News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

2010 Winter Spaglympic Thread

Started by Suu, February 13, 2010, 05:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Because I know at least SOME of us watch it.

...NICE GOING CANADA. YOU CAN'T EVEN GET A FUCKING TORCH TO LIGHT PROPERLY.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Hey, Montreal made them go bankrupt. I can't wait to see what Vancouver does.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Also, I don't have a TV of my own, and my roommate just shut his off on me. So uh...Someone keep me posted about the outdoor cauldron, since apparently this indoor once is a no-no or something something stfu Bob Costas.

Suu

Da6s

The whales were awesome.

Hated peter pan kid.

Hated cloggers.

Gretzky just radiates awesome.

The cauldron actually looks really cool assembled/when the floor doesn't break.

Kelly clark is still scary.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Da6s

Outdoor cauldron worked fine. footage of citizens of vancouver running with the car touting gretzky to the site. lit one arm of cauldron, flame ran up, lit four small cauldrons at the same time, then the big one. you'll see it often this week im sure.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Subtract Eight!

gretzky just brought me mcdonalds

such a hero

ima send him a vampire request
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Suu on February 13, 2010, 05:13:29 AM
Also: http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features/news/newsid=412058.html#luger+seriously+hurt+crash?__source=msnhomepage&GT1=39003

This is upsetting. I watched the crash earlier today, but I didn't know that he died.
Fuck!  There's no way anyone should go that fast on a luge.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Telarus

I noticed that the Japanese athletes were so damn polite they carried a Japanese flag and a Canadian Flag.

Oh, and lots of hot girl snowboarder/skier/skater flag-bearers.

Condolences to the Georgians.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

Quote from: Jason Wabash on February 13, 2010, 06:05:45 AM
Quote from: Suu on February 13, 2010, 05:13:29 AM
Also: http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features/news/newsid=412058.html#luger+seriously+hurt+crash?__source=msnhomepage&GT1=39003

This is upsetting. I watched the crash earlier today, but I didn't know that he died.
Fuck!  There's no way anyone should go that fast on a luge.

They clock that fast A LOT. The sport is fucking sick, dude. That's why I love it. I was shocked to see they brought back skeleton for 2006, it was banned for a long ass time.

Suu

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 13, 2010, 06:17:47 AM
that's what makes it Sooooooo WICKEDAWESOME. yeah. I'm hot for that skellington.

Looks like its repeats for us none tv folk. I can't break into the stream, and I've been trying for hours. cocktoast.

Balls!

I'll find it...There has to be stream somewhere.

AFK

Should've been Patrick Roy instead of Gretzky, IMO.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

I can't even get Silverlight to work. WTF?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

BAHAHA I LOVE SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING

WIIIIPEOUT