News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

People are going nuts about fluoride

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, September 14, 2012, 05:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 14, 2012, 06:32:50 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 14, 2012, 06:26:06 PM

I've read that it stays in your body, though. That's how it works, isn't it? It stays in your bones and teeth, at least.

No, that's calcium.

How does it do anything for your teeth, then?

*confuuuuused...*
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 14, 2012, 06:36:21 PM

I've read that it stays in your body, though. That's how it works, isn't it? It stays in your bones and teeth, at least.

No, that's calcium.

*confuuuuused...*

It goes near your teeth as you're drinking, shouts "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, TEETH!" as it passes by, and encourages your teeth to be strong.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: v3x on September 14, 2012, 06:40:24 PM

No, that's calcium.

*confuuuuused...*

It goes near your teeth as you're drinking, shouts "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, TEETH!" as it passes by, and encourages your teeth to be strong.

That must be why they put it in toothpaste.

SPIT OR SWALLOW, THE ETERNAL CONTROVERSY

hooplala

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 14, 2012, 06:45:08 PM

No, that's calcium.

*confuuuuused...*

Swallowing toothpaste over an extended period of time will cause little white spots to form on your teeth.  If that's the look you're going for, though...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 14, 2012, 06:50:35 PM

No, that's calcium.

*confuuuuused...*

Swallowing toothpaste over an extended period of time will cause little white spots to form on your teeth.  If that's the look you're going for, though...

Toothpaste is also full of alumina.  No shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 14, 2012, 06:52:41 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 14, 2012, 06:50:35 PM

No, that's calcium.

*confuuuuused...*

Toothpaste is also full of alumina.  No shit.

I was going for a blowjob joke. More coffee... :rimshot:

The story is that fluoride is toxic waste from aluminum manufacturing, and it would have been really expensive to dispose of, so somebody said "LET'S PUT IT IN WATER AND TOOTHPASTE - FOR THE CHILLERIN"

In 1974.

Possible, but wouldn't we have progressed to plutonium by now?

The Good Reverend Roger

Something else occurs to me...(nano-rant follows):

Really Portland?  REALLY?  The "city of the weird", and the BEST you can do is some rehashed Bircher shit?  FUCK YOU, PORTLAND, YOU'VE LET ME DOWN FOR THE LAST TIME.  We're cutting off all trade.  No more un-rusted 80s bikes for YOU, fuckers!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 14, 2012, 07:08:42 PM

Really Portland?  REALLY?  The "city of the weird", and the BEST you can do is some rehashed Bircher shit?  FUCK YOU, PORTLAND, YOU'VE LET ME DOWN FOR THE LAST TIME.  We're cutting off all trade.  No more un-rusted 80s bikes for YOU, fuckers!

It's occurred to me that what we might be seeing now with all these fluoride protests, is the logical consequence of decades of malnourished vegan brains.

People thought it was cute when everybody went vegan, got fluorescent hair, tattoos, and started the annual naked bike rides in the nineties. Harmless self-expression they said. Then, in the 00's they started welding bike frames together until they were two stories tall and riding them in traffic, putting bacon on their doughnuts, and lodging giant rings in their earlobes—ah, what amusing charms of Portland we all thought.

Now it's a Dr. Strangelove routine that they don't even know they're doing.

:crankey:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on September 14, 2012, 07:34:25 PM

It's occurred to me that what we might be seeing now with all these fluoride protests, is the logical consequence of decades of malnourished vegan brains.

People thought it was cute when everybody went vegan, got fluorescent hair, tattoos, and started the annual naked bike rides in the nineties. Harmless self-expression they said. Then, in the 00's they started welding bike frames together until they were two stories tall and riding them in traffic, putting bacon on their doughnuts, and lodging giant rings in their earlobes—ah, what amusing charms of Portland we all thought.

I just screen capped this post and printed it off on the color printer.  It is going on my office wall, next to the 3' X 5' psycho Squiddy pic.

hooplala

There's a movie in there somewhere.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 14, 2012, 07:43:48 PM

I just screen capped this post and printed it off on the color printer.  It is going on my office wall, next to the 3' X 5' psycho Squiddy pic.

Whoa, I'm honored.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on September 14, 2012, 08:44:53 PM
Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 14, 2012, 07:43:48 PM

Whoa, I'm honored.

Any time you get put up next to Squiddy is an honor, yes.

She's one of my heroes.  Because she eats people that annoy her.

East Coast Hustle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't fluoridated drinking water essentially been subjected to the largest clinical trial in history? And if it's so bad for you at the dosage level in tap water, and if we've been adding it in the US since the 40s...

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING FLUORIDE ZOMBIES?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cuddlefish

To me, the fluoride issue is about informed consent, and treating people without individual consideration (there's a better term for this, but I'm not a doctor...). Sure, fluoride may be harmless, but different people, different physiology... Just seems a little heavy handed to me, one way or another.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

East Coast Hustle

Show me any evidence that anyone's physiology involves fluoride being bad for them at the amount they receive from drinking tap water. Otherwise, that's a pretty meaningless argument that can be applied to literally anything.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"