News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

What video game world would you live in?

Started by Cramulus, May 26, 2010, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Quote from: Remington on May 26, 2010, 10:53:03 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2010, 10:12:28 PM
Ok yeah, I'll take Mass Effect (assuming the third game doesn't end with the entire Galaxy dead or something).
Meh, we'll have Shepard. And it's already been proven that Shepard is so awesome that Death itself cannot hold him/her.

True, but I still don't rule out the possibility things will go to hell before Shepard saves the day.  Of course, it'll probably mostly happen to the humans, I just need to avoid those.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Frogger. I still want to kill that fucking frog.

NWC

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on May 26, 2010, 11:14:46 PM
For me it would be GTA San Andreas.

But I would not like to be a crack dealer if I was playing.

They are like walking cash machines.

In the beginning, yeah. Later, it's not worth the effort. The only person who does well for themselves in that game is CJ's sister. She never gets shot at, she never has to deal with all of the shit that's going on, and she manages a business.

Btw, this is also 1 of 2 video games I've played in the last 4 years, the other being Age of Empires. It's so weird to know things relevant to a discussion about popular culture!
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

NotPublished

I don't want to live in Twisted Metal, its way too fucked up. And callipso terrifies me

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego wasn't too bad ... that could be fun
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Jasper

Then there's Civ 4.

As long as the victory conditions were technological or diplomatic.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 26, 2010, 11:44:47 PM
Then there's Civ 4.

hey! i already said alpha centauri!
that is the sequel to civ if you win the space race victory.
same friggin' game but with lazors instead of bullets and aliens instead of barbarians.
oh and a more interesting environment.
and factions.
and customizable units.
hangon? why are there no AC remakes/sequels?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Jasper

There was Galactic Civilizations.  That was kind of a continuation of the theme.

As far as that stuff goes though, I like GNUlactic Konquest.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: NWC on May 26, 2010, 11:13:55 PM
Are there any video games with just alot of hot chicks and no violence or objectives?

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Cramulus on May 26, 2010, 09:44:29 PM
you're a "regular shmuck". So if you were in the Mass Effect universe, yeah, there's a chance you could be a Turian or Asari or something.

Or even better, a Hanar.

LOL, I'd be willing to guess that a lot of people who struggle with this forum tend to have a lot in common with the Hanar :) I love the role of their "archetype" in all the Bioware games  :D
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

NotPublished

I want to be an Asari!

Hanars are creepy and I want to touch it
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

BadBeast

I'll settle for the beatiful Island Archipelago from "FarCry". I toally conquered the game, and I absolutely know how to deal with those big, ugly mutant Crygens without breaking too much of a sweat. And I have a really hot chick there too,  :fap:  and I know she would totally fucking die for me! As long as I can get the Crygen antidote and stop us both turning into Monsters, then I think we could be really happy there.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Regret on May 27, 2010, 12:11:22 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on May 26, 2010, 11:44:47 PM
Then there's Civ 4.

hey! i already said alpha centauri!
that is the sequel to civ if you win the space race victory.
same friggin' game but with lazors instead of bullets and aliens instead of barbarians.
oh and a more interesting environment.
and factions.
and customizable units.
hangon? why are there no AC remakes/sequels?

There's a mod for Civ 4 that lets you play AC.  I dunno how accurate it is to the original.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

memy

ma-ma-say ma-ma-sah ma-ma-co-sah

Abbess Jade