News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Dear traditional-age college students.

Started by Suu, September 15, 2010, 02:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

If you don't want to even TRY to learn, and instead sit there, make fun of the people who DO answer questions and participate, sneer, bitch about the professor and then answer that the capital of Canada is Vermont...GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CLASSROOM.

You do NOT have to be in college. It's a goddamn privilege. You're not obligated to be there, in fact, you're PAYING to be there, instead of skirting by on the coattails of taxpayers.

You're a goddamn disgrace and a waste of a human being. Do me a favor, and get a job waiting tables, in fact, take mine, because I won't be needing it much longer...then again, don't, I'd hate to think of the idea of you counting my money or handling my food. Just...go jump off the fucking Newport Bridge.

Thanks.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

High school kids being given an unprecedented degree of personal freedom all at once: a pretty terrible idea, actually.

Cainad,
Traditional-age college student

Prince Glittersnatch III

The unfortunate fact is that despite all the stuff that guidance counselors fed you about "Higher Learning" college is basically High School 2.0
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Jasper

ITT I just realized that if I was a traditional age college student, I could be a grad student by now.  :(

Suu

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 15, 2010, 03:27:48 AM
The unfortunate fact is that despite all the stuff that guidance counselors fed you about "Higher Learning" college is basically High School 2.0

I got that much when I was in the ladies room and overheard the atypical "ZOMG HE'S SO HOT BUT NOT MY TYPE" conversation.

Why am I doing this to myself?!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Phox

Meh. Depending on what you go into, once you get out of the gen eds with the fratasses and the sorwhores, it gets interesting. Of course, I went into Classics and Philosophy, so I may only be enjoying myself because of the obscurity.

Fractalbeard

Because maybe one or two of them will excel and do something really cool related to the class?

That's what I keep telling myself, at least.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Don Coyote

So I didn't miss much by wasting time at community colleges for 3 years?

Suu

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on September 15, 2010, 03:39:01 AM

Meh. Depending on what you go into, once you get out of the gen eds with the fratasses and the sorwhores, it gets interesting. Of course, I went into Classics and Philosophy, so I may only be enjoying myself because of the obscurity.

I LOVE my history class! Yeah, geography is dull...and in theory, they SHOULD know the stuff...but FFS, just shut up and take the A like I am.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Doktor Monkey on September 15, 2010, 03:39:55 AM
Because maybe one or two of them will excel and do something really cool related to the class?

That's what I keep telling myself, at least.

Of course, that where the 2.0 comes in.
As opposed to High School 1.0 where youre essentially given an A not to break anything in High School 2.0 you might on some rare occasion learn something.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Princess on September 15, 2010, 02:54:00 AMIf you don't want to even TRY to learn, and instead sit there, make fun of the people who DO answer questions and participate, sneer, bitch about the professor and then answer that the capital of Canada is Vermont...GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CLASSROOM.

You do NOT have to be in college. It's a goddamn privilege. You're not obligated to be there, in fact, you're PAYING to be there, instead of skirting by on the coattails of taxpayers.

You're a goddamn disgrace and a waste of a human being. Do me a favor, and get a job waiting tables, in fact, take mine, because I won't be needing it much longer...then again, don't, I'd hate to think of the idea of you counting my money or handling my food. Just...go jump off the fucking Newport Bridge.

Thanks.

Are you just posting this here, or also telling this to the kids?

Because it's not all that unreasonable to tell them what you're saying.

Remember you're no longer in highschool so you don't have to worry about the popularity ratings anymore and can say just what you think.

They are not forced to be in class and if they are just going to sit and chat with eachother instead of paying attention, they can simply do that somewhere else. Also, bring it up with the professor, because it's his/her responsibility to kindly ask the ones that are disturbing the class as well.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

With any luck they'll get it out of their system by the end of first semester, like they did where I was (well, mostly).

And if they did that shit in a seminar, like Trip, I'd feel no compunction in telling them to fuck off somewhere else, whether I was leading it or otherwise.  It's amazing how people who are willing to be disruptive in a lecture hall suddenly become a lot less willing to act out when trapped in a small room with you.

Kai

I agree with the OP. For grad students and non-trads, bitching about stupid freshmen is an international passtime and art form. Especially the greek crowd.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

When I went back to college, I was amazed how much I learned simply by sitting in the front, and writing down everything the professor said.  Then I realized that much of my previous college class was spent getting drunk, getting laid, being too cool to pay attention in class, and then scrambling at the last minute, trying to learn everything from the textbook.

Interestingly enough, I was still getting drunk and laid every night.  Only this time, I was doing it with a 4.0 average.