News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

PETA is a little late to the game.

Started by AFK, November 15, 2011, 05:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/14/8802690-peta-attacks-nintendo-over-fur-wearing-mario

Okay, I can't actually read the article because it's blocked but I'm assuming by the headline (PETA attacks Nintendo over fur wearing Mario) it is full of fail.

Did they miss the whole bit where he's been kicking the shit out of turtles for the past couple of decades? 

I mean, you don't see me going after Mario for condoning eating magic mushrooms. 

Why?

Because it's a fucking video game.  If kids decide they should replicate a video game in real life, there are some very troubling issues lying much deeper. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

wow.

And yeah, they're doing this in time with a newly released game, but you pretty much have it pegged.

QuoteYou see, Nintendo has just launched its highly anticipated game "Super Mario 3D Land." The game — which you play on Nintendo's new handheld 3DS game machine — features the famed plumber Mario making his way through a cartoon land filled with cranky mushrooms, man-eating plants and nefarious turtle creatures. On occasion, the mustachioed plumber dons a furry raccoon-like "Tanooki suit" which lets him float in the air and swat this colorful host of bad guys with a tail.

PETA, however, thinks Mario's fur-wearing ways are offensive and has — just in time for the launch of "Super Mario 3D Land" — launched its own campaign pegging Mario as a killer of innocent animals.

To be clear, the E-rated "Super Mario 3D Land" never suggests that Mario slaughtered an animal for its fur. In fact, the magical Tanooki suits that he wears in the game typically spring from magical squares that magically hover in the air. These squares magically give up the suits (which at first look like magical leaves) when Mario bumps his head into them.

But according to PETA's new "Mario Kills Tanooki" website, in real life, tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur. By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur."

AFK

You know, that's a good question.  How the fuck does PETA know that it is intended to be fur from a real animal, as opposed to a magical costume? 

Oh, no PETA, you're right.  In this game of flying turtles, mushrooms with eyes, block bricks hanging in the air, yep THIS is the one place that Nintendo intended the gamer to take the game literally. 

:facepalm: 

Payne

I say fuck Mario, and his fur suit.

He isn't even a good plumber anyway.

SHIT ON THAT GUY

AFK

I dunno, anyone who likes to hang around with sentient mushrooms must be a fungi.

:rimshot:

BabylonHoruv

I think the idea of a game in which you play a freshly skinned Tanooki chasing Mario down to reclaim it's fur is kind of awesome. 
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Telarus

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on November 15, 2011, 06:32:37 PM
I think the idea of a game in which you play a freshly skinned Tanooki chasing Mario down to reclaim it's fur is kind of awesome. 

Like everything 'Tanuki'... the Tanuki Suit is make from Tanuki Scrotum Skin.

:lulz:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

We must save imaginary animals from symbolic violence!

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the imaginary animals!
                                    \

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Peta is just a media whore which doesn't get enough attention, so they have to come up with some way to make people look at them.

If I was World Empress I would have every member of Peta flogged to death.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

NO WAIT

I would force them to eat nothing but kitten meat until they died of malnutrition! It would be glorious!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on November 15, 2011, 11:49:37 PM
NO WAIT

I would force them to eat nothing but kitten meat until they died of malnutrition! It would be glorious!

Kitten meat?   :aww:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on November 16, 2011, 12:01:07 AM
NO WAIT

There are way too many kittens.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh wait, I'm sorry, did I reveal that I am a bad man?

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 12:07:08 AM
Oh wait, I'm sorry, did I reveal that I am a bad man?

Your evil was showing, yes.

Hanging right out, there.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on November 16, 2011, 12:06:42 AM
Quote from: Luna on November 16, 2011, 12:01:07 AM
NO WAIT

There are way too many kittens.

There are, indeed, too many fucking kittens. Spreadin' their rabies and FIV to housepets and shit.

I, for one, applaud the World Empress's grand effort to kill two birds with one nuke.