News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Trigger warning: Drugs

Started by LMNO, September 13, 2013, 05:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

End result: 26 quarts of pickles, 16 vinegar cured and 10 lactic-acid cured.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Balls Wellington on September 22, 2013, 06:54:16 PM
I'm gone for almost 2 weeks and THIS is what I come back to?

Fuck all of you. With sticks.

Dude, we have a real live Nazi down in the political section, and THIS is what you click on?   :?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 22, 2013, 06:57:00 PM
Nice!
Now i want pickles. :(
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on September 23, 2013, 09:16:16 AM
Nice!

They're pretty great. My kitchen smells like pickles. :lol:

The thing that's amazing about them is that I basically just acquired a year's worth of pickles for $25 and about two hours light work. I mean, they came out to less than a dollar a jar and there just wasn't that much labor involved.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

ECH, I have limited access until midweek and I missed a lot of this clusterfuck too. But Roger makes a good point waaaaay back there where he said that RWHN is so butthurt that he CAN'T FUNCTION. I mean, think about it...giant Goodwill suit, nonsensical commentary, imaginary girlfriend...maybe we shouldn't even be arguing with RWHN. Maybe we should be helping him get hooked up with checks and 707 housing and medicaid so he can get some pills and shit. I mean, just because he's an unlikable POS with the personality of a moat filled with gators and raw sewage doesn't give us an excuse to be callous. :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

You are posting this in a thread that stopped being about drugs days ago, and a thread where my position was corroborated by another professional (duh, why would they use synthetics if they can get the real thing), AND where there has actually been some common ground and agreement established between Nigel and I.

What was that about butthurt?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Q. G. Pennyworth

What RWHN was trying to say there was that this was a thread where he grabbed on to something that sounded vaguely like one of his talking points and WOULDN'T LISTEN TO SHIT AFTER THAT POINT.

The Good Reverend Roger

I am going to shit my pants.

I'm okay with this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

-

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 23, 2013, 03:06:16 PM
Nice!

The thing that's amazing about them is that I basically just acquired a year's worth of pickles for $25 and about two hours light work. I mean, they came out to less than a dollar a jar and there just wasn't that much labor involved.
Wanna bet the supply won't last a whole year? You will have eaten them all in half a year.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on September 24, 2013, 12:08:13 PM
Nice!

Wanna bet the supply won't last a whole year? You will have eaten them all in half a year.

That might be a pretty safe bet, especially with the lactic acid pickles which have a richer, earthier YUM EAT ME kind of allure. It would be completely possible for a household of five to go through a jar a week.

Which will teach me to make twice as many next year!

So far the fermentation is going swimmingly, and the newly-dubbed pickle cabinet (also sometimes used for pies) smells like pickles.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 24, 2013, 05:49:02 PM
Nice!

That might be a pretty safe bet, especially with the lactic acid pickles which have a richer, earthier YUM EAT ME kind of allure. It would be completely possible for a household of five to go through a jar a week.

So far the fermentation is going swimmingly, and the newly-dubbed pickle cabinet (also sometimes used for pies) smells like pickles.
On the subject of cheap food: I have a garden full of cherry tomatoes. What do?
I am already planning on making soup, making and freezing large amounts of tomato paste and just eating them like candy.

Pergamos

Quote from: :regret: on September 24, 2013, 06:37:43 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 24, 2013, 05:49:02 PM
Nice!

On the subject of cheap food: I have a garden full of cherry tomatoes. What do?
I am already planning on making soup, making and freezing large amounts of tomato paste and just eating them like candy.

I know a fair amount of people pickle tomatoes, often in with cucumbers or peppers or eggs.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.