News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Hipster Shrugged

Started by Cain, August 29, 2010, 01:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Don't die of shock or anything, but something actually funny went viral on Twitter recently

http://www.juliansanchez.com/2010/08/27/hipster-shrugged/

Quoteziege19
@normative Who is John Galt? Oh, you probably haven't heard of him, he's really obscure. #HipsterShrugged

Quoteradleybalko
I stopped contributing to society way before "going Galt" was cool. #HipsterShrugged

QuoteSandyS1
Dagny Taggart: Relationship status: It's complicated. #HipsterShrugged

Quotejacobgrier
I have John Galt's entire speech... on vinyl #hipstershrugged

Quotepetersuderman
I used to like the government, but that was before it got big and popular. #HipsterShrugged

Quotepeejaybee
Galt's Gulch used to be pretty cool. Now it's like, strollers everywhere. #hipstershrugged

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Placid Dingo

This is frustrating because I'm halfway through the book, so some of them are funny, and some of them I can ALMOST get.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Disco Pickle

damn it you beat me to sharing this. 

still funny.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann