Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Freeky's Fread For Failed Food. FFFUUUU-

Started by Freeky, April 22, 2010, 05:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 23, 2010, 01:02:27 AM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on April 23, 2010, 01:00:17 AM
Don't listen to LMNO, some anchovies, vinegar, and several minced ginger roots are all you need.

That doesn't sound very good.

That's because I forgot to mention the dry top ramen crumbles it should be served with.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I actually think that just some peppers, red, green, mild or spicy, would have made a big difference there.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 23, 2010, 07:42:03 AM
I actually think that just some peppers, red, green, mild or spicy, would have made a big difference there.

I saw some habaneros, but they were like, 9 bucks a pound. So I said no to them.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 23, 2010, 06:26:08 PM

I saw some habaneros, but they were like, 9 bucks a pound. So I said no to them.

Jesus, yeah, screw that. Just a bell pepper and some chili flakes maybe.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 23, 2010, 08:15:10 PM

I'm gonna have to try this one again with the suggestions I've gotten, but not soon. I have a very large pot that is full to the brim with this crap and I'ma have to eat it.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 23, 2010, 08:22:07 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 23, 2010, 08:15:10 PM

I'm gonna have to try this one again with the suggestions I've gotten, but not soon. I have a very large pot that is full to the brim with this crap and I'ma have to eat it.

No reason why you can't spice up the leftovers. 

....edited because I don't pay freaking attention.   S'ok I have issues....

Freeky

Eater of Clowns

I've never bought habaneros before, but is $9/lb that unreasonable for them?  I mean that whole pot might only need one and what is that, a few ounces?

Also - mushrooms.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

Quote from: EoC on April 23, 2010, 08:36:49 PM
I've never bought habaneros before, but is $9/lb that unreasonable for them?  I mean that whole pot might only need one and what is that, a few ounces?

Also - mushrooms.

Produce averages out at 3-4 bucks a pound. 9 dollars is outrageous, even if you're only getting one.

Suu

And this is why I *LIKE* the East Coast. Everything we need is produced over here...but they still ship shit in from California because Florida doesn't like to share.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dude I've found red bell peppers at Publix that were shipped from friggin Switzerland! Why the hell would we need to ship those in from there when they grow like mad right here in your back yard??

I get all my produce from the farmers markets now. I only buy boxed shit that I can't get there and yogurts n shit from Publix anymore.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

yeah, but a pound of habaneros would last you 6 months. One or two habaneros is going to cost, like, 50 cents and be plenty of spice for a pot of soup. Also, too many vegetable ingredients. Pick one or two flavors that you want to showcase and stick to those and whatever spices you add. Throwing 6 or 7 veggies, especially similar ones, is going to just taste like a mess of plant matter. And do never roast broccoli (cooks quickly) with root veggies (take a long time).

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 23, 2010, 08:38:56 PM
Quote from: EoC on April 23, 2010, 08:36:49 PM

Also - mushrooms.

Produce averages out at 3-4 bucks a pound. 9 dollars is outrageous, even if you're only getting one.

that's a patently ridiculous thing to say. Cost per portion is the relevant number, not cost per pound.