News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Jim just called me on my landline, and asked why I was being a dick, and can I please get stuff fixed.

"Are you asking me to break procedure, Jim?"

All land line calls are of course taped, per company procedure.

Fuck him, fuck them, and fuck this place.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:37:32 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:36:42 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:28:25 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:15:54 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:10:12 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on December 17, 2013, 03:34:10 PM
I'll bet on the following:

You shut down for about 2 weeks on Friday.
You will not be allowed to leave prior to normal times.
An effigy of you will be burnt in the car park.

Anything less and quite frankly I'll be disappointed.

Well, I've just been told that they are considering disciplinary action for one of my guys, because the engineer told him fucked up shit.

We all just got really dumb.  Really, really dumb.

Disciplinary action for him, because someone else gave him bad information? That makes no sense. :(

Neither does the fact that Mike decided to leave a machine down over the weekend mean that I am somehow to blame.  Because he was in charge of the plant and decided not to have us fix it.

But I am, as are my guys.

This happens to every maintenance shop, everywhere, ever.  So now we have to play the stupid game for a while.

That is a giant load of crap. I hope that place catches on fire after you leave it.

Why wait?  As of this morning, NOTHING gets down without ALL the paperwork being straight.  NOTHING.  Toilet's flooding the office building?  I need a work order.  I'll wait.

:lulz:

That's actually happening, by the way.

And the rules CLEARLY state that we need a work order AND a permit before performing any maintenance activities.

Oh that's fucking AWESOME. As Red Tape Guy showed us, the death of getting anything done is making sure to follow ALL the rules to a T.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:41:00 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 17, 2013, 04:39:39 PM
Man, I hate that shit. You follow your fucking chain of command and carry out the orders you are given and you are shit on for not knowing better, just like you'd have been shit on for bucking the chain of command and/or not following orders. Fuck those guys.

They wanna borrow a hammer? Gee whiz, I'm not sure what exactly a hammer is let alone where we keep 'em. Everything is just so topsy-turvy down here, I mean hell, we can't even do XX right, right?

Ass bags.

Oh, no.  They can borrow a hammer.  There's a form for that.  No shit.

Well I hope the signature isn't smudged and the text isn't blurry or anything. I'd hate for them to have to go get another one because this one might not be up to snuff. Wait, don't you need that in triplicate?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 17, 2013, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:37:32 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:36:42 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:28:25 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:15:54 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:10:12 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on December 17, 2013, 03:34:10 PM
I'll bet on the following:

You shut down for about 2 weeks on Friday.
You will not be allowed to leave prior to normal times.
An effigy of you will be burnt in the car park.

Anything less and quite frankly I'll be disappointed.

Well, I've just been told that they are considering disciplinary action for one of my guys, because the engineer told him fucked up shit.

We all just got really dumb.  Really, really dumb.

Disciplinary action for him, because someone else gave him bad information? That makes no sense. :(

Neither does the fact that Mike decided to leave a machine down over the weekend mean that I am somehow to blame.  Because he was in charge of the plant and decided not to have us fix it.

But I am, as are my guys.

This happens to every maintenance shop, everywhere, ever.  So now we have to play the stupid game for a while.

That is a giant load of crap. I hope that place catches on fire after you leave it.

Why wait?  As of this morning, NOTHING gets down without ALL the paperwork being straight.  NOTHING.  Toilet's flooding the office building?  I need a work order.  I'll wait.

That's actually happening, by the way.

And the rules CLEARLY state that we need a work order AND a permit before performing any maintenance activities.

Good. FUCK those guys.

Yep.  As of this morning, I no longer care if I remain employed here.  This has given me a certain degree of latitude with respect to my dealings with others.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:42:16 PM
Jim just called me on my landline, and asked why I was being a dick, and can I please get stuff fixed.

Do I sense an impending blaze of glory?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:42:27 PM
Oh that's fucking AWESOME. As Red Tape Guy showed us, the death of getting anything done is making sure to follow ALL the rules to a T.

I am Red Tape Guy now.

Forever.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:43:18 PM

I'm not going to quit.  I just don't give a fuck if they fire me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 17, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
Man, I hate that shit. You follow your fucking chain of command and carry out the orders you are given and you are shit on for not knowing better, just like you'd have been shit on for bucking the chain of command and/or not following orders. Fuck those guys.

They wanna borrow a hammer? Gee whiz, I'm not sure what exactly a hammer is let alone where we keep 'em. Everything is just so topsy-turvy down here, I mean hell, we can't even do XX right, right?

Ass bags.

Well I hope the signature isn't smudged and the text isn't blurry or anything. I'd hate for them to have to go get another one because this one might not be up to snuff. Wait, don't you need that in triplicate?

Legible signatures only.  :)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 17, 2013, 04:42:59 PM

Ass bags.

Legible signatures only.  :)

You are a cruel man, indeed.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I woke up full of rage, hate, and resentment, as is fairly typical this time of year when I have to do a bunch of COMPLETELY POINTLESS BULLSHIT like buy a fucking dead tree and stick it in my living room, and then somehow scrape together enough cash to buy the children some kind of non-shitty presents to put under it.

STUPIDEST FUCKING TRADITION EVER. FFS.

Oh, and then of course I didn't want to be the one asshole in my mom group to not do Secret Santa, so I spent money I don't have to buy some nice bullshit and now I have to spend more money I don't have to ship it.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 04:44:04 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 17, 2013, 04:43:18 PM

They might just be too terrified to do that, Roger. I mean, once you're gone, the force of your vindaloo-inspired offerings to the porcelain gods will no longer hold them in appeasement. Shit will go wrong everywhere. Always. I think on some primitive level they understand this. Like . . . the part of their brain that tells them a really big predator is ticking their neck-hair with his fetid breath . . . that part should be kicking in any time now.

Don't hold out for just an apology to your man. Hold out for a dozen roses and lunch for each of you.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 17, 2013, 04:46:47 PM

They might just be too terrified to do that, Roger. I mean, once you're gone, the force of your vindaloo-inspired offerings to the porcelain gods will no longer hold them in appeasement. Shit will go wrong everywhere. Always. I think on some primitive level they understand this. Like . . . the part of their brain that tells them a really big predator is ticking their neck-hair with his fetid breath . . . that part should be kicking in any time now.

Don't hold out for just an apology to your man. Hold out for a dozen roses and lunch for each of you.

Meh.  To them, we are rather slow-witted apes.  Utterly replaceable.

Now Jim has a mutiny on his hands.  A mutiny furthered by following every single rule, no matter what.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

Now Jim has a mutiny on his hands.  A mutiny furthered by following every single rule, no matter what.

I feel bad for Jim sometimes. Not too bad, but a little bit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 17, 2013, 05:28:25 PM

Normally, I do too.  Not right now, though.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 17, 2013, 05:28:54 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 17, 2013, 05:28:25 PM

Normally, I do too.  Not right now, though.

Nope, not right now. He should be sticking up for his people, not dousing 'em in bullshit.