an invocation ritual.

Say I have a thing X that I don't want to forget.  I say (not out loud, just in my head), "Lord Memnos, I need to remember X.  Please help me to remember X.  Don't let me forget X.  Amen."  During the ritual, while I am repeating the thing I want to remember, I'm also visualizing myself doing the thing I want to remember.

I tried this several times and so far my success rate is 100%.

If I need to remember multiple things at the same time, I have an advanced, more powerful ritual that involves taking the items I want to remember and writing them down on a list.  I call it a magic memory scroll.

Some of you haters might be thinking, "Hey dipshit, you ever wonder if all that repetition and visualization and list making might be what's helping you to remember, and not some 'deity' you just fucking made up?"

Of course it is, but that's all magic is.  Is it stupid?  You bet, but it was just an experiment.  I'm sure I could just do the visualization, repetition, and list writing, and skip all the hocus pocus, and get the same result.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

LMNO

Cramulus

Confession time:

Here's a "charisma spell" I still use.

LOL - not really. I created it when I was still into occulty things, but I find it useful to this day even though I'm not in that head space anymore. Even then, I called it a "mental trick", a "form of self-hypnosis" -- not a "spell" or whatever. Nothing occult about it.

If I have to be extremely glib, like at a job interview or a presentation or something, I spend a few minutes getting myself ready.

First, I rehearse, out loud, all the shit I might accidentally say. Stuff that just sneaks out like the word Um or Like. I stammer, I make false starts, I mispronounce things, I correct myself... basically I am rehearsing the worst case scenario for the talk. While I'm doing this, I'm visualizing a film forming on the surface of my tongue. It's like a layer of grossness created by my uncertainty. I can actually feel it there, this grossness inside my mouth.

Then, when I'm ready, I spit, I rinse out my mouth, and I wash my hands.

It always leaves me feeling glib and sharp. Every time.

:rpger:
IT'S MAAAAAAGIC

Jenne

:lulz:  My magic memory scrolls just do NOT work.  Neither do the apps on my iPhone that perform this wizardry for me.  I STILL forget to motherfucking LOOK.  It has to bash me over the head and say BREAD, BITCH--BUY SOME BREAD!

Sometimes the ACT of making the list helps me remember what to buy, but damn if I don't forget the damned thing at home or to look at the damned app that has all the lovely items typed out on it.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2009, 08:46:52 PM
An effort to classify the various types of people who believe in - or profess to believe in - "magick".

1.  Fat smelly pagan women (FSPW).  The thing to remember here is that there is no reason FSPW are the way they are...they spontaneously generate in the cracks of smelly old couches, and they cannot change.  They think of themselves as "Earth Mothers", etc, or even "crones", and will wheeze endlessly about the Goddess they're "working with" this week.

2.  Weedy guys who want to fuck FSPW.  Nobody knows WHY they do, because any gratification they would receive must surely be offset by the horrible necessity of picking 6" pubic hairs out of your teeth afterward.  Scientists don't know WHY they do what they do, they just know they do it.

There's a song by this comedian named Allison Somethingorother (I forget, ok?).  She sings this song where she explains why fat girls, high girls and homeless girls give great head..."because they're hungry."

It's quite funny.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I agree with these comments... The labels don't matter, the 'ritual' might :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Sister Fracture

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 03, 2011, 10:47:16 PM
I make magic with my arse.

The ritual involves Indian food.

Your ritual may begin tomorrow, depending on what I find for ingredients.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.