News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Anarchy

Started by BadBeast, September 15, 2010, 06:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BadBeast on September 16, 2010, 06:42:31 PMIn pre-conflict Afghanistan,the Tribal thing worked pretty well. Everyone had access to AK47's, so if someone attacked another village, the consequences of this wouldn't be  some abstract, that he's have to think about before setting off, it would be a a village full of angry tooled up villagers, looking to kill you. There was no gun crime there. People didn't go about shooting the fuck out of each other over some dispute involving a couple of goats, or a spilled pint of beer. They had rules. They are all well aware of the consequences of any action like this, so their behaviour towards each other reflects this. These people have inviolable rules of hospitality, are fiercely independent, and they're as hard as coffin nails. In fact as a model of an anarchist society, Afghanistan is ideal. They have been there since Alexander the Great's Army's dissipated after his death. They haven't been conquered since, not by anyone. But they never waged War on any other Nation. The Afghan Taliban never put a bomb in any other country, or picked a War with anyone. The Afghanis have always pretty much got on with their own shit, unless someone is trying to invade them. In modern times they have fought off invasion from the two biggest Superpowers  ever. And all without any central Government.  

Almost the entire quoted post is complete horseshit, but I especially appreciated the bolded and underlined part, which is something that has literally NEVER existed in known human history.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 20, 2010, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on September 16, 2010, 06:42:31 PMIn pre-conflict Afghanistan,the Tribal thing worked pretty well. Everyone had access to AK47's, so if someone attacked another village, the consequences of this wouldn't be  some abstract, that he's have to think about before setting off, it would be a a village full of angry tooled up villagers, looking to kill you. There was no gun crime there. People didn't go about shooting the fuck out of each other over some dispute involving a couple of goats, or a spilled pint of beer. They had rules. They are all well aware of the consequences of any action like this, so their behaviour towards each other reflects this. These people have inviolable rules of hospitality, are fiercely independent, and they're as hard as coffin nails. In fact as a model of an anarchist society, Afghanistan is ideal. They have been there since Alexander the Great's Army's dissipated after his death. They haven't been conquered since, not by anyone. But they never waged War on any other Nation. The Afghan Taliban never put a bomb in any other country, or picked a War with anyone. The Afghanis have always pretty much got on with their own shit, unless someone is trying to invade them. In modern times they have fought off invasion from the two biggest Superpowers  ever. And all without any central Government.  

Almost the entire quoted post is complete horseshit, but I especially appreciated the bolded and underlined part, which is something that has literally NEVER existed in known human history.

heh, that's an amusing statement.  I'm pretty sure he meant pre the current conflict with the US though.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BadBeast

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 20, 2010, 09:47:19 PM

I meant while they are not being invaded by someone.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cain

Before humans lived there?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Xochipilli on September 20, 2010, 09:44:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 09:38:09 PM
Quote from: Xochipilli on September 20, 2010, 09:36:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 09:32:12 PM
Quote from: Xochipilli on September 20, 2010, 09:31:12 PM
Interpretive art, including acting, dancing, musical performance, and production of audio or visual material (I mean the actual production, not the organizational work done by someone with the title "Producer") is still art, and it is still creative.

Interpretive dances?   :lulz:

No sweat.  License the right to use the music and go nuts, Moonflower.

I meant dance which has been choreographed (created) by someone else.  Both the choreographer and the dancer are engaged in creative art.

That's nice.  Now all they have to do is get permission to use the music.

Not seeing a problem, here.

And permission to use the choreography.  As intellectual property that is also subject to Copyright.  Establishing creation of a particular dance style is more difficult than establishing creation of a novel or song, certainly, but it can be done.  It could also, potentially, become very messy since dance is even more obviously a remix of previous dance than other creative endeavors.

Sure.  Still not seeing a problem. 

But I took your post to mean the dancer and the choreographer were working together.

But I have to ask...Who the fuck choreographs interpretive dance?
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on September 20, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Almost tempted to cite Somalia too, but I'd be flogging a dead horse here too wouldn't I?) Bloody Statists!  
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 09:54:10 PM
Quote from: Xochipilli on September 20, 2010, 09:44:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 09:38:09 PM
Quote from: Xochipilli on September 20, 2010, 09:36:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 09:32:12 PM
Quote from: Xochipilli on September 20, 2010, 09:31:12 PM
Interpretive art, including acting, dancing, musical performance, and production of audio or visual material (I mean the actual production, not the organizational work done by someone with the title "Producer") is still art, and it is still creative.

Interpretive dances?   :lulz:

No sweat.  License the right to use the music and go nuts, Moonflower.

I meant dance which has been choreographed (created) by someone else.  Both the choreographer and the dancer are engaged in creative art.

That's nice.  Now all they have to do is get permission to use the music.

Not seeing a problem, here.

And permission to use the choreography.  As intellectual property that is also subject to Copyright.  Establishing creation of a particular dance style is more difficult than establishing creation of a novel or song, certainly, but it can be done.  It could also, potentially, become very messy since dance is even more obviously a remix of previous dance than other creative endeavors.

Sure.  Still not seeing a problem. 

But I took your post to mean the dancer and the choreographer were working together.

But I have to ask...Who the fuck choreographs interpretive dance?

I wasn't talking about interpretive dance I was saying that dance, like producing or performing music, is an interpretive artform.  

The problem is that dance which has been choreographed by someone else originally has been used, widely, in creative works.  Musical theater and film contain dances which are largely derivative of earlier dances.  Some savvy choreographers could destroy the theater and film industry if they so chose. And using derivative dance really cannot be avoided without avoiding using dance at all.  Strict enforcement of copyright law would destroy an entire segment of the creative industry in this case.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Xochipilli on September 20, 2010, 10:01:11 PM
I wasn't talking about interpretive dance I was saying that dance, like producing or performing music, is an interpretive artform.  

The problem is that dance which has been choreographed by someone else originally has been used, widely, in creative works.  Musical theater and film contain dances which are largely derivative of earlier dances.  Some savvy choreographers could destroy the theater and film industry if they so chose. And using derivative dance really cannot be avoided without avoiding using dance at all.  Strict enforcement of copyright law would destroy an entire segment of the creative industry in this case.

So we have to let people rip music off, so the choreographers don't destroy Hollywood?
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 10:03:06 PM

So we have to let people rip music off, so the choreographers don't destroy Hollywood?

Either we get free music or Hollywood is destroyed?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cudgel on September 20, 2010, 10:05:37 PM

Don't FUCK with choreographers.
Molon Lube

Cain

OK, but where's the incentive to not let people rip music off?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on September 20, 2010, 10:10:01 PM

OK, but where's the incentive to not let people rip music off?

I was wondering that.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BadBeast on September 20, 2010, 09:57:13 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 20, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Almost tempted to cite Somalia too 

you probably should. After all, the Horn of Africa has a long tradition of peaceful interaction between neighbors.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

also, I am in favor of anything that utterly destroys the "art form" of interpretive dance.

also also, and I think this got lost a few pages back but bear with me because I just read everything after page 2 just now...

as near as I can figure out, "rational anarchism" is what you call it when you espouse a philosophy of living by a combination of common sense and personal responsibility within the larger framework of a governed society, only you think that somehow calling yourself an "anarchist" will make it easier to sleep with smelly hippie chicks who probably have trust funds.

because really, there's no reason not to just call that philosophy "rational personhood".

Requia ☣

You gotta have a label for your identity ECH, else how will you tell yourself apart from the other monkeys?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.