News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Maybe youth really is wasted on the young.

Started by AFK, June 28, 2010, 08:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeTom

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 02, 2010, 06:24:08 PM
Quote from: PopeTom on July 02, 2010, 06:23:00 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 28, 2010, 11:52:46 PM
Quote from: Kai on June 28, 2010, 11:48:44 PM
Again with the injecting of deadly toxins! Into children this time!

Oh, I get it, it's to beat the Chinese at something.

I can't understand the obsessive drive to stay 16 forever.

Being able to physically stay 16-18 y/o up to the point you die would be awesome. 

Speak for yourself.

Dok,
Is looking forward to incontinence.

I have Crohn's disease; incontinence isn't all it's craked up to be.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Elder Iptuous

yeah
my mom has crohn's, and the only upside to that mess is that you have the legal right to shit in anyone's toilet, even if they have a 'no public restroom' policy...

also, i think anyone that says they think growing old is preferable to having a youthful body until you die is just calling those grapes sour, and that's silly since there aren't any grapes there to point at (yet).
of course, until we do have the prospect of life long vigour and beauty, it's best to grow old as gracefully as possible, and that is definitely not on display in our current social behaviour...

PopeTom

Quote from: Iptuous on July 02, 2010, 06:44:58 PM
and the only upside to that mess is that you have the legal right to shit in anyone's toilet, even if they have a 'no public restroom' policy...

My favorite IBD moment ever:

While on a road trip to western NY in a car with four other people:

Me: We need to find a place with a bathroom.
Driver: Can't you hold it for a while?
Me: If we don't find a bathroom RTFN we can all take turns holding it.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Hail Eris!

Doktor Howl

also, i think anyone that says they think growing old is preferable to having a youthful body until you die is just calling those grapes sour,

Dunno.  I'm happier at 41 than I was at 16, and I think a lot of that has to do with hormonal/chemical differences.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

well, yeah.
i wouldn't elect for 16 either.
i was too scrawny then. (like i'm some buff guy now... :sad:)

I would however elect to have my mid 20's body in perpetuity.

LMNO

Quote from: Iptuous on July 02, 2010, 07:13:50 PM
well, yeah.

Can I have the body of 22, and the brain keeps progressing?

Because if so, I have some scores to settle.  In bed.

PopeTom

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 02, 2010, 07:12:05 PM
also, i think anyone that says they think growing old is preferable to having a youthful body until you die is just calling those grapes sour,

Dunno.  I'm happier at 41 than I was at 16, and I think a lot of that has to do with hormonal/chemical differences.

I'm happier at 38 than I was at 16 because I know more.  Unfortunately my body is already kind of broken. 
While it was still broken at 16 it wasn't nearly as broken as it is now, and it healed quicker.

So basically, this brain in my 16-18 year old body is really the way to go for me.

Therefore I'm still holding out for cloning and brain transplants or a brain peel and robotic body.
Depending on what advances faster, bio-tech/medical science, or computer and robotics technology.
-PopeTom

Hail Eris!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PopeTom on July 02, 2010, 07:17:19 PM

I'm happier at 38 than I was at 16 because I know more.  Unfortunately my body is already kind of broken. 

Tell me about it.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

i dunno, man....

when i was younger, i knew everything!

now, i'm not sure about shit!

might take the old brain, too...

Nast

17 is difficult because you have little worldly experience. Everything is scary and new.

It's no fun that things break down, but so does everything else in existence. Entropy and all that. I do think that this culture is too youth-centric, and we've created the unfortunate self-fulfilling prophecy that old people are boring and useless.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on July 02, 2010, 07:15:51 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on July 02, 2010, 07:13:50 PM
well, yeah.

Can I have the body of 22, and the brain keeps progressing?

Because if so, I have some scores to settle.  In bed.
:potd:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PopeTom on July 02, 2010, 06:23:00 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 28, 2010, 11:52:46 PM
Quote from: Kai on June 28, 2010, 11:48:44 PM
Again with the injecting of deadly toxins! Into children this time!

Oh, I get it, it's to beat the Chinese at something.

I can't understand the obsessive drive to stay 16 forever.

Being able to physically stay 16-18 y/o up to the point you die would be awesome. 

The problem is these people only seem to care about staying cosmetically 16-18 years old.  Which is a whole different story.

I might agree with you if you said physically 23-26. 16-18 I had no hips, no boobs, and no sex drive.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, gotta say, at 39 I have more physical energy/drive than I did at 29... if I could stay this age forever I'd take it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

It seems that every body has its different "Golden Years".
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Elder Iptuous

yeah, i guess i'm making assumptions.
i've got more energy and drive now at 32 than when i was 23.  But i assume that's because i don't smoke buds every day now.  and i get actual exercise.  and my alarm clocks will actually throw things at me if i don't wake up on time....
if i had these things at 23, i'm guessing that body would be a little mo better than this body.
but i'm not losing any sleep over it.
so far the 30's are turning out to be a helluva time!