News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

EDL "planned to open fire on police"

Started by Cain, November 15, 2011, 04:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on November 15, 2011, 08:19:39 PM
Why are they targeting Occupy at all? Arent they primarily an anti-muslim group?

I believe they are English Nationalists. So occupying the Cathedral on Remembrance Day would be seen as disrespectful to the soldiers and the sacrifice they made to keep England free. Therefore it is their duty to ruthlessly stamp out their dissent.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Prince Glittersnatch III

They have a board called "armed forces" that is private. Very interesting...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on November 15, 2011, 08:30:49 PM
Why are they targeting Occupy at all? Arent they primarily an anti-muslim group?

I believe they are English Nationalists. So occupying the Cathedral on Remembrance Day would be seen as disrespectful to the soldiers and the sacrifice they made to keep England free. Therefore it is their duty to ruthlessly stamp out their dissent.

But I heard that the Occupy people were paying their respects on the day just like everyone else.

I still find it funny that the London people picked a church of all the places to occupy. There arent any banks in London?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Scribbly

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on November 15, 2011, 08:46:16 PM
Quote from: Demolition_Squid on November 15, 2011, 08:30:49 PM

But I heard that the Occupy people were paying their respects on the day just like everyone else.

I still find it funny that the London people picked a church of all the places to occupy. There arent any banks in London?

The police said they weren't allowed.

We wouldn't want to inconvenience anybody, now, would we?
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Luna

Quote from: Cain on November 15, 2011, 06:25:14 PM
Sorry, maybe I should have put in a retarded statement by a public figure noted for making retarded statements, to gain some interest in this thread?

Don't know why I fucking bother...

Sorry, Cain, wanted to get home and do some research (which I can't do from work) before I responded, as I know jack-all about the EDL, and I usually figure no response at all is better than one full of dumb.

The EDL website has something titled "Independent Video of Police Heavy-handedness" posted, which is some guy bitching about what happened.  I checked out a few more videos, even those posted by EDL supporters show a lot of whining, one guy being picked up off the ground by a couple cops, a bunch of guys being loaded into vans...  I'm finding it entertaining that there are shouts of "police brutality" as soon as the first guy exits the pub, near as I can tell, under his own power and onto his face.  Cameras were running before anything other than the cops standing around was going on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3omajpFxQ&feature=related

Smells to me like this was all set up in order to give the EDL a chance to act the martyrs, with folks outside with video cameras ready to raise a stink.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Sorry, maybe I should have put in a retarded statement by a public figure noted for making retarded statements, to gain some interest in this thread?

I'm quite interested, but like Luna I'm completely unfamiliar with the EDL.

I'm kind of stunned by how dumb they're being even for a fringe group.

Could this be a successful subversion of their organization by infiltrators who have purposefully convinced the larger group and leadership to shoot themselves in the foot?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Very interesting... I will have to do some reading at a point when I'm not incapacitated.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Agent Buttchug on November 15, 2011, 10:40:52 PM

I'm quite interested, but like Luna I'm completely unfamiliar with the EDL.

I'm kind of stunned by how dumb they're being even for a fringe group.

Could this be a successful subversion of their organization by infiltrators who have purposefully convinced the larger group and leadership to shoot themselves in the foot?

Read through the Booms and Headshots in Central Oslo thread Net (and others), these info and links relating to the EDL if you want to brush up. The important thing I gathered was that theres a vast competency gap between the people who organize shit, and the people who execute it.

To respond to the rest of the thread;

Firstly, the whole 'didnt reply thing' isn't so bad. I read a lot more than I write, especially in ae. I think theres lots of people on this site who do likewise, especially when they feel they don't have the knowledge on par with other participants; I know I'm definitely guilty of this, especially when Cain or Kai step up to the mike. If you buy into the implications (and I know not everyone does) of the mbpti thread, it's clear there's a lot of NTs here, and it's a typical NT trait to not want to participate in something until certain of getting it RIGHT.

But at the end of the day a surprising number of people use me as their key source of news yet never actually respond to things I share, and a lot more than that use Cain- so as far as 'why bother', a limited reaction does not mean the spread and discussion of such things is itself a waste.

Onto the op...

Theres a number of concerns I have in relation to what we're seeing.

One is the straight up increase (as I percieve it, not sure if that's the case) in right wing terror; the Giffords shooting, the BPL, Brevik and so on. 

Two, the economic conditions in the Eurozone (and the impact worldwide) seem to foster the kind of environment that right wing extremism can thrive in.

Third the kind of zero-sum strategies we're seeing used by the right wing parties right now are scary. It's been mentioned here before that the GOP is good at forcing the Dems into unpleasant compromises because they genuinely don't care who gets hurt. The Australian Liberal Party (who are, confusingly, conservative) are playing at obstructionist games, to the point where they're telling businesses not to participate in the Carbon Trading Scheme because they intend to dismantle it if they win.

Rise in extremism, consistent with conditions receptive to such, consistent with us vs them radicalism becoming the norm in politics... 

