News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Unlimited Wikileaks Shenanigans

Started by Prince Glittersnatch III, November 22, 2010, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Elmer is already going on trial for disclosing information relating to Swiss bank accounts.  He's got nothing to lose.

The banks really run Switzerland and the fact he is going on trial suggests it is a done deal - he's going to jail.  Might as well get some payback in the process, right?

The Johnny

Well, yes, if he was already caught i understand.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

the last yatto

just saw downtown that someone spray painted
#IAMWIKILEAKS
on the side of an BOA atm

:fnord:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Disco Pickle

FBI issues warrants on Anonymous

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/28/cyber.warrants/index.html?hpt=Sbin

QuoteFBI agents have executed 40 search warrants throughout the United States as part of an investigation into recent coordinated cyber attacks targeting major companies, the agency said.

The United Kingdom's Metropolitan Police Service executed additional search warrants and arrested five people for their alleged role in the attacks, the FBI said in a statement Thursday.

A group calling itself "Anonymous" has claimed responsibility for the attacks, the FBI said. The attacks were allegedly carried out by people who are active supporters of WikiLeaks, but are not affiliated with the website, a federal law enforcement source said.

Late last year, the group launched take-down campaigns against organizations that have shunned the site WikiLeaks. Under the banner "Operation Payback," the Anonymous group successfully crashed MasterCard.com and strained the websites of Visa and PayPal.

Anonymous allegedly makes its attacks not through hacking, but merely by directing a giant traffic surge to the targeted website. That's called a DDoS attack, short for distributed denial-of-service -- and it's hard for most websites to defend against.

"The attacks were facilitated by software tools the group makes available for free download on the internet," the FBI said in a statement.

Facilitating or conducting such attacks is illegal and punishable by up to 10 years in prison, the FBI said.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

BadBeast

This is going to make 4chan cum in it's filthy, semen encrusted pance. They shouldn't be given this exposure. Next thing we know, they'll take the site down, and all those sock-fucking kiddy fiddlers, Furry Yiff dicks, and Chicken fuckers will have to emerge from their dank, fusty cellar of crusty kleenex, feathers, and Boxxy posters, and be loosed, like a dose of Herpes upon the rest of the interwebz.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BadBeast on January 28, 2011, 07:43:47 PM
This is going to make 4chan cum in it's filthy, semen encrusted pance. They shouldn't be given this exposure. Next thing we know, they'll take the site down, and all those sock-fucking kiddy fiddlers, Furry Yiff dicks, and Chicken fuckers will have to emerge from their dank, fusty cellar of crusty kleenex, feathers, and Boxxy posters, and be loosed, like a dose of Herpes upon the rest of the interwebz.   

I like 4Chan/Anonymous, because I like conspiracy and secret plotting for its own sake.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Disco Pickle

more:

QuoteInternational law enforcement is on a mission, hacktivists say: They're out to pay back the anonymous hackers who were part of last year's "Operation Payback," most notably in support of WikiLeaks.

Police arrested five young men in Britain on Thursday, and more than 40 search warrants were executed by the FBI. Police in France, Germany and the Netherlands are also part of the effort.

The targets are those who go by the name of "Anonymous," a loosely organized band of international hackers best known for briefly shutting down some big corporate websites late last year that had cut ties with WikiLeaks.

A detail of the PostFinance.ch website showing technical problems as it is hit by a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) apparently coordinated by hackers in a 'payback operation' after the closure of Julian Assange's account by the bank on December 7, 2010. WikiLeaks had published online, for donation purposes, details of a PostFinance account belonging to Julian Assange. The Swiss Post Office banking division spokesman Marc Andrey has reported Julian Assange was not entitled to the account normally given only to Swiss residents and foreigners from nearby areas. (Harold Cunningham, Getty Images)
Harold Cunningham, Getty Images
The PostFinance.ch website was hit by a distributed denial-of-service apparently coordinated by hackers in "Operation Payback" in December.
Anonymous, in turn, called the crackdown a "sad mistake" in a statement issued after the arrests, which it called an "act of war."

