News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 14, 2013, 05:23:34 PM
For 15 years I've had the kind of insomnia that won't let you get to sleep. For months at a time I have laid in bed until 4am, unable to get REM. This results in me being a somewhat angry person.

Now, ALL OF A SUDDEN, I have the kind of insomnia where I snap awake at 4am unable to get back to sleep.

WTH?

WELCOME TO MY WORLD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2013, 07:43:15 PM
NO.  YOU CANNOT MAKE MORE AMPS AVAILABLE IN THE MCC BY JUST WANTING IT.

ELECTRICITY AND THE LAWS OF PHYSICS DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK IS "REASONABLE".

EVERYONE DIE NOW, PLEASE.  KTHXBAI.

TGRR,
Grinding his teeth to stumps, and throwing shit at the phone.

Quote from: Pæs on January 14, 2013, 08:26:10 PM
"Don't know why nobody has been able to figure out why your phone line is crackling and your internet is dropping all day long. I checked your line at the exchange today and it was the only one not soldered to it, being just kind of loosely wrapped around the contact instead. The sound you were hearing was the hardcore arcing that was going on in there."

OH. ONLY NOW DOES SOMEONE THINK TO CHECK THAT?

Quote from: Juana Go? on January 14, 2013, 10:54:18 PM
Well fuck me. I was told the job I applied for was a tutoring position, for which I am extremely well qualified. Qualified enough that even though I hadn't formally applied yet, I got a call back for an interview like half an hour ago.

And then the lady called me back again to ask for my teaching credential because it's an actual teaching position, not a tutoring gig. And I don't have a credential. So, yeah, no interview.

More proof of Roger's Malicious God theory.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Salty

If you want more proof: its been raining here nonstop, its 50 motherfucking GOD DAMNED SHIT BEARDED CHRISTING DEGREES IN ALASKA.

IN JANUARY.

You are all going to fry.

Also, I'm so glad that I'm not awake all by myself.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Juana

Nope. I get it, too. The combo a lot. :\

Also, what? Ew, Alty! That's not good. It's been normal temps for mid-January here, but your weather's got me concerned.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Suu

Quote from: Alty on January 15, 2013, 12:00:01 AM
If you want more proof: its been raining here nonstop, its 50 motherfucking GOD DAMNED SHIT BEARDED CHRISTING DEGREES IN ALASKA.

IN JANUARY.

You are all going to fry.

Also, I'm so glad that I'm not awake all by myself.

We're only 10 degrees warmer here in Providence, where it snowed almost a foot 2 weeks ago.

So glad climate change is a myth.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on January 15, 2013, 01:29:52 AM

WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT TAKING UNAUTHORIZED SPINS ON THE HOVERCRAFT?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Suu on January 15, 2013, 01:31:14 AM
Quote from: Richter on January 15, 2013, 01:29:52 AM

WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT TAKING UNAUTHORIZED SPINS ON THE HOVERCRAFT?!

I'M NOT DRIVING THAT POORLY CONCIEVED BLUMPKIN.

I JUST "BORROWED" THE STEERING RIG FOR THE "JOB LOT" HYDROFOIL DARE.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 14, 2013, 11:51:37 PM

TGRR,

"Don't know why nobody has been able to figure out why your phone line is crackling and your internet is dropping all day long. I checked your line at the exchange today and it was the only one not soldered to it, being just kind of loosely wrapped around the contact instead. The sound you were hearing was the hardcore arcing that was going on in there."

Well fuck me. I was told the job I applied for was a tutoring position, for which I am extremely well qualified. Qualified enough that even though I hadn't formally applied yet, I got a call back for an interview like half an hour ago.

And then the lady called me back again to ask for my teaching credential because it's an actual teaching position, not a tutoring gig. And I don't have a credential. So, yeah, no interview.

It's just the dad, though.  Jesus is this really nice guy, but he's sorta like General/President Grant.  He lets bad people speak for him.

Not that he has much choice, he's been particularly busy this year.  Bridges are full, jumpers are hitting dry land.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 15, 2013, 01:48:34 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 14, 2013, 11:51:37 PM

TGRR,

It's just the dad, though.  Jesus is this really nice guy, but he's sorta like General/President Grant.  He lets bad people speak for him.

Not that he has much choice, he's been particularly busy this year.  Bridges are full, jumpers are hitting dry land.

Sometimes the nicest people have asshole parents.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HEY SPEAKING OF WHICH!

EFO is now admitted to the high school she wanted to go to! We sat down with the principal and the counselor (there are only 80 kids there) and it went great. Even my ex was impressed with the school and the people there. And, she can test out of any subjects she's qualified to, with no penalty for failing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 15, 2013, 01:55:04 AM
HEY SPEAKING OF WHICH!

EFO is now admitted to the high school she wanted to go to! We sat down with the principal and the counselor (there are only 80 kids there) and it went great. Even my ex was impressed with the school and the people there. And, she can test out of any subjects she's qualified to, with no penalty for failing.

Sweet.  How's she feeling?  Better, I'm hoping.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 15, 2013, 01:56:03 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 15, 2013, 01:55:04 AM
HEY SPEAKING OF WHICH!

Sweet.  How's she feeling?  Better, I'm hoping.

Yeah, she is doing a lot better, and is happy that she doesn't have to go back to Grant. The new school is completely different, structured more like a college with a class schedule that starts at ten and go to seven. She's starting with five classes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sigh, time to go to the store and get some more shit done. Later, spags!