News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I don't know!  But if you're in an argument with an anarchist, posting it always causes some kind of hilarious reaction.

LMNO

Yeah, that seems designed to completely derail everything.

Cain

Ah, I think I know what it is now.  Something to do with a Political-Crossfire pissing match involving (of course), anarchists.

Regardless, I shall use it wherever it seems appropriate.  Which is everywhere.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today seems to be mostly composed of working on a practice test that has a lot of problems on it using equations we never went over in class, which means that for each one I have to look it up and figure it out, and also working on a lot of molarity/molality/mole fraction stuff, which isn't hard as much as it requires a lot of housekeeping.

I certainly hope that this is all relevant to the test tomorrow. It will piss me off if I spend all day working on this shit and it turns out I really should have spent my time on polarity or somesuch.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 05:53:43 PM
Today seems to be mostly composed of working on a practice test that has a lot of problems on it using equations we never went over in class, which means that for each one I have to look it up and figure it out, and also working on a lot of molarity/molality/mole fraction stuff, which isn't hard as much as it requires a lot of housekeeping.

I certainly hope that this is all relevant to the test tomorrow. It will piss me off if I spend all day working on this shit and it turns out I really should have spent my time on polarity or somesuch.

Let me get this straight...This teacher gets paid?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteThe mole fraction of iron(III) acetate, Fe(CH3COO)3, in an aqueous solution is 4.46E-2 .

The percent by mass of iron(III) acetate in the solution is  ?%.

Blah, blah, blah.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 05:55:17 PM

Let me get this straight...This teacher gets paid?

YEP. She's staff, too, which means she's salary.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

She's also the better of the two remaining options on my campus next term. The really good teacher isn't teaching the class next term, and the other decent teacher got a better job.

Which leaves me with the nice, but scattered teacher who has a terrible memory and is bad at math.

hooplala

Sounds exactly my security academy, except... you know... what you are learning is important.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Psh, since when has maths been important for science anyway?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 06:04:26 PM
She's also the better of the two remaining options on my campus next term. The really good teacher isn't teaching the class next term, and the other decent teacher got a better job.

Which leaves me with the nice, but scattered teacher who has a terrible memory and is bad at math.

She may be nice, but she's putting things on tests that weren't covered in class, if I understand you correctly.

Cain

Second tutorial in 2 days on less than 5 hours of sleep.

Also, should have a new DAO episode up on Youtube in about 2 hours or less.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 06:21:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 06:04:26 PM

She may be nice, but she's putting things on tests that weren't covered in class, if I understand you correctly.

Yes, but she's also giving us notice that it will be in the test, and it's in the book and the homework. This is not like the guy I had a couple of terms ago who would test us on stuff he hadn't even introduced to us.

So, yeah, she should have covered this in class, but she ran out of time (snow days) but we're required to know it anyway, which is really not her fault (IUPAC regulations) and since we want our IUPAC certifications at the end of next term, we suck it up and learn on our own. And hope that spending all this time learning the stuff she ran out of time for doesn't turn into a liability because we should have been brushing up on stuff she DID go over in class.