News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Cramulus

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 22, 2010, 04:43:44 PM
After everyone says their piece it will all go back to normal

that's exactly what I'm worried about!~  :lol:

Richter

I am a moron for getting involved in this.
The drama, the "problem" with PD, and the related sentiments seem to have become an occupation of their own.  The whole thing strikes me like a collected skinned knee.  It's scabbed over, itchy and uncomfortable, but when you're bored it's REAL fun to pick at.  There's no infection, cancer, or foreign object under that scab to purge, but we keep reoppening things anyways.  Ignoring a problem doesn't do much good fixing it, but letting it sit for a while to let things heal, focuses detatch, and a fresh perspective be taken on what's going on doesn't hurt either.  
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on April 22, 2010, 04:49:06 PM

We all are.

The drama, the "problem" with PD, and the related sentiments seem to have become an occupation of their own.  The whole thing strikes me like a collected skinned knee.  It's scabbed over, itchy and uncomfortable, but when you're bored it's REAL fun to pick at.  There's no infection, cancer, or foreign object under that scab to purge, but we keep reoppening things anyways.  Ignoring a problem doesn't do much good fixing it, but letting it sit for a while to let things heal, focuses detatch, and a fresh perspective be taken on what's going on doesn't hurt either.  

The problem:  It isn't just Nigel and TTM.  It's everyone.  Paes, etc, shrieking and stalking off, over shit that has been happening on and off since day one, for example.

I'm staying, even if I'm the only one left here.  I am developing a pretty low opinion of the people flouncing, and I have developed in a single day a very low opinion of Cain, not just because he threatened to erase everything, but because of the things he said about the rest of us...things he has apparently been itching to say for a very long time.
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on April 22, 2010, 04:27:33 PM
Hey, a small request:  Before everything collapses/gets nuked, could you please wait until I finish all 30 days of my SME project?

It's all I have left.

Well, that and the Spider Project.  Which has been on hold due to Frost Heaves business.

But still.  I'd like to actually finish the thing with the majority of PD.com intact before everyone decides to call it a day and find other boards to post on.

Call it an appeal for sympathy.  I have a soft spot in my heart for the place, and I'd like to finish this damn thing while my electronic friends are still around.

I'll still be around.  Granted, mostly it's late at night when I'm sleep deprived and feeding the baby.  
Besides, I have bad luck with starting up new forums elsewhere.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 04:53:06 PM

I'll still be around.  Granted, mostly it's late at night when I'm sleep deprived and feeding the baby.
which will probably be just about every night  :lol:

I just get banned in like a week
:cry:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on April 22, 2010, 04:27:33 PM
Hey, a small request:  Before everything collapses/gets nuked, could you please wait until I finish all 30 days of my SME project?

It's all I have left.

Well, that and the Spider Project.  Which has been on hold due to Frost Heaves business.

But still.  I'd like to actually finish the thing with the majority of PD.com intact before everyone decides to call it a day and find other boards to post on.

Call it an appeal for sympathy.  I have a soft spot in my heart for the place, and I'd like to finish this damn thing while my electronic friends are still around.

Oh hell you know I"ll pop on and at least lurk.

Doktor Howl

It suddenly occurred to me what this recent bashfest reminds me of.  Israel and Palestine.  Both sides WANT to fight, and they're GOING to fight, and the rest of the world gets all pissed off about it because they feel they have to stop something that both sides are patently enjoying.

Just consider Apple Talk to be Jerusalem, and let them have their fun.
Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Well, it looks like a reasoned argument between Nigel and myself isn't going to happen so I'll say this as far as the criticism towards me is concered:

Nigel has shown a pattern of abuse towards whoever will respond to her ridicule. She started fucking with posters who I happen to respect and then went after me, so I decided to retaliate and get some cheap lulz in while I was at it. After seeing that it was beginning to spread into other people's posts I decided to see what the board thought and, while most didn't care, there was a significant chunk who was sick of it so I tried to get Nigel to agree to:
1) Restricting the drama to a single thread
and
2) Engaging me in a reasoned argument about the whole thing

1 wasn't happening, but if the drama dies here then it's irrelevant. 2 isn't happening either, but again, if the drama dies here then it doesn't matter either.

She seems to have stopped trying to goad people into more drama since things aren't exactly going well for her now so as far as I'm concerned this is done with, but I can almost guarantee that she's going to keep doing this to me or other posters unless she gets a fucking grip. My intent was to get her to cut this shit out and it seems to have worked, for now.

Again, I apologize for any threads that got spagged up by this, and if it bothers you you can PM me or another mod to split stuff out of your threads if it's that big a deal. I want to stress that ANYONE can request this. It's not something that only happens to threads mods make and if it's a big deal to you then let us know.