"You can easily arrest individuals, but you cannot arrest an ideology. We are united by a common objective, and we can and will cross any borders to achieve that," Anonymous said. "So our advice to you, the U.K. government, is to take this statement as a serious warning from the citizens of the world. We will not rest until our fellow anon protesters have been released."

The FBI said that the attacks were carried out with the aid of software the group made available for free on the Internet.

"The FBI is working closely with its international law enforcement partners and others to mitigate these threats," the FBI said in a statement.

A team of London detectives who specialize in cybercrime detained the five young men, ages 15 to 26, in raids at homes in central and southern England, Reuters reported.

Among them was reportedly Coldblood, a young Internet activist who says he does not work with Anonymous but explained how the group works in many TV appearances last December.

A source close to Coldblood told AOL News that his TV appearances had angered someone in Anonymous, who then used the name "Coldblood" when participating in cyber-attacks. Police then arrested the real Coldblood in connection with those attacks, the source said.

An Internet activist with knowledge of the anonymous-hacker underground told AOL News today that police are using "old, old techniques" that are unlikely to make a dent in the more than 10,000 strong Anonymous community, despite the arrests in Britain.

"So they got a few people and some servers," said Boston-based Gregg Housh. "Everything was back to normal after the raids."

Anonymous is also responsible for attacking Tunisian websites this month and has encouraged people to download its "Operation Egypt" software aimed at protesting the Internet shutdown in Egypt today.

In December, sites belonging to PayPal, Visa, MasterCard and Amazon.com were targeted in the distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks at the end of December. It was thought that the raids carried out Thursday were in response to those attacks.

DDoS attacks involve swamping a site's server with so many requests that it temporarily goes down.

But Housh, who spoke to three hackers whose homes were raided by police Thursday, said they were all questioned about music industry sites, not the sites involving WikiLeaks.

What many people don't know, Housh told AOL News, is that Operation Payback began six months ago and first targeted the music industry because of court cases against people for file-sharing.

Anonymous has reportedly grown exponentially since just the end of December, The Guardian reported today.

The group is believed to have grown significantly in number and firepower since its support of WikiLeaks, with the overwhelming majority of users simply volunteering their computer to be used in the attacks. Most of those involved in Anonymous operations do not disguise their Internet protocol address, meaning they can be easily identified by police.

4chan may be a cesspool and the filthy, diseased ridden asshole of the internet but for once I admit,  some of those degenerates are doing it right.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 28, 2011, 08:15:05 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on January 28, 2011, 07:43:47 PM

I like 4Chan/Anonymous, because I like conspiracy and secret plotting for its own sake.
So do I, but I also like it as a kind of holding pen, for people you wouldn't like regularly logging into your favourite forums.

Prince Glittersnatch III

So when are the Bank of America docs supposed to come out?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

I suspect Cablegate is taking more time than they expected, and they may have revised their timetable.

Adios

A Norwegian politician said he has nominated WikiLeaks for a Nobel Peace Prize, citing the website's contribution to "democracy and freedom of speech" worldwide.

Nominations for the Peace Prize closed on Tuesday. Any lawmaker, academic or award recipient around the world can nominate anyone for the prize, according to the prize's website.

Stortinget parliamentarian Snorre Valen said he nominated WikiLeaks because it has helped "redraw the map of information freedom."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/02/03/wikileaks.nobel.nomination/index.html?hpt=T2

Wouldn't that piss the U.S. off!

Juana

:lulz: Oh yes, I expect it will. Don't think Wikileaks'll win, but hey, the nomination is pretty cool.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

If this account is accurate, then Julian Assange has been massively downgraded in my eyes:

QuoteWhen pressed by journalists to redact the names of informants mentioned in Afghan war documents then about to be released by WikiLeaks, Assange initially refused.

"Well, they're informants," he said, according to the journalists' account. "So, if they get killed, they've got it coming to them. They deserve it."

I wonder if Assange would feel the same way if such an attitude was held towards, say, Wikileaks informants?

Faust

Thats a douche move. He really should just be removed from the entire wikileaks operation and allow it to function free of the burden that he is.
Sleepless nights at the chateau