News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

More Spider Music from the Spider Project

Started by LMNO, November 18, 2010, 10:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: Triple Zero
everything

Thank you. Truly.

I fucked up. Pure and simple.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 25, 2011, 09:04:37 AM

Fuck off. Shit on the noob all you like, but don't shit on goa/psytrance for no other reason than you don't like the guy that mentions it. With all the complex interlocking melodies, there's bunch of really brilliant stuff (not what I link below btw) I like to compare to what Bach would have made if he'd lived in the 90s and you'd give him a synthesizer. Whether that's a good thing is another question.

Well, yes.  Another question entirely.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Scribbly

Hey. After reading this, I just wanted to say- I downloaded the Spider Project  again this morning after I saw there were new bits I'd missed, and listened to it on my morning walk.

Absolutely brilliant stuff. Thanks for putting it together, LMNO, and thanks everyone else who has been involved in it. I love it.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Roaring Biscuit!

is there a collection of the rants somewhere (other than the thread), and maybe some indication of which have been done or not?

need to get back into the habit of writing things again :)

x

edd

LMNO

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on January 25, 2011, 03:10:37 PM
is there a collection of the rants somewhere (other than the thread), and maybe some indication of which have been done or not?

x

edd

There was a PDF, I don't know how complete is was (as in, some things were written after it was compiled).
The Reverbnation page shows the songs that have been done, listing the rants in the order they were written. 

Currently, we've got 1-9, 13, 17-18, and 26.  I'm working on 16 right now (RWHN), and I have audio from Cainad for 14 and maybe 15, I can't remember.

I haven't touched anything after Cram's "Lament for the Tricksters", if you want to give another one a go.

Roaring Biscuit!

Mind if I call dibs on "Hush now my darling..."  (that's one of yours).  Probably can't start until after wednesday though

xx

Edd

LMNO

I did have some ideas about that... I'll PM you, and we can talk about it.

Jenne

Well, suffice it to say 1) I think there's a time and place to call someone down for work they've done but NOT in a thread that highlights a project like THIS (that's what I was RIGHTLY upset about) and 2) I dislike being put into a category--albeit with some caveats--of shitting on "noobs."  Those folks aren't N00BS--they're trolls.  Or acting like trolls.  And they shit where they ate.  Repeatedly.

I have no opinion of the genre of music under discussion.  I think my absence of comment there was plain as can be.  However, I do take ENORMOUS exception to the "you're so wrong" attitude of folks who have been here before (or not?) and take a ginormous dump all over LMNO and his techniques.  Moral for me is:  don't stand up for others, because you get shit on.  Moral for others:  please do start another fucking thread if you want to debate techniques of something technical that you think you have expertise in that sharing about might help others in the future.

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 25, 2011, 03:38:55 PM
Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on January 25, 2011, 03:10:37 PM

x

edd

There was a PDF, I don't know how complete is was (as in, some things were written after it was compiled).
The Reverbnation page shows the songs that have been done, listing the rants in the order they were written. 

Currently, we've got 1-9, 13, 17-18, and 26.  I'm working on 16 right now (RWHN), and I have audio from Cainad for 14 and maybe 15, I can't remember.

I haven't touched anything after Cram's "Lament for the Tricksters", if you want to give another one a go.

Did or did it not get cross-posted at EB&G?  I thought it was but I could be mistaken.

LMNO

I don't know if Spiders did.  30 Days of Eris might have been.

I have a Word doc that's basically the "Print" of the thread with spurious comments taken out.  I can send that to you, if you like.

Jenne

...no no is fine.  I don't recall if Bella's WIPING EB&G or just handing it wholecloth to FP/CU.  Might be worth datamining for projects like this, which tended to be a catchall at different points for some of the projects started here.

I know I myself have a tiny few writings I did there but never showed here that I should grab.

LMNO

I think, other than a post or two on kabala/tarot that doesn't need to be saved, I used EB&G as a mirror site for content, which means it would be over here, as well.

...Although, come to think of it, I do remember writing out an explanation/analysis of Horrormirth to someone over there.  Maybe I should go look for it.

Lord Cataplanga

I've just downloaded all the music and I'm really enjoying it.
My favorite so far is the 11th track. Great music, great voice, great rant.
That's all I wanted to say.

LMNO

LMNO

New Rant is up, SquidBurger's "Festering Cyst", as told by Cainad.  Rant #14.

Go here for all the Rants