The problem with claiming that X thread is "bullshit" and therefore not subject to splitting if the OP is bothered by it is that it's totally subjective as to what constitutes "bullshit". Some people come here to try and write serious stuff, some people come here to nerd out on technology or science, some people just come here to post and read funny or entertaining things. This has always been a diverse board and should continue to be a diverse board. Unless you're in here trying to hack the forum, outing trolls or breaking laws you're not going to be banned or otherwise punished with admin/mod powers. This forum has pretty much been a forum where you're free to post whatever you like and the only stipulation is that it may be moved to another part of the forum.

The fallout of this is that when you start pissing people off, you start catching shit for it, which obviously causes drama. Still, it's a decent trade-off in comparison to getting banned or having posts deleted.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 04:47:32 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on April 22, 2010, 04:30:08 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 04:21:49 PM
It occurs to me that I cannot be right, in this or any other thing.  I am amazed that I haven't seen this before.  No matter how outrageous the thing I am reacting to is I, am the fucking bad guy.  There are not only two standards here, there are at least three.

Fuck it, you guys figure it out.    I see no benefit to participating, since the verdict on me was in before I even posted.

I understand where you're coming from. Before I even posted that, I knew my suggestion that we refrain from shitting on each other was going to be met with really great justifications for shitting on one another.

as I said, I'm not trying to paint you as the bad guy. I'm trying to illustrate what kind of communications interfere with cooperation towards a better board. It's not just you, it's just an example of the escalatory communication feedback loop which is the NORM at principiadiscordia.com/forum.

Well, I kind of read your placing the wrong context on my "Ari Fleisher" comment as assigning blame, especially when you clarified it as escalatory.

It's really fucking simple.  Two people got in a fight, which was bad.  It was made worse by everyone jumping in...in some cases, the same people that later started flouncing out of "disgust".  Then one admin threatened to trash the board itself because he doesn't think he's received his due, and because all the other mods and admins are incompetent...the board only had good days because he and he alone made it so.  His own words.  This apparently gives him the right to destroy 8 years of amazingly creative shit.

I made every effort throughout the Nigel/TTM thing to be a calming influence, but when one guy decides he can wreck years of writing as a means to throw his toys out of the pram, I thought - and still think - it was time to speak up.  I seem to be alone in this, so I guess I'll just back off and let everyone tell Cain how right he is, and hope that Faust is keeping up on the backups.

Don't know why I bothered.
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 22, 2010, 04:55:22 PM

It has been so far.  If I averaged out every night the past 4 weeks, I'd say I'm getting an average of 3, maybe 4 hours of sleep.  Late nite TV still sucks. 

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 05:00:53 PM

I don't either, but it's appreciated. You were one of the last people I expected to try and calm things down. You're surprisingly good at it.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 05:02:19 PM

It has been so far.  If I averaged out every night the past 4 weeks, I'd say I'm getting an average of 3, maybe 4 hours of sleep.  Late nite TV still sucks. 

Did you order some of Peter Popoff's miracle water yet?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on April 22, 2010, 05:03:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 05:00:53 PM

I don't either, but it's appreciated. You were one of the last people I expected to try and calm things down. You're surprisingly good at it.

I was trying something different.  Didn't work.

What pisses me off here is that we have 4 or 5 people working on projects for hardcopy publication.  Some really amazing stuff is being done.

But obviously, everyone fixates on the bullshit, instead of on the cool stuff.  It's this sort of thinking that drives TV programming.  We COULD put Casablanca on, but we've gotten people hooked on WWF.  The bitchy drama keeps people tuned in far more than any actual attempt at creating something.

Edit:  Funny note:  When someone else went nuclear, it became my fault.  :lol:
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 22, 2010, 05:03:52 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 05:02:19 PM

which will probably be just about every night  :lol:

It has been so far.  If I averaged out every night the past 4 weeks, I'd say I'm getting an average of 3, maybe 4 hours of sleep.  Late nite TV still sucks.  

Did you order some of Peter Popoff's miracle water yet?

I wonder if I mixed it in with the boy's formula if that would cut down on the projectile vomiting, or increase his range.  

Richter

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 04:52:49 PM

We all are.

The problem:  It isn't just Nigel and TTM.  It's everyone.  Paes, etc, shrieking and stalking off, over shit that has been happening on and off since day one, for example.

I'm staying, even if I'm the only one left here.  I am developing a pretty low opinion of the people flouncing, and I have developed in a single day a very low opinion of Cain, not just because he threatened to erase everything, but because of the things he said about the rest of us...things he has apparently been itching to say for a very long time.

I'm sticking around too, for what that's worth.    
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat