News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

I burned my fucking legs, Roger

Started by Jasper, February 01, 2010, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

We play with fire here, Roger.  The reason I keep coming back here, despite being burned a few times, is because other forums play nice.  Sure, we see a few live cremations from time to time, but it is purifying.  We eat garbage and shit glass.  Well, a vitrified silicate with some heavy metals in it, at any rate.  And what we produce is truth.  I've been burned, but I'm not on fire.

That's just it though.  I want to be on fire.  Running, screaming into the night bear hugging passers by and sharing in my immolation.  I've began to like it.  What this place needs isn't more kindness and tolerance.  Look what tolerance has done to Britain!  They had to apologize for putting  puppies in the newspapers! And now that corporations have human rights, we have more things to burn on our list than we ever have before. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 01, 2010, 10:59:15 PM
We play with fire here, Roger.  The reason I keep coming back here, despite being burned a few times, is because other forums play nice.  Sure, we see a few live cremations from time to time, but it is purifying.  We eat garbage and shit glass.  Well, a vitrified silicate with some heavy metals in it, at any rate.  And what we produce is truth.  I've been burned, but I'm not on fire.

That's just it though.  I want to be on fire.  Running, screaming into the night bear hugging passers by and sharing in my immolation.  I've began to like it.  What this place needs isn't more kindness and tolerance.  Look what tolerance has done to Britain!  They had to apologize for putting  puppies in the newspapers! And now that corporations have human rights, we have more things to burn on our list than we ever have before. 

Well they should.  Puppies are an insult to minorities.  Not sure how, but ours is not to question why.

We shall march on a road of bones, Felix...IF that's your REAL name...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

It never was.  

Speaking of identity, I've been a confirmed Discordian for about %40 of my life and I've never really done anything about it in meatspace (AKA real life).  And in that other life, I'm just another pretty face.  Quiet.  Occasionally says something thoughtful.  Like a nicer version of Silent Bob, someone once told me.  That thread on Doubling that Cain did recently makes me wonder if I've developed a secondary identity within Discordianism.  In hindsight, I don't recognize the person I used to be, but the person I am online has changed even more.  

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 02, 2010, 01:37:22 AM
It never was. 

You know, I've been a confirmed Discordian for about %40 of my life and I've never really done anything about it in meatspace (AKA real life).  And in that other life, I'm just another pretty face.  Quiet.  Occasionally says something thoughtful.  Like a nicer version of Silent Bob, someone once told me.  That thread on Doubling that Cain did recently makes me wonder if I've developed a secondary identity within Discordianism.  In hindsight, I don't recognize the person I used to be, but the person I am online has changed even more. 

Most Discordians never do anything in meatspace, I think.  Not everyone has it in them, or finds it funny, or has the resources.

And having more than one identity is a much superior way of going through life.  For example, on this board, I am bitter, hateful, and rage filled.  In real life, I'm actually much worse.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

I, on the other hand, am in fact the kindest, most gentle soul you could ever meet IRL. I kiss butterflies and heal wounded possums with a stroke of the hand. Mostly all I do in meatspace is collect donations of canned food and secondhand prosthetics for homeless amputees.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 02, 2010, 07:05:20 AM
I, on the other hand, am in fact the kindest, most gentle soul you could ever meet IRL. I kiss butterflies and heal wounded possums with a stroke of the hand. Mostly all I do in meatspace is collect donations of canned food and secondhand prosthetics for homeless amputees.

I believe that.  Well, I would believe that, but I sorta remember something about you using senior citizens as shark bait.  Something about catching "The BIG one".

LMNO

Wait, siggy is Felix?

Why the hell doesn't anyone tell me this shit?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on February 02, 2010, 02:17:34 PM
Wait, siggy is Felix?

Why the hell doesn't anyone tell me this shit?

I thought you knew.

LMNO

One day, I'm going to change my username, and then you'll all be sorry!

LMNO
-unfortunately, my e-penis would be a dead giveaway.

Cramulus

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 02, 2010, 01:37:22 AM
That thread on Doubling that Cain did recently makes me wonder if I've developed a secondary identity within Discordianism.  In hindsight, I don't recognize the person I used to be, but the person I am online has changed even more.  

I feel you here

when I put on a fake moustache I think I actually do become a different person. It affects everything - my posture, my attitude, the way I think

I had an ego collision a few months ago when my Cramulus personality was forced to comment on the same issue my alt had already commented on. It was surprisingly disorienting.

In many ways we are becoming these people, post by post.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am exactly the same horrible cunt in person as I am online.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

I'm actually less interesting IRL than here....which is saying very little indeed.  :x                 
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v=1/3πr²h on February 02, 2010, 06:59:56 PM

Thank God for that.  Having you be all sunshine and roses IRL would be like meeting Hunter S Thompson and learning that he's into macrame and pictures of puppies frolicking.

East Coast Hustle

lies. you are the very model of civility and tact.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 02, 2010, 07:46:23 PM

lies. you are the very model of civility and tact.

I just had a mental picture of Nigel drinking tea with her pinkie stuck out.   :x