News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Unlimited Maine/LePage Hilarity Thread

Started by AFK, January 17, 2011, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Well, our new Governor, Captain Tea-Bag LePage didn't waste anytime getting into the national spotlight with his TP antics.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41119888/ns/us_news/

QuoteWATERVILLE, Maine — Maine Gov. Paul LePage has changed his plans and attended a Martin Luther King Jr. Day breakfast just days after saying critics of his decision to skip other holiday weekend events could "kiss my butt."

LePage attended the breakfast in Waterville on Monday, just as he had done for several years as the city's mayor before being elected governor.

His appearance was scheduled after he responded Friday to critics of his decision not to attend the state NAACP's annual holiday celebrations. LePage cited scheduling conflicts, but his "kiss my butt" comment drew harsh criticism from state and national leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

LePage didn't speak publicly at Monday's event, but in an interview spoke of the importance of King's contributions.

I'm looking forward, kinda, to meeting this guy, which with any luck will be next month. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Attn, RWHN:  Do not gnaw arms off of happy fun governor.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 17, 2011, 05:20:00 PM

:lulz:

Just you wait. Some smudgy person is going to say he should be shot.

Whatever

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 17, 2011, 05:32:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 17, 2011, 05:20:00 PM

:lulz:

Just you wait. Some smudgy person is going to say he should be shot.

And ruin all of the comic relief?  :x

AFK

Besides, both the House Speaker and the Senate President are Republicans.  So loudmouth stupid would just be replaced by stupid loudmouth

Whatever

Quote from: RWHN on January 17, 2011, 07:30:54 PM
Besides, both the House Speaker and the Senate President are Republicans.  So loudmouth stupid would just be replaced by stupid loudmouth

There is a difference you know!!!  :wink:

AFK

Maine, the way life used to be....

http://www.pressherald.com/news/lepage-loosen-dozens-of-rules-on-environment_2011-01-25.html

QuoteMaine Gov. LePage:
Loosen rules on environment
He says his bold plan seeks a balance with economic interests and signals a shift in regulatory approaches.

Gov. Paul LePage has proposed zoning 10 million acres of northern Maine for development, repealing laws that require manufacturers to take back recyclable goods for disposal and reversing a ban on the use of a chemical linked to cancer in children's products.

The proposals are among 36 sweeping changes to environmental laws that LePage sent to the Legislature's new Joint Select Committee on Regulatory Fairness and Reform. The panel began a series of statewide public hearings on regulatory reform Monday in Presque Isle.

LePage's submission ignited howls of protest from environmental groups, who had met with the governor in a forum Thursday to try to persuade him that environmental laws are good for the economy.

"We are shocked and stunned," said Lisa Pohlmann, incoming executive director of the Natural Resources Council of Maine, one of the state's largest and oldest environmental advocacy groups.

Jeebus, it's still only January.  He's going to turn this state upside down and inside out after he's done with it. 

Sister Fracture

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: RWHN, MPP on January 26, 2011, 01:57:39 AM

http://www.pressherald.com/news/lepage-loosen-dozens-of-rules-on-environment_2011-01-25.html

QuoteMaine Gov. LePage:
He says his bold plan seeks a balance with economic interests and signals a shift in regulatory approaches.

Gov. Paul LePage has proposed zoning 10 million acres of northern Maine for development, repealing laws that require manufacturers to take back recyclable goods for disposal and reversing a ban on the use of a chemical linked to cancer in children's products.

The proposals are among 36 sweeping changes to environmental laws that LePage sent to the Legislature's new Joint Select Committee on Regulatory Fairness and Reform. The panel began a series of statewide public hearings on regulatory reform Monday in Presque Isle.

LePage's submission ignited howls of protest from environmental groups, who had met with the governor in a forum Thursday to try to persuade him that environmental laws are good for the economy.

"We are shocked and stunned," said Lisa Pohlmann, incoming executive director of the Natural Resources Council of Maine, one of the state's largest and oldest environmental advocacy groups.

Jeebus, it's still only January.  He's going to turn this state upside down and inside out after he's done with it. 

Being "shocked and stunned" ain't gonna make the nut.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: RWHN, MPP on January 26, 2011, 01:57:39 AM

QuoteMaine Gov. LePage:

Who cares about the environment. Theres fucking cancer causing shit in toys.
HOW COULD ANYONE APPROVE OF THAT?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

AFK

I'm afraid that Mr. LePage is not a big fan of science. 

Also, Mr. LePage used to be the General Manager for Marden's. 

What is Marden's?

It is a Maine chain of salvage stores selling shit that "survived" fires, earthquakes, Chapter 11s, etc., etc,. 

It's much, much worse than Wal-Mart.  Everytime I go (my father-in-law loves to go there when he comes to visit) I lose a little bit of my soul. 

Jenne

Oh I feel so sorry for the citizens of Maine.  "What once was so beautiful, is now one big corporate office park."  :(

AFK

http://www.sunjournal.com/state/story/976358

QuoteAUGUSTA — The Legislature will soon join more than a half-dozen states debating the merits of an anti-illegal immigration bill modeled after the controversial Arizona law.

Rep. Kathleen Chase, R-Wells, has submitted a bill request that would require immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times and would allow local law enforcement agencies to ask whether the individuals are in the United States illegally. Chase said the bill was similar to the so-called "show-me-your-papers" Arizona law.

The bill has already generated a fierce reaction from human rights advocates who said such a law would lead to racial profiling and would focus local policing on a nonexistent problem.

Chase, who said she entered the legislation at the request of a constituent, said the proposal was meant to ensure Maine's coast and border with Canada were protected.

"It's not intended to be harsh or put us in a police state," Chase said. "It's just to protect our shores, our borders, our country."

Chase said she wasn't sure whether the state had an illegal immigration problem.

"There are those who think (it's a problem)," she said. "But I'm not necessarily saying I'm one of them."

She doesn't know if it's a problem but she's introducing legislation anyway. 

FUCK ME my state is losing it's mind!

Cain

I thought conservatives were meant to be all "small government" and shit, not introducing legislation unless absolutely necessary?

I know, I know, but someone had to point it out.