So generally, the continuation of the BPL seems bad, but contextually it seems scary as hell.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Jenne

This, unfortunately, seems an opportune time for extremists to rise up.  From all sides.  Times of economic hardship are often historically the periods in which the most extreme factions of any side of any issue are able to gain ground and rise up.  Often swallowing the more "reasonable middle-grounded majority."  If in nothing else volume over substance.

I'm rather surprised no one from the US has done the like.  We have the Westboro Baptists, sure, but they're not targeting OWS...yet.  I'd be very shocked if folks like those who hang out on sites like Stormfront don't get a semi-wood contemplating aping the EDL's antics.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Jenne on November 16, 2011, 03:57:42 PM
This, unfortunately, seems an opportune time for extremists to rise up.  From all sides.  Times of economic hardship are often historically the periods in which the most extreme factions of any side of any issue are able to gain ground and rise up.  Often swallowing the more "reasonable middle-grounded majority."  If in nothing else volume over substance.

I'm rather surprised no one from the US has done the like.  We have the Westboro Baptists, sure, but they're not targeting OWS...yet.  I'd be very shocked if folks like those who hang out on sites like Stormfront don't get a semi-wood contemplating aping the EDL's antics.

WBC are pacifists, which means their dynamic is fundamentally different than it would be for a violent group like the EDL.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

This is the first time I've noticed this thread.

Basically, the EDL is a slightly more ballsy version of the teabaggers, from what I can tell.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trippinprincezz13

Whether or not this particular incident is/was all hot air/publicity stunt/whathaveyou by the EDL, when does it get to the point that a group is considered a terroristic threat (other than when it's convenient to label a group as such to further one's political agenda)? By all means, I do think stupid people should be allowed be say stupid things and I certainly don't want any sort of blanket labeling or thought crime arrests (they may be getting ready to do something bad).

But with the rise of extremist groups, which do seem to have threatening/violent goals/ideals, when is the time to step in? It's a tricky spot, it seems. Some groups may be just blowing hot air (stupid people saying stupid things) and I don't think that should be an excuse for police intervention. But when does hate speech turn to inciting a riot/violence/terrorist act? Was someone acting as a "lone wolf", as a member of a group or influenced by their rhetoric? Or, in the interest of preserving people's freedom to say what they want, the only thing that can be done is wait until something happens and then deal with the person/group accordingly?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 05:32:52 PM

Basically, the EDL is a slightly more ballsy version of the teabaggers, from what I can tell.

That's what I was thinking.  I'm betting Tea Baggers countrywide are wishing they'd have the balls to do initiate something like that on the OWS groups.  You gotta know they're cheering in their barcaloungers when they see footage of the police beating the demonstrators back.

Jenne

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on November 16, 2011, 06:16:50 PM
Whether or not this particular incident is/was all hot air/publicity stunt/whathaveyou by the EDL, when does it get to the point that a group is considered a terroristic threat (other than when it's convenient to label a group as such to further one's political agenda)? By all means, I do think stupid people should be allowed be say stupid things and I certainly don't want any sort of blanket labeling or thought crime arrests (they may be getting ready to do something bad).

But with the rise of extremist groups, which do seem to have threatening/violent goals/ideals, when is the time to step in? It's a tricky spot, it seems. Some groups may be just blowing hot air (stupid people saying stupid things) and I don't think that should be an excuse for police intervention. But when does hate speech turn to inciting a riot/violence/terrorist act? Was someone acting as a "lone wolf", as a member of a group or influenced by their rhetoric? Or, in the interest of preserving people's freedom to say what they want, the only thing that can be done is wait until something happens and then deal with the person/group accordingly?

That's a fine line, trippin, I'm glad I don't have to tread or make decisions about.  There are laws, etc., to fall back on here, but really, it's a matter of degree and feasibility.  Making threas on Facefuck is just stupid, and may show that someone is unhinged since most everyone knows the FBI and CIA troll FB constantly looking for people to uh "investigate."

Be that as it may, it's one thing to be all "FUCK THIS GROUP" etc. and it's another to say "WE GOTS GUNS AND WE'SE GONNA USE EM!!"  One's just expressing hatred, the other is threatening violence outright, and should be taken seriously if the folks are organized and have struck already against the group they are expressing that hatred towards.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Jenne on November 16, 2011, 06:56:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2011, 05:32:52 PM

That's what I was thinking.  I'm betting Tea Baggers countrywide are wishing they'd have the balls to do initiate something like that on the OWS groups.  You gotta know they're cheering in their barcaloungers when they see footage of the police beating the demonstrators back.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2806271/posts

QuoteIf the EDL ever do go violent I will not blame them...

QuoteWho could? How long can one idly watch the destruction of their own culture and country?

QuoteOf course, the Police didn't have the BALLS to arrest the muslim scum.

Quote"...so what is the EDL's problem?. Answer: they are thugs spoiling for a fight."

EDL's "problem" is that they still have testicles in a country of Eunuchs.

And of course,

QuoteWe did save you. If it weren't for the thousands of American Merchant Marine who were willing to give their lives to supply your island England would have fallen in less than a year.

And you know it.

Obligatory^