News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

A Problem

Started by Jasper, October 07, 2010, 01:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

I'm not so much concerned with hipsters, now.  I just dislike meta-contrarianism in fashion.

Adios

For Postergasm.

(In large font)
ATTENTION HIP PEOPLE

(In very small print)
Oh? You really think you are hip?, over and over and over.

slothrop23

i dont get on with hipsters because i'd look stupid in the clothes they wear and i'd kill myself repeatedly if i listened to the music they did.  i think some people just need to latch on to a group or trend for a direction they think they should take.  i however feel quite happy alone on a hill in a shed with the internet and call of duty 4.  i definately lost the point somewhere near i don't...   
Wind turbines.

I'm a big fan

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 07, 2010, 08:34:15 PM
HEY SERIOUSLY

where are these mythical hipsters?

I saw some people in hipster-ish clothing a while ago, but it was a few years back (at a concert) and then half a year back (at a second hand design furniture dump store) . So I guess those weren't it.

Do they actually exist?

How come we are all suddenly worrying about a bunch of people that 99% of the people participating in these threads have never even observed?

A hipster:

Cramulus

:omg:

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND IRONY AND YOU ARE CONDESCENDING SO GO ROLL A CIGARETTE AND PLAY YOUR HURDY GURDY IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SO COOL

Eater of Clowns

Screw that, LMNO, get one step ahead.  Smoke your cigarette sideways.  Light both ends, inhale from the center.  Bonus points if you use your mustache curls to hold the ends, so you can smoke hands free.  We've done enough talking about hipsters, we need to start deconstructing this shit.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nephew Twiddleton

The funny thing is that I wouldn't have pinned LMNO as being a hipster. I figured his 'stache was a Discordian thing...

Kinda like my old boss has a crazy 'stache but that's because he was in his 20s in the 70s.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Dysfunctional Cunt

So let me get this straight.....

Dressing as LMNO is in this picture is what adds to making one a hipster?  That needs to be combined with...

music preference?

hangouts? -

I don't know.

I just don't see the problem with people dressing nicely.  I would much prefer to see someone dressed like LMNO than half the shit you see people in today.

I guess I'm a hipster sympathizer.... 

LMNO

Please keep in mind I may be engaged in playful self-mockery.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 08, 2010, 04:46:54 PM
Please keep in mind I may be engaged in playful self-mockery.

Well you look nice doing it!  :ECH:

All pimped out as my sons would say!

LMNO

Ah.  I meant, as far as self-identifying as a hipster.

The outfit is 169% me. 

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on October 08, 2010, 04:52:50 PM
Ah.  I meant, as far as self-identifying as a hipster.

The outfit is 169% me. 

:mittens:

:lulz:

Doktor Howl

Trip,

As I've stated before, if someone makes themselves HAPPY by playing a uke, wearing non-prescription glasses, and dressing in jeans that make their feet numb, then good on 'em, they're in a state of Slack™.  If, however, they're doing it because that's an image they feel they have to live up to, then it's Pinkboyism.

As far as I'm concerned, "hipster" (or "mod" or "clubber") is a state of mind, not a set of clothes.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on October 07, 2010, 02:44:56 PM
yeah I really don't get the hangups here about
(a) why this is a real group of people

It's not.

(b) why this particular group if people is in any way special enough to care about

Because it's not a real group of people, it's funny to care about them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roaring Biscuit!

i don't mind hipsters, but maybe I just don't know any.

People wearing fake glasses pissed me off though, like it would be ok if I started using a fake wheelchair?  FOR FASHION!

x

edd