News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

FML and WTF am I supposed to do?

Started by Dalek, December 27, 2010, 08:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

Fuck my nutjob family. Really, there's noone without some mental issues. My mom has anger management problems, while my dad is a schizophrenic, acting like a fucking teenager that I'm supposed to parent. For a few months it's all been getting worse and worse and contact between them has become nothing but yelling. He spends all the family's monney, refuses to find a job, as he sees himself as a great artist and waits for someone to offer him something really BIG(he's been waiting for the past 3 years) and on top of that he blames us and tells us we spend everything for buying stupid shit, which is not the case.

For a week now things have went to an extreme and we asked him to move out, as he never stopped acting like a really obnoxious teenager. So yesterday he told us that on spring he's mooving out. I was really happy, as I'm sick of his shit.

Everything is going fine untill this morning my mom tells me he started crying like a baby(She's never seen him crying for the 17 years she lives with him and neither have I). He told her that if we really want to, he'll move out, but he's 50 and has no place to go and his life's a mess etc. Now the decision is up to me, as I'm sort of the responsible parent to my parents and it's really messed up. I don't know what to do. He's a schizo, so he really thinks we are conspiring to ruin his life and can't possibly suspect that the problem is him. We don't have monney for theraphy and there aren't any really good psychoterapists here. If we let him stay with us, he'll act nice for a month or two and then he'll switch to jackass mode again. Neither of them is happy living with eachother, but my dad's only option if he moves out is to live in a house away from the city, which is awesome to be in in the summer, but throughout the other seasons is total shit.

I have no idea what to do. It sucks to have so many responsabilities since the age of 10 and I feel like shit for making him moove out. On the other hand I'll feel like shit for making my mother suffer, because she really, really hates living with him. Fuck.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Fuck that. You move out. Get yourself emancipated if you're under age or just take off if you're not. You are not responsible for your parents being screwballs.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Dalek

I can't do this to them and I have nowhere to go - I'm 16. Plus it will break my mother's heart if I do it, and it will ruin my chances of studying abroad. Me moving out is not really an option

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Dalek

Not really. There is a family that is even more deranged than ours and would be hell to live with. I'm pretty content of living with my mom and it's been all peace when my dad is gone. I'm not considering moving out - my problem is if I should tell my dad to move out or let him stay. Moving out would be the worse thing to do ever - it would leave my mother alone and she won't be able to take it, or living without me and with my dad, which would be hell itself - they hate eachoter. Every time I think about telling him to move out, I think about him crying and it makes my heart ache, but when I consider letting him stay with us I know my life will be shitty.

The Johnny

You dont have to carry the burden of their mistakes, worry about yourself at least until finishing highschool.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Shub-Crackerath

Dude, nasty situation, but i'm sure i don't need totell you that.
Are there no support networks for Scizophenia sufferers and their families where you live? You say there are no good pschotherapists where you are, but if you recognise this as Scizophrenia then you must have had a diagnosis from someone, is he medicated? if not that might be a good start, but i obviously realise i may already be preaching to the choir.

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on December 27, 2010, 09:02:11 AM

You dont have to carry the burden of their mistakes, worry about yourself at least until finishing highschool.

in a perfect world maybe, not sure its that simple by the sound of it though. there's always a very real possibility of this uncomfortable home life actually affecting his studies.

Phox

Am I the only one who is going to say kick the fucker out? Yeah, Phox is the cunt to do it. Seriously, he needs help. But if you can't get him the help he needs now, maybe being out on his own, he'll settle for a fucking a job, and get the help he needs himself. Kicking him out may be the only thing you can do.

But on the other hand, I don't know shit about shit, and i'm probably just being an insufferable cunt because I hate hearing about how shitty people treat their alleged love ones.

Shub-Crackerath

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 27, 2010, 09:59:46 AM
Am I the only one who is going to say kick the fucker out?

not really, i was trying to, but delicately,and in several stages.

with that all scuppered then, i reiterate my intent, with added brevity.

Get him loaded on meds, then kick him outand let the system be his dad

Lies

I would say too... kick the fuck head out.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lies

On another note... do you have a school counsellor? You should talk to them if you do. 
- Oh it exists, and how!

Reginald Ret

You can't save everyone.
Kick him out.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Johnny

Quote from: Lies on December 27, 2010, 11:39:40 AM
On another note... do you have a school counsellor? You should talk to them if you do. 

This doesnt seem like a good idea, they seem to turn into an annoyance rather than help in most cases.

-B.F. Skinner

Lies

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on December 27, 2010, 12:24:11 PM
Quote from: Lies on December 27, 2010, 11:39:40 AM

This doesnt seem like a good idea, they seem to turn into an annoyance rather than help in most cases.
Not in my experience, and I'm sure RWHN would be willing to back me on this too.
- Oh it exists, and how!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on December 27, 2010, 09:59:46 AM
Am I the only one who is going to say kick the fucker out?

No.  But I am, as Dalek puts it, the asshole who ruins PD for the noobs.

Give him the boot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.