News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

What's REALLY offensive.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 21, 2012, 02:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: v3x on August 21, 2012, 07:10:26 AM
Quote from: Nephew Hiroshima on August 21, 2012, 07:07:08 AM
OK

This is the only time that TWID is going to complain about TWID's nameless band whose name we all know the name of.

Now. 4/5 us have been in a previous band. 3/5 of us have cut it real goddamn close.

I as 1/5 should have been louder. I should have said. No. Do not book the show until we are done.

But no.

Just no.

My other guitarist is my best friend. I can't say, "DON'T FUCKING BOOK A SHOW YET WE DON'T HAVE ANYTHING DONE!!!!"

Well, we now have everything done. On Monday. When it's due Friday. With shipping and handling.

And how is this Canada's fault?

Yeah, you know what, there's already a thread for that.

Sorry for getting off topic, Vex.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am sitting here listening to a medley my daughter is listening to, and realizing that I am old and irrelevant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, that anything we've been talking about is totally stupid, because we're old and the kids are making fun of us. Just saying.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've never been so glad to be irrelevant.

Nephew Twiddleton

Nothing is old or stupid. Especially your moment. You know what my moment was?  Stairway to heaven came on. My mother and i reached for the volume knob at the same time had a laugh and she said i didnt know you liked zeppelin. My response was how could i not?

Nephew Twiddleton

More importantly to better understand metal i have to reach back. If i want to be a headbanger i have to be a bluesman first.

Nephew Twiddleton

I think that may be the difference. You can do your thing and your parents will be proud of your rock and roll. And will not be ashamed that you cant be rebellious. Brb

Nephew Twiddleton

Internet is back.

Now, the Stairway moment was weird enough but not unexpected.

What was unexpected was this:

The man who would eventually become my stepfather, I drove to my mom's place so they could eh... relations.

Now.

I used to try to torture him, because he was fucking my mom,  and yet was cooler than my dad, with my music.

Lo and behold, it turns out that my mother's husband has the exact same musical tastes as me.

And this is the song that a 40 something at the time and I bonded over. His reaction: Drummer is excellent

Side note, when Anarchangel released our demo, he cranked it.

Yes. My mother's husband made my hungover ass's head feel miserable WITH SOMETHING WROTE.

But this is the song we bonded over, driving through the Arboretum:

Also, this album is totally awesome riding the Irish Sea to Britain, and taking the train from Wales to England:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYh2kz00m9c

Funny thing is, is that my step father, is the closest I feel too. More than my mother. more than my siblings. More than my mother's family.

Seriously. I talk to him more than I do my mother.

Hell, LMNO met the guy.

Nephew Twiddleton

It's my girlfriend and my stepfather.

That's my family.

Is that weird?

Is it weird that I have to be simultaneously ashamed of my family and inordinately proud of my heritage?

I mean fuck, mom's back in rehab. And it was my birthday that.... kinda highlighted it.

I mean, I'm a fucking lush but...

I don't want to be prouder of my father than my mother.

And there it is.

And I feel like a traitor for loving my stepfather.

I'm probably going to fuck off for a couple of days.

Cain

OK.  But what does that have to do with Canada?

The "maple syrup diet" was almost certainly invented in Canada, which is proof enough that it is a blight on the world.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on August 21, 2012, 08:48:22 AM
OK.  But what does that have to do with Canada?

The "maple syrup diet" was almost certainly invented in Canada, which is proof enough that it is a blight on the world.

I'ma call shenanigans on that one. A maple syrup diet:lulz: Next I suspect you'll say something completely outrageous, like Canada was a major force in WWII

Cain

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/bride-went-on-maple-syrup-diet-941422

QuoteSpooning two tablespoons of golden maple syrup into a cup of hot water, Shanice Zakuani stirred the gooey mixture before gulping it down.

Ignoring the rumbling of her stomach, she guzzled down another cup of the sugary drink to curb the hunger pangs stabbing through her body.

Then she slammed the cup down on the side and rushed out of the kitchen before she caved in and reached for the nearest chocolate bar.

By now Shanice, 22, a mum-of-two, from Peterborough, hadn't eaten solid food for four days and her mood swings had become uncontrollable.

But she was convinced it would be worth the sacrifice to achieve the perfect figure.

Looking down at the sparkling ­engagement ring on her finger, she reminded herself why she was punishing her body like this.

She was following the gruelling Maple Syrup Diet to drop from a size 14 to a size 10 in just weeks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-452342/Lose-weight-drinking-maple-syrup-Well-worked-Beyonce-Ill-try.html

QuoteLet's get one thing straight: I don't like crash diets. I write about health and fitness for a living, and I know that in the long term they don't work. I know that the only way to look good is to eat well and exercise all year round.

But my principles are challenged when I try on my bikini in preparation for my upcoming holiday. My stomach looks bloated and I want to feel fabulous, not fat, on the beach.

But I have only one week before I fly. So I need a high-speed weight-loss programme.

And that's why I am trying the Maple Syrup diet -the near-starvation regime that helped pop star Beyonce lose a stone in just two weeks for her movie, Dreamgirls.

Beyonce's diet apparently consisted of eating nothing for a fortnight, surviving instead on detox drinks consisting of a syrup mixed with lemon juice, water and cayenne pepper.

That's cayenne pepper from the Northern coast of India, naturally.

Freeky

Christ. :lulz: :whack: :punchballs: 

I hadn't heard about it, and I was hoping you were kidding, but I believed it before you posted that. :lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on August 21, 2012, 08:57:08 AM

That's cayenne pepper from the Northern coast of India, naturally.

Also I hope this never gets old. :lulz:

Cain

It essentialy works by reducing your calorie intake from the recommended 2000 a day to 60 a day.  Naturally, this is extremely fucking dangerous and not at all a good idea, though it will actually work, unlike a number of fad diets.  It's just not in any way sustainable.

Much like Canada.