News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Feds give presentation on hate speech in Manchester, TN, Heckled by angry mob

Started by Bruno, June 10, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

It all started when a county Comissioner posted a picture to his Facebook page with the caption "How to wink at a Muslim" showing a picture of a guy looking down the barrel of a gun.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/01/1206220/-HOW-TO-WINK-AT-A-MUSLIM

A few weeks later, the American Muslim Advisory Council invites some guys from the Federal government out to explain the First Amendment, and what constitutes protected and unprotected speech. The local racist newspaper got wind of this, and posted a page one article encouraging people to come out and let their voices be heard.

Well, they did. They packed the room, leaving a sizeable crowd still standing outside. They heckled the guy for about two hours, screaming about how the feds were trampling all over their free speech, or whatever. I still keep hearing people saying that he told people they could go to jail for making "disparaging remarks" about Islam. So far, all I have been able to find, is that he said that threats are not protected speech. As far as I can tell, it's still legal to say Mohammed, Jesus, Ganesha, and Buddah all suck donkey dicks, and Presbyterians all eat babies.

Here's an article with video of the angry mob heckling the speaker:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130605/NEWS21/306050155/Muslim-group-s-TN-forum-feds-disrupted-by-heckling

Apparently, Victoria Jackson was there. She lives somewhere around here now.
Formerly something else...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on June 10, 2013, 09:04:00 PM
Apparently she's a crazyface now...

She is COMPLETELY bonkers, in a way that Ann Coulter could never manage.

And I don't expect anything else from Tennessee.  Not a damn thing.  They have lived down to my low expectations, once again.
Molon Lube

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Love the guy in the background "did you come here to blow us up?" And all the other crazy shit. Very classy.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

That particular vintage of SNL gave us Dennis Miller, too. Not as bad as Victoria Jackson, but I still wonder what fucked those people up.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: stelz on June 10, 2013, 09:55:54 PM
That particular vintage of SNL gave us Dennis Miller, too. Not as bad as Victoria Jackson, but I still wonder what fucked those people up.

Washed up career + "controversy" = Pretend you're still a celeb.

Victoria Jackson has become the face of the po'bucker nation.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

QuoteProtester Larry McIntosh, 54, of Manchester, said he was skeptical of Killian and Moore.

"I feel like (these) men are attempting to intimidate people with the freedom of speech and that bothers me," he said. "I would like to say that Muslims have a right to live here and worship freely, but I do not think they have the right to change American law to fit Sharia law. Violence no matter where it comes from bothers me."

Former "Saturday Night Live" star Victoria Jackson was among the protesters.

"The Constitution and Sharia cannot coexist," she said. "Islam is evil."

Bolded part is particularly lulzy, and Victoria Jackson has apparently never read the 1st amendment in her entire stupid, overfed life.  But that's hardly a surprise.
Molon Lube

All sorts of wonderful sentiments were expressed in this open-minded communal forum. I'm so glad to see the community coming together on important issues.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2013, 10:11:51 PM
All sorts of wonderful sentiments were expressed in this open-minded communal forum. I'm so glad to see the community coming together on important issues.

I distinctly remember being told, on this very board, that the SE was just the same as the rest of the country, and that making fun of these morons was the same as making fun of Blacks, etc.

Well, I have to say that you'd never see any shit like this in Tucson or Chicago.
Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 10, 2013, 10:13:33 PM

I distinctly remember being told, on this very board, that the SE was just the same as the rest of the country, and that making fun of these morons was the same as making fun of Blacks, etc.

Well, I have to say that you'd never see any shit like this in Tucson or Chicago.

Who said that?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

Who said that?

Can't remember.  It was during the big privilege riot.

Thing is, I know that not all Southeasterners are po'buckers, and not all po'buckers are Southeasterners.   But I will say that the highest concentration of po'buckers are in Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 10, 2013, 10:23:00 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2013, 10:21:12 PM

Who said that?

Can't remember.  It was during the big privilege riot.

Thing is, I know that not all Southeasterners are po'buckers, and not all po'buckers are Southeasterners.   But I will say that the highest concentration of po'buckers are in Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

Yeeep. It's fucking scary here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, the issue was twofold: One, that there is a higher rate of racism (and of poverty) among Whites in the South, and two, that stereotyping Southerners is just as bigoted as stereotyping any other group.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 11, 2013, 04:24:55 AM

Actually, the issue was twofold: One, that there is a higher rate of racism (and of poverty) among Whites in the South, and two, that stereotyping Southerners is just as bigoted as stereotyping any other group.

I suppose that's correct.

Still.  Tennessee.

RECALCULATING...RECALCULATING...RECALCULATING...
Molon Lube