The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 01, 2013, 03:48:26 PM
Quote from: CHUMP on January 01, 2013, 03:22:21 PM
Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 01, 2013, 01:58:58 PM
Quote from: CHUMP on December 31, 2012, 08:46:20 PM
I don't think the problem is with any users here, though...I think what happened was that the great exodus to Facebook brought us below some sort of threshhold beneath which conversations just don't have enough steam to continue.

Which is just another reason to hate the FB Discordians.

TBH I'm on fecesbook quite a bit, but I tend to make money there. fb "discordianism" is mostly people posting Bob pics and not really "discordianism" at all, IMHO.

What is the Law?

The Law is that we don't vent on the venting thread.  That's only for real people.  Which we aren't.

We're redheaded stepkids AGAIN? What did I miss?

http://176.9.64.103/principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,33797.msg1233939.html#msg1233939

We're a "waste of her time" if we vent in the venting thread.  Hardly real people at all, you see.  It's an Island of Doctor Moreau thing.  The punishment for venting in the vent thread is you get one of your other threads destroyed.

WHAT IS THE LAW?

The law is we shut up and wait for the wisdom of our betters
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Mybad for derailing that with Loofa-peeing too.  Apparently the idea of 1 - shower urination, and 2 - aiming for bizzare cleaning apparatus that look like Bea's calcifies colon was too bizzare for everyone to pass up.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Richter

Venting - I seem to have either lost the plot for this joint, or I'm taking the posting decrease too personal.  Instead of asking you fuckers to reassure my insecure fragile self, I am just going to add content and air different ideas until a response is provoked or I am told to stop and go away.  This will not be done in a way that violates forum rules.  No... that would be too easy.  The discomfort must be more subtle...
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: CHUMP on January 01, 2013, 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 01, 2013, 03:48:26 PM
Quote from: CHUMP on January 01, 2013, 03:22:21 PM
Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 01, 2013, 01:58:58 PM
Quote from: CHUMP on December 31, 2012, 08:46:20 PM
I don't think the problem is with any users here, though...I think what happened was that the great exodus to Facebook brought us below some sort of threshhold beneath which conversations just don't have enough steam to continue.

Which is just another reason to hate the FB Discordians.

TBH I'm on fecesbook quite a bit, but I tend to make money there. fb "discordianism" is mostly people posting Bob pics and not really "discordianism" at all, IMHO.

What is the Law?

The Law is that we don't vent on the venting thread.  That's only for real people.  Which we aren't.

We're redheaded stepkids AGAIN? What did I miss?

http://176.9.64.103/principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,33797.msg1233939.html#msg1233939

We're a "waste of her time" if we vent in the venting thread.  Hardly real people at all, you see.  It's an Island of Doctor Moreau thing.  The punishment for venting in the vent thread is you get one of your other threads destroyed.

WHAT IS THE LAW?

The law is we shut up and wait for the wisdom of our betters

Island of Doctor Moreau?

Now I'm Orphan Annie with a tail.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

I am still waiting on one. last. grade. FFS. it's been almost two weeks.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Juana Go? on January 02, 2013, 09:30:38 AM
I am still waiting on one. last. grade. FFS. it's been almost two weeks.

I wonder what would happen if you paid your tuition 2 weeks late?  :lol:

I am thinking the university would have a slightly different standard.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Gonna do some jabbering after the morning meeting today.  Not much, because I have actual work to do today ( :crankey: ), but I want to try finishing Anachronisms, and maybe Drinking With Jesus, part V.

Cain

From personal experience...the day my bank didn't authorise a payment for a couple of hundred pounds (they didn't activate my overdraft, like I asked them to), I took a call from the Dean of Financial Services.  I'd had an appointment made for me and all my classes for that time frame cancelled.

Admittedly, my Uni's financial services was the academic equivalent of Murder Inc.  It's where they sent all the thugs who don't mind doing the nasty shit.  When I was unemployed, in 2008, I had six months to pay up £1225, or they would send the bailiffs around.

Nephew Twiddleton

Heard a bit from twidsister. Aunt maura and uncle willie died shortly after grandma the dog died last week and dads insanity is more obvious. Poor kid. Poor grandpa.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on January 02, 2013, 04:11:30 PM
Heard a bit from twidsister. Aunt maura and uncle willie died shortly after grandma the dog died last week and dads insanity is more obvious. Poor kid. Poor grandpa.

:sad:

Nephew Twiddleton

Maura and willie arent terribly surprising. Maura was born during world war i and willie presumably gave up on living after grandma died- said "let me die too then" when he heard the news. I dont like hearing that dads still nuts though. I mean- i didnt expect anything different but it would be nice to be wrong in that case.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

For the last day or two, I've been experiencing a clarity of thought that is kind of hard to describe.  It's like this:  I can't breathe.  There's no fucking air, it's all leaked out into space or some shit.  Everything in my head is quiet and still, and the screeching of the yahoos cannot touch me.  The closest analogy I can make is the way things go quiet in wartime.  Louder than hell, but QUIET.  Nothing focuses the mind like the immediate threat of death, and having no breathable atmosphere certainly qualifies.

LMNO

Everything ok with you medically?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division