News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on December 15, 2013, 04:02:11 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 03:57:19 AM
Quote from: Alty on December 15, 2013, 03:48:12 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 15, 2013, 03:47:31 AM
Quote from: Alty on December 15, 2013, 03:41:41 AM
Listen, Stella, I get. You dont like me.

That is just dandy with me. If you would prefer I avoid you I can do that.

But please quit talking to me, I can.promise I will do the same for you.

I was perfectly OK with you until you took it upon yourself to twist something I said into something else entirely.

So that is a no?

Just a heads-up; you are embarrassing yourself.

Because I dont want stella to talk to me? I can live with that. That is a pretty broad statement. Are you.embarassed for me? Are all of you embrassed for me?

As for the rest, fine, I wont argue with you guys about this. It is a difference of opinion I can also live with.

And I'd like to also say that you don't GET a difference of opinion regarding how I feel about Coyote calling me a piece of shit, or whatever vile things it was that he said about me in that thread. You simply don't. It's not your place and it's not Twid's place to tell me or anyone else how we are to feel about another person.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 04:29:52 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 15, 2013, 04:28:19 AM
In short, when you have judged my behavior and my own, and decided whether or not I had grounds to be offended or not, I don't want to fucking hear about it.

You publicly lectured me for daring to not take shit off a lunatic.  I don't see why I should fucking care what your final determination is.

Even if I determine that I was wrong and you were right?

You know, when you open your gob and say something that clearly sends someone off the fucking deep end, archly saying "you'll look into it" is not exactly the most productive thing you can say, even if that's what you actually intend to do.

This has been a public service announcement from The Department of Roger Department.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 04:32:26 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 03:57:19 AM

I was perfectly OK with you until you took it upon yourself to twist something I said into something else entirely.

So that is a no?

Because I dont want stella to talk to me? I can live with that. That is a pretty broad statement. Are you.embarassed for me? Are all of you embrassed for me?

As for the rest, fine, I wont argue with you guys about this. It is a difference of opinion I can also live with.

And I'd like to also say that you don't GET a difference of opinion regarding how I feel about Coyote calling me a piece of shit, or whatever vile things it was that he said about me in that thread. You simply don't. It's not your place and it's not Twid's place to tell me or anyone else how we are to feel about another person.

That's a fair point.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 15, 2013, 04:32:32 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 04:29:52 AM
In short, when you have judged my behavior and my own, and decided whether or not I had grounds to be offended or not, I don't want to fucking hear about it.

You publicly lectured me for daring to not take shit off a lunatic.  I don't see why I should fucking care what your final determination is.

You know, when you open your gob and say something that clearly sends someone off the fucking deep end, archly saying "you'll look into it" is not exactly the most productive thing you can say, even if that's what you actually intend to do.

This has been a public service announcement from The Department of Roger Department.

Also a fair point.

I apologize. I still don't like what went down with Coyote. But if you feel that strongly, I should, in fact, understand why more before I comment on it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, The Department of Roger Department is closing up for the day.

Off to bed, to dream up further ways to be vile & unreasonable.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 04:32:26 AM

So that is a no?

You are absolutely correct here, I agree. I never intended to say otherwise, and I apologize.

I dont think I.said that, but its been a hazy evening.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 04:35:46 AM

Also a fair point.

I apologize. I still don't like what went down with Coyote. But if you feel that strongly, I should, in fact, understand why more before I comment on it.

That might have been a good idea in the first place.

Salty

As for me and whomever I dont want to talk to here at he good ole pd, that is your opinion, Nigel, but it is my childish business.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Twid, I'll give you a piece of advice that might be handy in the future. Don't publicly put yourself in between two people who have had a falling-out, especially if you're friends with both of them. Trying to make peace between two people who have their own reasons for feeling animosity toward each other is one of the most condescending and invalidating things you can do; it doesn't make you look like a peacemaker, it makes you look like a self-absorbed prick who has to make everything about themselves, and it's a great way to lose friends.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on December 15, 2013, 04:38:06 AM
As for me and whomever I dont want to talk to here at he good ole pd, that is your opinion, Nigel, but it is my childish business.

There's an ignore feature.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 15, 2013, 04:36:59 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 04:35:46 AM

Also a fair point.

That might have been a good idea in the first place.

My first impression reading all that was "Fuck. Twid's sloshed."

Which doesn't really excuse it - Twid, do you really want to be THAT particular drunk?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 04:38:12 AM
Twid, I'll give you a piece of advice that might be handy in the future. Don't publicly put yourself in between two people who have had a falling-out, especially if you're friends with both of them. Trying to make peace between two people who have their own reasons for feeling animosity toward each other is one of the most condescending and invalidating things you can do; it doesn't make you look like a peacemaker, it makes you look like a self-absorbed prick who has to make everything about themselves, and it's a great way to lose friends.

Ok. I accept that.

Salty

Quote from: Alty on December 15, 2013, 04:36:02 AM

So that is a no?

You are absolutely correct here, I agree. I never intended to say otherwise, and I apologize.

I dont think I.said that, but its been a hazy evening.

Eta: my difference of opinion has to do with Charley and this thread, not Coyote.

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 04:38:46 AM
Quote from: Alty on December 15, 2013, 04:38:06 AM

There's an ignore feature.

Yeah, dont I know it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 04:41:16 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 15, 2013, 04:38:12 AM

Ok. I accept that.

So that said, Roger, where do we stand? I've already said to you elsewhere that I am unwilling to sacrifice our friendship.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 04:45:23 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 15, 2013, 04:41:16 AM

Ok. I accept that.

So that said, Roger, where do we stand? I've already said to you elsewhere that I am unwilling to sacrifice our friendship.

It would not be wise for me to answer this tonight.  I am far, far too angry.