News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

No shit, there I was.

Started by Luna, March 19, 2011, 09:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
This is gonna sound weird, but I think it would be a lot easier if rape was treated more like theft or like other kinds of assault. We could be angry and righteously indignant, instead of ashamed. Most o f the damage isn't from the actual rape, most of the time; it's from the social reaction and the idea that still exists, unspoken, that our purity has been fouled somehow, and we are less valuable because of it.

It's a throwback to the old "woman belongs to a man, ownership transfers from father to husband" bullshit.

It's the lingering "but what if the kid isn't MINE" shit.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 06:57:09 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
This is gonna sound weird, but I think it would be a lot easier if rape was treated more like theft or like other kinds of assault. We could be angry and righteously indignant, instead of ashamed. Most o f the damage isn't from the actual rape, most of the time; it's from the social reaction and the idea that still exists, unspoken, that our purity has been fouled somehow, and we are less valuable because of it.

It's a throwback to the old "woman belongs to a man, ownership transfers from father to husband" bullshit.

It's the lingering "but what if the kid isn't MINE" shit.

Yes. It is. It hearkens back to a time when women were possessions, and their sexual "purity" proof that they were new, not pre-owned. It's funny, but not only am I happier in relationships where my partner takes no ownership of my kids, but my kids are happier too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

I came out with no kids... something for which I'm both grateful and sad.

(Glad I'm not dragging a kid through this shit, sad because I love kids, and am to the point of thinking that it's damn near too late, and I wasted a decade and a half being led on by "one more raise before we do" and may have lost my chance.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Having kids was good for me. It isn't good for everyone, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 07:25:55 PM

Of this I am VERY aware.  I used to work with some very, VERY fucked up kids whose parents should have been taken out and shot.  (Residential home for emotionally disturbed teenagers.  Of our 12 residents, 11 had been sexually abused, most by family members.  One of them had three children... and she was 17.)

If I don't have my own, being auntie isn't a bad second, I suppose.  Got a ton of friends currently expecting.  (Which is, at the moment, occasionally hard to take.)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on March 21, 2011, 07:30:49 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 07:25:55 PM

Of this I am VERY aware.  I used to work with some very, VERY fucked up kids whose parents should have been taken out and shot.  (Residential home for emotionally disturbed teenagers.  Of our 12 residents, 11 had been sexually abused, most by family members.  One of them had three children... and she was 17.)

If I don't have my own, being auntie isn't a bad second, I suppose.  Got a ton of friends currently expecting.  (Which is, at the moment, occasionally hard to take.)

My friends are all having kids right now, which seems weird... my youngest is seven, and I'm SO DONE having kids.

BadBeast

Kids seem to get born regardless of any parental planning, or domestic stability. I think women's  hormones quite often trick them into getting pregnant at the drop of a hat. Especially young women, because the optimum age for giving birth is 15 to 25ish. And up until about 70 years ago, giving birth was the biggest killer of women there was. And there must be some kind of deception going on, because I was present at both my kid's births, and saw the pain you women go through to push them out, and some of you actually do it again, 2 or 3 times! Your genes must have some thing that makes you forget the pain of it all, because if you remembered it, we'd all be only children.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4