News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Sally Fourth

Started by AFK, July 03, 2013, 12:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think I'm going to take the kids down to the beach tonight to see if we can see the downtown fireworks from there.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Pretty much all the firework things have been canceled here because of storms. Which isn't stopping Georgians from setting off random fireworks and firing their guns into the air.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

I always get a kick out of Massachusetts during the 4th and New Years.

Connecticut: Fireworks are legal.
Rhode Island: Fireworks are legal.
Vermont: Fireworks are legal.
Maine: Fireworks are legal.
Texas North New Hampshire: Driving drunk, and putting South Carolina and the southern states to shame are 100% pure legal, unregulated, and untaxed. Live free or die, motherfuckers.
Massachusetts: NO FIREWORKS. NONE. ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY? PEOPLE DIE! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DRIVING TO ANOTHER FUCKING STATE, NO, WE'RE GOING TO STOP YOU AND FINE YOU ALL KINDS OF FUCKING MONEY, BECAUSE WE'RE THE FUCKING PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF TAXACHUSETTS AND NO. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO SHOOT ANY OFF, WE WILL FIND YOU AND THROW YOU IN JAIL, BECAUSE NO. GO TO FUCKING BOSTON TO WATCH FIREWORKS, YOU LOSERS. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING TO PROVIDENCE, BECAUSE WE WILL STOP YOU AT THE BORDER, JUST IN CASE.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Actually, they're not legal in Maine either (aside from sparklers and the like) unless they've changed the law in the last few years.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Airborne fireworks are illegal here without a permit, but everyone just drives to Washington to buy reservation fireworks.

Honestly, fireworks are pretty much totally stupid. Let's shoot fire into the air in the summer so that it will land all over some dry flammable stuff! Oh shit, everything's on fire! Why did that happen?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Since I live in a special neighborhood the fireworks started last night until 4am and will continue on for about a week or whenever they run out.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

I thought they were? I know airborne fireworks aren't permitted in CT and RI (loloops....) I know NH and VT are like, "WHAT LAWS?!" Sorry to hear that Maine is a shithead. At least not as shitty as Mass.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Alty on July 04, 2013, 10:14:06 PM
Since I live in a special neighborhood the fireworks started last night until 4am and will continue on for about a week or whenever they run out.

We have people in my neighborhood that will drive to New Hampshire, risk getting pulled over in Massachusetts, just to bring the mortars back to RI. A lot of them will drive to South Carolina, because most of the Eastern Seaboard has a ban. We just happened to stop at South of the Border, twice, during the winter during our roadtrip, so naturally we had to stock up. Screamers attract attention though, so we need to be careful. Hopefully the cops will just be paying attention to the idiots with the mortars and not our rockets. We have some BIG MOFO rockets.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Tents selling fireworks pop up all over the place around here. Nothing too serious, *wink*, when the cops are around, but as soon as they go away, the big guns come out from under wraps and then cray-cray happens from Jul 3rd until Aug 3rd or until one two many people blow their faces off.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Left

Quote from: My Other Username Is A Pseudonym on July 03, 2013, 01:17:11 PM
I will set off ALL of the roman candles and purposefully ALL of the potato salads.

Please videorecord and post to youtube.

....Because America.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

McGrupp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah. Portland is obsessed with fireworks, and they're ceaseless. It's kind of awful. They sort of gradually ramp up starting a couple weeks before the 4th and then gradually taper off again.

Then there are all the other holidays where for some reason there are fireworks. Why. Just why.

Salty

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 04, 2013, 10:26:14 PM

Yeah. Portland is obsessed with fireworks, and they're ceaseless. It's kind of awful. They sort of gradually ramp up starting a couple weeks before the 4th and then gradually taper off again.

Then there are all the other holidays where for some reason there are fireworks. Why. Just why.

To fuck with my precious cats! :argh!:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Our neighborhood is full of tiny fireworks for a couple weeks around the 4th. We give them about two weeks before calling the cops about it, because we're NICE massholes.

Freeky

Here, it is illegal to fire off any kind of firework, but not illegal to buy them.

I think you lot knew that, though, because we made the news with that gem.  "GOVMINT CAN'T INFRINGE ON PEOPLE BUYING FIREWORKS! TAKE THAT, CONGRESS!"