News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Studies find pedants are actually just better.

Started by Pæs, August 23, 2013, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/people-who-highlight-minor-grammar-points-are-amazing-2013082378916

THE ability to spot a minor grammar error is proof that you are amazing, it has been confirmed.

Researchers at the Institute for Studies found that people who loudly exclaim about apostrophes and 'who versus whom' are actually better than everyone else.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: "In no way are any of these people vain, arsey pedants.

"Grammar perfectionists are both intellectually and morally superior to other types of human.

"The way they selflessly dedicate themselves to correct punctuation, for example by pointing out to the staff of a chip shop why the term 'chip's' is a sloppy obfuscation, confirms they are bold and righteous individuals.

"If grammar people just learned to let things go sometimes, where would we be as a civilisation? Just fighting in mud, probably."

56-year-old Roy Hobbs said: "Heaven forbid that my scrupulous attention to linguistic detail should be driven by intellectual vanity.

"The reason I loudly vocalise my frustration about a writer confusing 'that' and which' is because of my passion for good English.

"It's not that I want a crowded room to know how clever I am."

43-year-old pedant Mary Fisher said: "So we are 'generally better'? Better than whom? Better is a relative term.

"But perhaps you didn't know that."

Nephew Twiddleton

Actually paes i think its that pedants are just less worse.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."