News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Slogans for 2011/2012

Started by Disco Pickle, October 14, 2011, 02:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 15, 2011, 07:22:54 PM
I have no doubt.  I regularly enjoy his (your, I'll stop talking around you Trip) very detailed posts on many subjects and you're clearly the sort of person I'd want as a friend to learn from and talk with. 

I almost felt sorry, you know.

Stop being a robot cabbage, please. You're a very advanced robot cabbage.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Disco Pickle

I'm working on it.

I think I'll stay out of AI for a bit.  I cross too many swords here. 

I'm still learning, just like the rest of us. 

It's when I think I'm absolutely correct that I'm fucking up.  And here I thought I knew better.   :lulz:

See you guys on the rest of the board.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Triple Zero

Everybody is always wrong, about everything.

But especially you.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Placid Dingo

Consider Trip as a zen master with a large stick DP.

Playing role of teacher here (and I'm also an idiot becuase I didn't realize bell curve as actually meant I the non education sense)

QuoteUnfortunately, without some real evidence to the contrary, I think that mediocrity, while not the specifically stated "GOAL" of the FDE, is certainly a very real result of their policies.  I'd like some input from teachers on this board as the GF has chosen to teach ESE kids and I only get piecemeal, second hand reports of what gen ed teachers have to deal with.  It's her passion and while she gives me some meat on the state of the system as she sees it, she necessarily can't have the full picture.  Are we NOT teaching to the lowest common denominator, at the expense of the middle of the curve?  Is that, in your estimation, a problem?

Assuming ESE is exceptional student education I can understand the frustration. The reality is that a disengaged child is a behaviour issue. A child who feels dumb or frustrated is disengaged and the quickest way to make a kid feel like that is to give them work they can't handle. So probably your aim is to hit the middle range kids and differentiate for the rest; give extra support to the lower kids and more challenging work for the top range kids.

Does this help?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Placid Dingo on October 16, 2011, 02:48:42 PM

For purposes of my own amusement, I'm reading this as the acronym for Double Penetration.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 16, 2011, 05:38:16 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on October 16, 2011, 02:48:42 PM

For purposes of my own amusement, I'm reading this as the acronym for Double Penetration.

I've been enjoying that joke since back when I was Dancing Pickle.

But it's never too late to get on board the amusement train.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

President Television

Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 14, 2011, 02:10:07 AM
I think you need this PD..  you need a winger here, to counterbalance your own wingery.  You wingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Freeky

It shows a lot about you and the way you deal with debating and self analyzing that because you think Trip is acting like an asshole (the fact that you are just calling him an asshole, too), you dismiss everything he had to say and any point he was trying to make.  PROTIP:  BEING AN ASSHOLE DOESN'T PRECLUDE SOMEONE FROM BEING RIGHT

You have made no actual attempt at self-improvement ITT, no showing of critical thinking skills, no explanation of what it is you understood in any sort of depth. 

So it is you, sir, who is the asshole, and you are an asshole without purpose, and on top of that you are incorrect. 

Triple Zero

Frankly I was being an asshole, but a very righteous one, as well as being one of the coolest assholes Twid has ever met 8)

LMNO

Frankly, I was quite amused watching you be an asshole.  You're quite good at it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 16, 2011, 07:26:19 AM
It's when I think I'm absolutely correct that I'm fucking up. 

This should be branded on everyone's forehead.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nigel on October 15, 2011, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 15, 2011, 05:48:34 PM
He's an asshole.  I thought maybe it was good natured ribbing, "friendly but tough advice," something along those lines.

I was wrong. 

I really am sorry I wasn't able to impress him.

Truly.

No, he was ACTUALLY ASKING YOU TO EXAMINE YOUR STATEMENT and write a critical analysis of it.

You declined to do so.

Still wondering if you're biped enough to take on that challenge.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on October 17, 2011, 08:53:52 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 15, 2011, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on October 15, 2011, 05:48:34 PM
He's an asshole.  I thought maybe it was good natured ribbing, "friendly but tough advice," something along those lines.

I was wrong. 

I really am sorry I wasn't able to impress him.

Truly.

No, he was ACTUALLY ASKING YOU TO EXAMINE YOUR STATEMENT and write a critical analysis of it.

You declined to do so.

Still wondering if you're biped enough to take on that challenge.

He's not, and I don't really care any more. Like Darkuro, you can only say "I'm sorry and I learned my lesson" so many times. And Darkuro's problem was temper tantrums and "showing us all" (IIRC), not the utter incapability of thinking for yourself and coming up with your own thoughts. He's a cabbage. It's odd. I don't want to deal with that, not here.

Doktor Howl

I don't think he's a cabbage.  At least not an irredeemable one.  He's intelligent, but it remains to be seen if he's smart.  He has chosen a religion, like most domesticated monkeys do, and whether or not he can drop that religion and think for himself is the question.

I will say that his constant drunken rages have been funny, but also that his constant resetting to libertard has been frustrating.

All belief systems are equally "valid", in my opinion.  Coincidentally enough, they are precisely as valid as that monster turd I left in the boss's toilet, and just as welcome at parties.
Molon Lube

Freeky