News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

The case against The Good Reverend

Started by Pæs, December 18, 2012, 03:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

East Coast Hustle

I missed this the first time around. this is glorious. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Today's to-do list:

1.  Broker the sale of the rights to The Diary of Anne Frank to Disney.
2.  Rip out the last page of Moby Dick from all copies at the library.
3.  Fake a fit at the movie theater during the climactic scene.
4.  Ask a WWII vet "whatcha done recently?"
5.  Buy milk.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 18, 2013, 03:56:50 PM
1.  Broker the sale of the rights to The Diary of Anne Frank to Disney.

The Gestapo would have their own song, see.  They'd sing about "Where is she, where is she?" while they rip up the floorboards.

Anne would have a talking mouse as a friend in her cubby hole.  The talking mouse, though, sneezes and gives away her hiding spot, then leads a madcap caste of characters to rescue her before she "goes up the stack". 

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, tell me that's not EXACTLY what Disney would do.

LMNO

Yeah.  And she wouldn't be Jewish, either.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2013, 04:31:31 PM
Yeah.  And she wouldn't be Jewish, either.

No, she would be Jewish.  Just with WASP features.  See Pocahontas or Ali Baba.  All the women always look like white teenage mall girls, with shaded skin.  All the men look like apes, except for the hero, who is either an SS recruiting poster boy, or a slim white boy with shaded skin.

She would probably open the movie with a song about "Why do they hate me because of my dreidle?"

LMNO

Can we give the mouse a song too, along the lines of "Yarmulke, Shmarmulke"?

The Good Reverend Roger

It could start with the pogrom reaching Disneytown.  Old Gepetto gets dragged off, the evil stepmother has to sew a Star of David on her dress, the 7 dwarves get liquidated, and Prince Charming is in a snappy black uniform, having seen the recruiting posters and the alternative.

The hunchback, well, less said the better.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2013, 04:37:39 PM
Can we give the mouse a song too, along the lines of "Yarmulke, Shmarmulke"?

Now you're talking.

Towards the end, the camp inmates could do a dance number.  Maybe to Shake These Bones by Malcolm Dalglish. 

The Good Reverend Roger

We're forgetting something Disney, dude.  Can't put my finger on it.

LMNO

Anne has a sassy, hands-on-hips speech in the SS officer's face about girl power, before being rescued by a dude?