News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

The art of making hamburgers

Started by Adios, May 10, 2010, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

TRUE

But the burger meat we bought is kinda crapsack, and needs help...  :(

Maybe I'll just do sloppy joes.

Sir Squid Diddimus

mix with spices
or make sloppy joes.

I AM A GENIUS!

Payne

Just made byrgers for Pix and I.

Easy as shit, just coarse minced beef, half an onion, some parsley, salt'n'pepper and some breadcrumbs... and ALE, BITCHES.

Into the fridge for an hour, formed patties and (due to lack of complete cooking facilities here) quickly fried in a pan.

Sweet!

Also put some brie and tomatos and such all up in the buns.

Payne

Note: Pixie is now totally content and falling asleep. I didn't even spike the burgers, they're just that good.

Triple Zero

sounds like YUM

I should totally make my own burgers soon, I got ready made ones from the supermarket, they were on special offer. And even though they were the quality story brand type, not the ultra cheap deep-frozen "possibly not actually meat" kind, I still didn't really like the way they tasted.

However no garlic?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 09, 2010, 05:29:42 PM
Ale?  In hamburgers?

I say, why not? :)

(and IMO it's better than drinking the stuff :-P)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 09, 2010, 06:38:43 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on August 09, 2010, 05:29:42 PM
Ale?  In hamburgers?

I say, why not? :)

(and IMO it's better than drinking the stuff :-P)

recipie called for stout, but Newcastle Brown works just as well.

Triple Zero

"stout" is the Dutch word for "naughty/bad".

(/random Dutch trivia)

Jasper

If I ever get to those parts, I'll make sure to order their naughtiest beer.

Jenne

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 16, 2010, 10:31:49 AM
If I ever get to those parts, I'll make sure to order their naughtiest beer.

:lmnuendo: (yes, it's redundant, but too much is better than not enough)

And cookin' wiff booze is always right.

Jasper

Even if it doesn't happen to end up in the dish.

Cainad (dec.)

Another bit of advice I learned about grilling burgers, for newbies: Don't go crazy flipping them. It takes a bit of practice if you're not experienced, but eventually you'll learn about how long it takes for one side to finish cooking, and then the other.

If you flip it a dozen times your burger will get dizzy and lose its sense of direction. And there's only ONE direction it should be going.

Nast

Quote from: Cainad on August 16, 2010, 11:01:47 PM
Another bit of advice I learned about grilling burgers, for newbies: Don't go crazy flipping them. It takes a bit of practice if you're not experienced, but eventually you'll learn about how long it takes for one side to finish cooking, and then the other.

If you flip it a dozen times your burger will get dizzy and lose its sense of direction. And there's only ONE direction it should be going.

INTO UR MOUF?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."