News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 08, 2014, 05:14:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2014, 04:59:26 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on May 08, 2014, 04:58:54 PM
Punk's a different thing in America, right? :eek:

It used to be, before the kids fucked it all up.

Speaking of which, in the fine tradition of 14-year-old-boys since the advent of electric bass, my son is in a punk band and they just recorded a demo: http://elephantsofvietnam.bandcamp.com/releases

I shall check this out when I get home and can watch it properly.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 08, 2014, 05:30:58 PM
Quote from: The Suu on May 08, 2014, 05:28:13 PM

Speaking of which, in the fine tradition of 14-year-old-boys since the advent of electric bass, my son is in a punk band and they just recorded a demo: http://elephantsofvietnam.bandcamp.com/releases

I fucking love that band name.

It's a really good band name. Makes me hope they stick around for a while.

If they ever get tired of it, Undanceable Guitar Misery is theirs for the asking.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2014, 06:06:43 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 08, 2014, 05:30:58 PM
Quote from: The Suu on May 08, 2014, 05:28:13 PM

I fucking love that band name.

It's a really good band name. Makes me hope they stick around for a while.

If they ever get tired of it, Undanceable Guitar Misery is theirs for the asking.   :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2014, 06:05:32 PM

I don't know if it makes a difference, but it is audio only. WARNING: consists of 14-year-old boys playing punk music. May be suitable for broadcast over the PA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 08, 2014, 06:19:34 PM

I don't know if it makes a difference, but it is audio only. WARNING: consists of 14-year-old boys playing punk music. May be suitable for broadcast over the PA.

Oh ho ho!  Also possibly good for driving in what passes for our rush hour.

Speaking of music, an accordion is a tool of the elder Gods.  Physics cannot explain how an accordion makes the noises it makes.  There is no mechanism that allows it.  It's like "The Music of Erich Zahn" made by people in Wisconsin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2014, 06:21:48 PM

Speaking of music, an accordion is a tool of the elder Gods.  Physics cannot explain how an accordion makes the noises it makes.  There is no mechanism that allows it.  It's like "The Music of Erich Zahn" made by people in Wisconsin.

I fucking love accordions!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on May 08, 2014, 05:52:33 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 08, 2014, 05:32:55 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on May 08, 2014, 05:20:14 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 08, 2014, 05:18:52 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on May 08, 2014, 05:08:20 PM
How I remember it

I love that the ad prefacing that video is for irritable bowel syndrome treatment.

They know their audience.

Actually that's just Google, datamining you :tinfoilhat:

Wow, they're REALLY doing it wrong, then.  :lol:

My understanding of Youtube ads is that they're linked to the video content, and aren't generated by Google's adbots, but maybe they've changed that. Usually you can tell because the same ads follow you around to different sites, but on Youtube I see ads for products that are completely disconnected from my browsing history.

They'll feed in vid related, how you got there-related, you-related, where you live-related and all points in between. Never had IBS ads before but now I've just typed IBS, on the internet... twice! :horrormirth:

Nope:

QuoteTrueView in-stream ads are similar to television commercials. As the name infers, in-stream ads are part of the video stream, before (pre-roll), during (mid-roll), or after (post-roll) the ad partner's video. However, unlike a television commercial, YouTube's in-stream advertising is a video search marketing tool that reaches a brand's target audience with greater precision due to the use of select keywords, interest targeting, and video optimization. This is a tremendous asset to advertisers.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 08, 2014, 06:23:35 PM

I would expect you to, on account of your many crimes.

EK WAFFLR

This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOsa25syrx8
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Allfader Waffles on May 08, 2014, 06:27:50 PM

This.

I AM NOTICING A TREND AMONG ACCORDION LOVERS HERE.

Norwegian.  Orkadian. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Viking war accordions.

Hmmm.

Might do something with that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2014, 06:29:07 PM
Quote from: Allfader Waffles on May 08, 2014, 06:27:50 PM

This.

I AM NOTICING A TREND AMONG ACCORDION LOVERS HERE.

Norwegian.  Orkadian.

Irishmen too.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 08, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

Irishmen too.

No.

SOOOO, you're sitting there at your coastal monastery, and you suddely sit bolt upright with fear, as you hear polka music drift over the waves toward you.  You know they're coming.  You're fucking doomed.

LMNO

Also, Argentinians.  Can't have a decent Tango without an accordian.