News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Anon's social engineering war against Sony

Started by Da6s, April 12, 2011, 07:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

That's fine, but if your STATED GOAL revolves around the legal department, datamining the executives is counterproductive.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 12, 2011, 06:42:03 PM
If any corporation is as badass as you say it is, I'm inclined to hate them and want their CEOs fucked with even more.

Because there's only one thing I hate more than profit maximizers, and that's tyrants.

Any major corporation you fuck with in this way is going to fuck you up.  You can hate it all you want but nothing as retarded as hacking their website is going to change that.  You are fucking with their bottom line.  You are fucking with their stockholders.  You have been here long enough to know it isn't for the children it's all about the stockholders.

You want to effect change, run for office, you'll change your mind if nothing else!! :wink:

Jasper

You talk like I had any part in the attack on Sony.  I didn't.  For one, it was illegal.

I'm just rooting for them because I'm a generally malcontent anti-corporatist.  Any attack on a corporation is fine by me.

Except when they get kids involved.  That's not cool.

Sony can try and fuck with Anonymous in retaliation, but it only ever encourages them.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 12, 2011, 08:20:28 PM
You talk like I had any part in the attack on Sony.  I didn't.  For one, it was illegal.

I'm just rooting for them because I'm a generally malcontent anti-corporatist.  Any attack on a corporation is fine by me.

Except when they get kids involved.  That's not cool.

Sony can try and fuck with Anonymous in retaliation, but it only ever encourages them.

Ummmm reading into a generic 'you' can be hazardous to your psyche.....  :wink:

And Sony isn't going to try, I can pretty much guarantee someone is going down for this latest shenanigans on Anon.

Jasper

Someone with a name, yes.  Anonymous (the group) will continue, and probably escalate until Sony gives up.

You don't understand.  Having a named troll go martyr just makes the silent majority of 4chan get more..."patriotic"? 

The point is that Anonymous will never run out of trolls.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 12, 2011, 08:46:18 PM
Someone with a name, yes.  Anonymous (the group) will continue, and probably escalate until Sony gives up completely destroys enough people financially with legal fees alone.

You don't understand.  Having a named troll go martyr just makes the silent majority of 4chan get more..."patriotic"? 

The point is that Anonymous will never run out of trolls idiots willing to go under a bus for something really not worth it.

Fixxed that for you.  :wink:

In all serious though, if these people continue to push this bullshit they are going to end up fucking shit up for everyone.  Anon cannot effect change, they don't have the financial wherewithal to do so, Sony, they can effect change.

Money talks.

Jasper

I don't cop to learned helplessness in the face of monolithic financial entities.  I'm probably just as cynical as you as far as these things go, but I refuse to behave like a scared little serf just because there are scary people with lots of money.

OKM

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 12, 2011, 10:14:44 PM
I don't cop to learned helplessness in the face of monolithic financial entities.  I'm probably just as cynical as you as far as these things go, but I refuse to behave like a scared little serf just because there are scary people with lots of money.
OKM

Married?

Got kids?

Will your ideals feed them?

Jasper

No, I have less to lose, so naturally I can afford to care more about this sort of thing.

I'm not saying you should be putting your livelihood on the line to play fuckaround with Sony, I'm saying I'm glad some people are.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 12, 2011, 01:53:25 PM
While interesting, I feel that this kind of stuff crosses a line.

Isn't Anonymous kind of a habitual line-crosser?

Jasper

Nobody's surprised. 

Oh my stars and garters, those merry pranksters have taken their hijinks too far this time! 

This is a group that has people going around trying to get people to commit suicide on camera.  They're not good guys.

They're a society of The Joker.

Freckleback

Sony shutdown PSN 3 days ago because of an "external intrusion".

I'm predicting Anonymous is gonna have a bunch of pissed off basement dwellers of their own to deal with.

Elder Iptuous

they claimed responsibility for the last outage, but not this one.

all i know is i can't get my fix of killzone3  :argh!:

Disco Pickle

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/04/26/playstation.network.hack/index.html?iref=NS1

Someone got into the PSN and got docs on users.  Even if Anon isn't claiming responsibility for this one, it isn't going to reflect well on them.  Mobs can turn rather quickly.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Disco Pickle on April 27, 2011, 01:11:10 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/04/26/playstation.network.hack/index.html?iref=NS1

Someone got into the PSN and got docs on users.  Even if Anon isn't claiming responsibility for this one, it isn't going to reflect well on them.  Mobs can turn rather quickly.

Your avatar looks like a lopsided grill until I look directly at it.