How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 05:10:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 05:03:40 PM
Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 05:02:22 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 05:00:29 PM
I do kind of hope he sticks around for another five years because the inevitable meltdown when his kids start smoking pot is going to be amazing.

Well, my son is only 3, so that seems pretty far-fetched.

The dead girl in the OP was only 2.

And apparently his daughter doesn't count, because, well, in RWHN's world females don't HAVE agency.

You said "kids start smoking".  I'm simply pointing out the stupidity of that.  I'm not very worried about my daughter.  She's a vert strong-minded young lady and is all about making safe and healthy choices.  She doesn't even drink soda.  She knows what I do for work and understands why I do it.  We talk and check-in a lot which automatically puts her in a good position. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Ben Shapiro

Child: Daddy you're hurting me
RWHN: I must kill you, or the marijuana will

*RWHN gets the key to city*

The Good Reverend Roger

He completely ignored the national stats I posted concerning foster-care abuse, including Maine's numbers.

There's a reason for that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 05:18:59 PM
He completely ignored the national stats I posted concerning foster-care abuse, including Maine's numbers.

It doesn't fit inside his prison, the cell is too small and the bars are too close together.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 05:18:23 PM
You said "kids start smoking".  I'm simply pointing out the stupidity of that.  I'm not very worried about my daughter.  She's a vert strong-minded young lady and is all about making safe and healthy choices.  She doesn't even drink soda.  She knows what I do for work and understands why I do it.  We talk and check-in a lot which automatically puts her in a good position.

When I was back up around Morenci, every single parent of a child busted for drugs said the same thing.

But your kids are DIFFERENT.

And the other side of that is, you don't mind seeing 2 year olds get murdered, because they aren't your own kids.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 05:20:22 PM

It doesn't fit inside his prison, the cell is too small and the bars are too close together.

Or he just doesn't care.  Which I think is far more likely.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Heavy Metal Jacket Wearing Bear With Mind Lasers on August 15, 2013, 05:18:30 PM
Child: Daddy you're hurting me
RWHN: I must kill you, or the marijuana will

*RWHN gets the key to city*

More like "We have to put you in this one-house rape/murder camp because your parents were BAD."

AFK

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 05:17:11 PM
So, I can't help thinking that since RWHN single-handedly, as he likes to tell us, gave pivotal testimony and engineered the campaign to keep marijuana from being legalized in Maine, from here on out every time a child is removed from parental custody on the basis of their marijuana use is a direct consequence of his actions. Every time each of those children is raped, molested, neglected, or killed in their foster home, the moral responsibility lies directly on his shoulders.

Bet he gets off on it.

Do you get off on all of the kids who's lives become irrevocably disrupted because of their drug addiction?  By your logic, YOU are morally responsible for that.  Which means you are responsible for high drop-out rates and lowered productivity.

AFK

Now who's lying? 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 05:22:23 PM
So, I can't help thinking that since RWHN single-handedly, as he likes to tell us, gave pivotal testimony and engineered the campaign to keep marijuana from being legalized in Maine, from here on out every time a child is removed from parental custody on the basis of their marijuana use is a direct consequence of his actions. Every time each of those children is raped, molested, neglected, or killed in their foster home, the moral responsibility lies directly on his shoulders.

Bet he gets off on it.

Do you get off on all of the kids who's lives become irrevocably disrupted because of their drug addiction?  By your logic, YOU are morally responsible for that.  Which means you are responsible for high drop-out rates and lowered productivity.

You kill kids.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 05:22:59 PM

Now who's lying?

I posted them.  You ignored them.  Liar.

McGrupp

Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 03:24:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 03:05:05 PM
Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: Aloha Ackbar on August 15, 2013, 03:05:01 AM

His kids would never drink his beer, Roger. It's all those other people's marijuana smoking that puts their kids at risk. Kids know not to drink beer or wine, or fucking 151. That weed though. No, they just can't resist that shit. If parents have weed around, those kids will smoke it down to every last roach.

My daughter won't even drink soda, in fact, other than a few sips when she was really young, she's never had soda.  But I also closely monitor what goes on in my home.  I rarely have beer in the house when the kids are home with me, but I also know my daughter, who is only 9, knows better.  She knows alcohol is not for kids and is only an adult thing,  She also knows the harm it causes. 

But the thing is, there are many, many parents who aren't as diligent and on top of things as I am.  It's a pretty commonly accepted fact that kids will experiment with what is most easily obtainable.  It's why Rx abuse is a big issue because they don't need to go to a dealer on the street.  They just need to go into their bathroom, or maybe Mom's purse.  Same with any unsecured alcohol in the home and it certainly would be the same with legal marijuana.  It's already the case with "legal" [size=78%]medical marijuana.  There is no denying this.[/size]

Yes, I see.  Special pleading.  YOUR kids won't be affected by the accessabilty of alcohol, it's all those OTHER kids who are affected by accessability of any given substance.  And since not all parents are such paragons of virtue, bad things will happen.

Got it.

You hilarious hypocrite.

Bad things DO happen.  According to the CDC, the number one source of accidental poisonings of kids is prescription drugs, more than any other household poison or product.  Over 64% of teens who abuse prescription painkillers get them from someone they know, including parents and other adults, often by taking them without permission.  There is no legitimate reason to believe that legal marijuana could somehow be immune to this.

Be careful. You're coming dangerously close to actually supplying information. Whatever you do, don't give us a link so we can see where the numbers came from.

I have a hard time believing you're not just a troll. Also it's not actually trolling if people are having fun calling you an idiot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 05:20:56 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 05:20:22 PM

Or he just doesn't care.  Which I think is far more likely.

Yeah, well.

They're just the poor. They need to be taught a lesson or two, by people who know better.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 05:23:03 PM
Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 05:22:23 PM

Bet he gets off on it.

You kill kids.

I have never actively campaigned, let alone taken responsibility for, any laws either legalizing nor prohibiting marijuana.

RWHN takes credit for keeping marijuana criminal in Maine.

I think everyone but him can see the moral difference there.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 05:18:23 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 05:10:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 05:03:40 PM
Quote from: The End on August 15, 2013, 05:02:22 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 15, 2013, 05:00:29 PM
I do kind of hope he sticks around for another five years because the inevitable meltdown when his kids start smoking pot is going to be amazing.

Well, my son is only 3, so that seems pretty far-fetched.

The dead girl in the OP was only 2.

And apparently his daughter doesn't count, because, well, in RWHN's world females don't HAVE agency.

I know a lot of people who are way into health and won't touch soda.
Or alcohol.
Most of them do weed, though.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division