News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

What video game world would you live in?

Started by Cramulus, May 26, 2010, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

If you could go live in the universe from a video game, which would you choose?

You become a regular shmuck from that setting, not the hero of the story.

I wouldn't pick hyrule, because as we can see in Zelda Ocarina of Time, everybody pretty much dies within 7 years.

In pretty much all of the Final Fantasy games, something comes and destroys everything. So I wouldn't want to live in any of those places.

Metroid? no way, we don't even see random citizens during these games, so you'd likely be a space pirate or something, which actually looks kind of bleak.

Mega Man? Definitely wouldn't want to live in that world, it gets taken over by robots every two years.

Castlevania? And get eaten by a vampire or his legion of undead? fuck that!

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

oh yeah, that's pretty much just like the world we live in now, except with jellybean based space travel.

for a second I was gonna say BUBBLE BOBBLE, but that would be the worst possible holocaust you could choose

likewise TETRIS -- would probably involve being crushed to death. Or something like this.

hooplala

Quote from: Cramulus on May 26, 2010, 03:21:48 PM
oh yeah, that's pretty much just like the world we live in now, except with jellybean based space travel.

for a second I was gonna say BUBBLE BOBBLE, but that would be the worst possible holocaust you could choose

likewise TETRIS -- would probably involve being crushed to death. Or something like this.

I would kill myself instantly if I was in the Tetris world.  Though I suppose it might not be necessary with all the falling blocks...

I don't mind the idea of this world + jellybean technology.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Richter

Being in any of the "Sim" games (including SimAnt), would be pretty much throwign yourself into a world based on the "Sinners in the hand of an angry God" sermon.  Things can just cruise along, then whoever's at the controls gets bored, and  starts laying waste just for the fun of seeing what happens.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on May 26, 2010, 03:27:59 PM
Myst.

Good call.  I'd specify the setting of the "Uru" sequel though, since the ordinary shmucks ARE the characters, and it's mostly about exploring and restoring D'ni.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

LMNO

I changed my mind.  "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards".

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on May 26, 2010, 03:27:59 PM
Myst.

oh that's not a bad answer. Relatively peaceful. most of the worlds you would potentially be trapped in are very beautiful. Lonely though.

Quote from: Richter on May 26, 2010, 03:28:33 PM
Being in any of the "Sim" games (including SimAnt), would be pretty much throwign yourself into a world based on the "Sinners in the hand of an angry God" sermon.  Things can just cruise along, then whoever's at the controls gets bored, and  starts laying waste just for the fun of seeing what happens.

I think in all of the sim games, you're eventually going to get killed by aliens or godzilla or some other awful disaster

in the Sims, there's a chance that a psychopathic god is going to build you into a 10 x 10 room, where you will be forced to shit on the floor until you starve to death

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on May 26, 2010, 03:30:45 PM

does everybody get laid all the time in that game? Or just Larry?

LMNO

It is a world in which sex exists, which is better than a world which only has vaguely homoerotic and violent analogies for sex.

Richter

Cainad (dec.)

Myst was a pretty good answer, but I would have to say Earthbound.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on May 26, 2010, 03:30:45 PM

Would you be the drunk dude, or the hooker with an STD? ;-)

Those animals in Animal Crossing seem to have it pretty good, with all those kid protagonists slaving for them and such.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

the mushroom kingdom would be awful, there are pretty much no women who aren't royalty or dinosaurs.

assassins creed - there are probably worse places to live than Jerusalem during the crusades or Italy during the early Renaissance. But you will likely die at a young age from plague or medieval medicine.

Parappa The Rapper - that would actually be pretty cool