News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

intermitten phobia

Started by the last yatto, February 01, 2010, 11:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

LMNO

I'm glad you took that in the spirit in which it was meant, by the way.

Jenne

Of course I did, I know how fucked up all that is, anyway.  Admitting it makes it so much less than what it really is, if you want to know the truth.  I think my husband, for all his faults, has really gotten me through the worst of my "living daymare" shit.  What-all he's gone through, it has put way too much in perspective for me.

Plus, he believes in Exposure TherapyTM.  Not for raping and murder, of course, but the other stuff, yeah, pretty much.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Telarus on February 10, 2010, 08:44:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 07:45:46 PM
I have a fear of boredom.

This explains SO much.  :lulz:

Seriously.  Every time I found myself in jail, or getting beaten by multiple rednecks, or getting banned from the public library/local political events, etc, it was because I got so bored I did something stupid.
Molon Lube

Salty

On the other side of that same coin, I believe I may have been TOO careful about that kind of thing.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I also have an irrational fear of dolls, especially vintage ones, and much less irrational fear of used stuffed animals.

I deal with my fear of dolls and telephones by collecting them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Bees, I fear them. And bears. And hooved animals.
But mostly bees. 
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 11, 2010, 08:07:02 AM
Bees, I fear them. And bears. And hooved animals.
But mostly bees. 

You should collect them; I find it helps.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shai Hulud

This sounds like a great idea for the next intermittens.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance, Peleus.

Maybe you could use this Bonejangles special that I did for 23AE recently.

PeregrineBF

I have a fear of making telephone calls. No problem receiving them, no problem making them on behalf of someone else, I just hate calling people on my own. To the point that if I have to make a bunch of calls in a row I'll get some heart palpitations and irregular breathing. That is annoying, since I generally have excellent concious control over my heart and breathing rates.

Same thing with spiders. Even pictures thereof. Unlike telephones I tend to burn the spiders. Or flash-freeze them. Or give them an informative lesson on what half a million volts feels like. Which generally leads to burning.

Interestingly I have no problem with centipedes, millipedes, scorpions, jellyfish, or other things in the "too-many-legs/poison/hairy" categories.

the last yatto

Quote from: Guy Incognito on February 17, 2010, 01:17:01 AM
This sounds like a great idea for the next intermittens.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance, Peleus.

Maybe you could use this Bonejangles special that I did for 23AE recently.

hehe build a bear, yes thats very nicely done
now only if... the pronoia guy would answer my emails about using his artwork,
might have to resort to snail mail or somewhere something a bit more professional

might do something outlandish with all of peedy's fears, writting them in the page margin either in ariel or the illumanti font
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Since people are posing their fears in this thread, maybe one of us can make a WOMP collage designed to scare the fuck out of everyone on the forum without being remotely frightening to anyone else? Dog-bear-spiders making phonecalls outside of someone's mailbox, or something.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

Quote from: Pēleus on February 22, 2010, 09:57:11 AM
while its tempting to buy rights to use some of the $1.50 images,
im not sure they would allow us to reproduce like we would like
other sites...

buying "rights" to images? puhhleaze

there's a wealth of great public domain stuff out there lying around waiting for somebody to use it

Quotewould it be in bad taste to include some of Lewis's looking glass
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/12

bad taste (perhaps) because you're putting really old text in a brand new publication

but not bad taste in the Intellectual Property sense. Lewis Carroll has been dead for a lonnnng time, his corpse does not give a shit if you use his text or not.