News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

LOUD

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 26, 2012, 04:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I was born in a house that had the volume always up to "earsplitting".  Everyone yelled, even - especially - when they weren't mad about anything.  It was LOUD.  Mom, dad, three of us kids, dogs, cats, friends over, parties, music, everything.  No television, though, unless something important or at least very cool was on.

I took from this an aggressive attitude toward life.  Yell a lot, stomp around, and if something is new, JAM YOUR HEAD INSIDE TO SEE HOW IT WORKS.  I'm uncertain how I lived past 14 years old.  Doing things quietly is totally alien to me.  This rubs a lot of people the wrong way, I realize.  Leln, for example, spent a good chunk of the time in Boston looking quietly amused at my behavior.  I am comfortable with this; I don't really worry if people think I'm a loudmouth or a dumbfuck or whatever.

The reason I don't worry is that I am happy with my outlook on life.  Live life loud, love like you mean it, grant an intensity to everything that occasionally lands me in the hospital hooked up to the stress-test drugs & machines, etc.  I love a good brawl, but only if everyone involved wants to scrap.

I am positive that the quiet type of person can love life & other people just as much as I do (in fact, they can probably love more individuals than I can at any one time)...But I couldn't do it that way.  It's just not my nature.

There's really no point to this, other than to explain my position to people who have recently PM'd me, asking what the hell is wrong with me.  Nothing is wrong with me.  Nothing bothers me, I bother IT. 

This was just a thing I was explaining, so shut up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 04:49:24 PM
I was born in a house that had the volume always up to "earsplitting".  Everyone yelled, even - especially - when they weren't mad about anything.  It was LOUD.  Mom, dad, three of us kids, dogs, cats, friends over, parties, music, everything.  No television, though, unless something important or at least very cool was on.

I took from this an aggressive attitude toward life.  Yell a lot, stomp around, and if something is new, JAM YOUR HEAD INSIDE TO SEE HOW IT WORKS.  I'm uncertain how I lived past 14 years old.  Doing things quietly is totally alien to me.  This rubs a lot of people the wrong way, I realize.  Leln, for example, spent a good chunk of the time in Boston looking quietly amused at my behavior.  I am comfortable with this; I don't really worry if people think I'm a loudmouth or a dumbfuck or whatever.

The reason I don't worry is that I am happy with my outlook on life.  Live life loud, love like you mean it, grant an intensity to everything that occasionally lands me in the hospital hooked up to the stress-test drugs & machines, etc.  I love a good brawl, but only if everyone involved wants to scrap.

I am positive that the quiet type of person can love life & other people just as much as I do (in fact, they can probably love more individuals than I can at any one time)...But I couldn't do it that way.  It's just not my nature.

There's really no point to this, other than to explain my position to people who have recently PM'd me, asking what the hell is wrong with me.  Nothing is wrong with me.  Nothing bothers me, I bother IT. 

This was just a thing I was explaining, so shut up.

I think i may have a hearing problem due to all the earsplitting shit i have to put up with.

Salty

How can people send you PMs like that? Why/how?

I get this loudness. One of the reasons the ex did not like being around me is because, well, sometimes I get a little agitated. Every now and again I can get a little yelly.

Usually that is the BRIGHT and HOLY LIGHT of PROPHECY shining through my body. And some people can't handle that. It's not my fault holy is so loud.

Sir Bearington:
:stfu1:

Just an observation here: nobody cares.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on July 26, 2012, 04:55:47 PM

Dude, you have NO IDEA about what kind of PMs I get.  I post anon responses when I get 10 funny ones, but although I'm sitting on about 15 of them right now, 7 are repeats.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I get this loudness. One of the reasons the ex did not like being around me is because, well, sometimes I get a little agitated. Every now and again I can get a little yelly.

When people went quiet in our house, it meant something bad happened.  Same with my household now.  Keeling and I are always bellowing at each other.

So I associate "quiet" with "the sort of trouble I can't solve with head-butting".

Sir Bearington

Usually that is the BRIGHT and HOLY LIGHT of PROPHECY shining through my body. And some people can't handle that. It's not my fault holy is so loud.

Sir Bearington:

Now, now, thats not a very uplifting or bright attitude to take against anybody is it? But i do geniunely think i have a hearing problem doubled up with the fact that i have a natural hearing sensitivity.

The Good Reverend Roger

Thread is now about the noob.  That's okay, I already said what I had to say.

LMNO

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 04:59:02 PM

When people went quiet in our house, it meant something bad happened.  Same with my household now.  Keeling and I are always bellowing at each other.

So I associate "quiet" with "the sort of trouble I can't solve with head-butting".

I grew up in the opposite setting.  It was always quiet.  Hell, after dinner we would all gather in the living room and read books together.  Not the same book, mind you.  We would all sit in the living room, reading our own books, to ourselves.  Occasionally, dad would put on some Bach, or Mozart.

Mrs LMNO, who came from a TV family, kind of freaked out the first time she experienced that.  She calls it "social reading".

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 05:01:06 PM
Thread is now about the noob.  That's okay, I already said what I had to say.

No, no carry on with your original thread topic, i insist good sir.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 26, 2012, 05:01:58 PM

I grew up in the opposite setting.  It was always quiet.  Hell, after dinner we would all gather in the living room and read books together.  Not the same book, mind you.  We would all sit in the living room, reading our own books, to ourselves.  Occasionally, dad would put on some Bach, or Mozart.

Mrs LMNO, who came from a TV family, kind of freaked out the first time she experienced that.  She calls it "social reading".

We read voraciously.  But we even do that loudly.  You can tell when someone's reading Terry Pratchett, for example, by the braying laughter.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 05:03:19 PM

We read voraciously.  But we even do that loudly.  You can tell when someone's reading Terry Pratchett, for example, by the braying laughter.

I'd hate to be in your house.

I dislike loud noises.

Freeky

Sir Bearington:

I can attest that Shouting Alty = Holy Alty. :aaa:

Luna

Dad and I would do that, while Mom and little brother watched TV.

Nobody yelled at my house.  I honestly can't recall my parents ever yelling.  It left me somewhat handicapped when dealing with arguments later in life.

I'm getting better.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Luna on July 26, 2012, 07:12:53 PM

Dad and I would do that, while Mom and little brother watched TV.

Nobody yelled at my house.  I honestly can't recall my parents ever yelling.  It left me somewhat handicapped when dealing with arguments later in life.

I'm getting better.

I'm envious of your silence, noise has given me nothing but trouble.

Suu

My immediate family is known affectionately by our extended family and friends as, "THE LOUD FAMILY."

Anyone who has ever met me in person, or has had the pleasure of dealing with me, as well as at least one other immediate family member in the same room knows this. My inside voice can carry though an auditorium without a mic. I just naturally project from years of dealing with verbal "can you top this" at dinner time while having a normal conversation with the parents. We have rendered friends near deaf.

The parentals, being apart of the generation that were known for turning radios on 11 first, didn't help by blasting whatever the flavor of the dial brought. When your own mother calls you a pussy for wanting ear plugs at a rock show, you know you'll be deaf by the time you're 40.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."