News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Tea to the Wall - Beyond Death Coffee

Started by Richter, March 02, 2010, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

You could dissolve the fifteen 150mg tablets in warm water mixed with burnt cardboard and peanut butter. Similar experience, aside from the difference in thickness.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on March 02, 2010, 09:37:13 PM
You could dissolve the fifteen 150mg tablets in warm water mixed with burnt cardboard and peanut butter. Similar experience, aside from the difference in thickness.

Not the same.

Hey...you aren't one of those European coffee-haters, are you?
Molon Lube

Rococo Modem Basilisk

No. I'm one of the american coffee haters ;-). I prefer my caffeine from sugary taurine-rich vitamin sludge, thanks.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on March 02, 2010, 09:40:59 PM
No. I'm one of the american coffee haters

Oxymoron.

Coffee IS America.  It's FREEDOM, it's A WORLD-SPANNING EMPIRE OF AWAKEY GOODNESS.  It's a fast car and a blow job from Marilyn Monroe Manson.  It's Saturday night.  It's bowling with your bad boy shoes on, and a quick back hand to the pimple-faced squat behind the counter if he doesn't like it.

There is no coffee outside of America1, and there is no America without coffee.

THIS IS ACTUAL SCIENCE.  DO NOT QUESTION IT.

1Except Columbia and Peru, but they're very small.
Molon Lube

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Central america doesn't count as america?

I was thinking of france and italy, both of which are known for their coffee. Coffee played a big role in france's history.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on March 02, 2010, 09:46:33 PM
Central america doesn't count as america?

NO.  It is a small place, and they have small possessions.  We, on the other hand, are VERY LARGE, and we have REALLY BIG STUFF.  I fail to see the difficulty in distinguishing this.

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on March 02, 2010, 09:46:33 PM
I was thinking of france and italy, both of which are known for their coffee. Coffee played a big role in france's history.

There is no coffee in Europe.  Just frou-frou abominations of the glorious coffee bean.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

I will make you coffee, if you ever happen to visit here, and then we'll see if you perhaps like to get back to that statement.

As far as I've heard, there is no actual coffee in America, my old flatmate was advised to bring his own when he was sent out there for a job.

So whoever crosses that sea first, has to try the coffee and we'll get down to it. You'd do that anyway because of the jetlag.

And if the difference is that big, at least one of us will be pleasantly surprised :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 02, 2010, 10:16:23 PM
I will make you coffee, if you ever happen to visit here, and then we'll see if you perhaps like to get back to that statement.

As far as I've heard, there is no actual coffee in America, my old flatmate was advised to bring his own when he was sent out there for a job.

So whoever crosses that sea first, has to try the coffee and we'll get down to it. You'd do that anyway because of the jetlag.

And if the difference is that big, at least one of us will be pleasantly surprised :)

Let me check with Admiral Akbar on that one.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Here in the Pacific NW, them's fightin' words, mister.

Maybe your friend visited Missouri or some other state where the only "coffee" they have is Folgers, but in my part of the country if it's not the finest beans in the world fresh-roasted this morning and ground immediately prior to brewing, somebody gets bitch-slapped and has to clean the toilet with their tongue. There is a micro-roastery on every sixth block for people too lazy to roast their own.

This part of the country identifies itself with its coffee. To the rest of the country we give Starbucks, as punishment for not being as awesome as we are. D/N/T.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Plus, I am pretty sure my state is bigger than the EU. Don't lump us in with all those other states, please; I don't even know who those people are, and I don't think they speak the same language.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Could a P-towner please point me at a place that sells reasonable coffee at broke student prices?

Rumckle

I can back this up (with the exception of PDX I didn't try coffee there, but I'll take Nigel's word on it, as Oregon has some of the best beer I've tasted in the US).
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 03, 2010, 01:00:25 AM
Could a P-towner please point me at a place that sells reasonable coffee at broke student prices?

good luck. This place considers itself some sort of coffee mecca, but they don't even have Dunkin Donuts.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 02, 2010, 11:25:24 PM
Plus, I am pretty sure my state is bigger than the EU.

I was busy looking that up before I realized you were kidding :$
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 03, 2010, 01:00:25 AM

Beans or brew?