News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirley0

you were typing a n

Quote from: LuciferX on May 08, 2014, 10:54:07 PM

So I'm pl.

element 110 { i call it Janium { after snyder '60's {{ but it's
NaMe is that of a German town {{{ not a date.

Cain

Bleh.  Too ill to work.

Well, at the night job anyway.  No such release for the FINAL ESSAY.

Luna

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 09, 2014, 05:11:04 AM
My response to Marie: How nice of (Midsister) to inform me via you that I'm an uncle to yet another child I'll probably never meet. Sorry for the snark, but...

Sorry, man, that blows.  My family pulls some of the same crap, not to quite that extent, but my cousins have kids I don't even know about.  I didn't know one of my aunts passed away until it was mentioned in Dad's obituary.

I deal by knowing that I have some awesome family members who just happen to not share any blood relation with me.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2014, 04:44:35 PM
It could also just mean that she's too old for the Punk Show.

Hell, I'm too old for the Punk Show, and I'm the one on stage.

Suu

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on May 09, 2014, 10:26:39 AM
I've actually heard, first hand, on reading the nutritional information on some food packaging "Oh no, I couldn't possibly eat this, it's got calories in."

The young lady in question actually thought calories were some kind of artificial additive that were put into food with a side effect of causing fatness.

:enough:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My response to Marie: How nice of (Midsister) to inform me via you that I'm an uncle to yet another child I'll probably never meet. Sorry for the snark, but...

What, are you not allowed to visit her?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, I haven't seen my Nephews in 20 years. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 09, 2014, 01:31:29 PM

I am, but I have no idea where she lives other than Wilmington, Delaware, and I'm not sure if she even has custody of the first two anymore. This is actually fairly typical of her. She doesn't tell anyone anything until way after it's appropriate, if at all. For example, we have no idea if she's married or not. Apparently she dropped a couple of hints to mom that she was, but has never said one way or the other definitively.

Also, I'm pretty freaking broke most of the time and haven't left New England in 3 years, and that's when my stepfather paid for my airfare to go to Grandma's funeral.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

So, I was on Amazon, adding  Kembrew McLeod's book "Pranksters: Making Mischief in the Modern World" to my wish list, and I noticed that the author of the review in Slate wrote a book about Brian Eno for the 33 1/3 series.  So I clicked on it.

If you like music, do nevar go poking around the 33 1/3 series.  You'll end up buying the whole damn thing.

LMNO
-bought the whole damn thing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 09, 2014, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 09, 2014, 01:31:29 PM

I am, but I have no idea where she lives other than Wilmington, Delaware, and I'm not sure if she even has custody of the first two anymore. This is actually fairly typical of her. She doesn't tell anyone anything until way after it's appropriate, if at all. For example, we have no idea if she's married or not. Apparently she dropped a couple of hints to mom that she was, but has never said one way or the other definitively.

Also, I'm pretty freaking broke most of the time and haven't left New England in 3 years, and that's when my stepfather paid for my airfare to go to Grandma's funeral.

Is she just a flighty freak, or do you try to talk to her and she's evasive?

I'll be honest, I doubt my mom's side of the family knows much of what's going on in my life, because once I had more than one kid flying them to visit people was financially out of the question, and I stopped talking to most of my family because they tend to have poor boundaries... too many opinions and too much drama, and when I did invite them to stay with me they would do shit like move in for three months without so much as offering to help with bills and food.

You guys know more about my life than they do, at this point.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 09, 2014, 02:45:11 PM
So, I was on Amazon, adding  Kembrew McLeod's book "Pranksters: Making Mischief in the Modern World" to my wish list, and I noticed that the author of the review in Slate wrote a book about Brian Eno for the 33 1/3 series.  So I clicked on it.

If you like music, do nevar go poking around the 33 1/3 series.  You'll end up buying the whole damn thing.

LMNO
-bought the whole damn thing.

Accidentally the whole thing? Or totally on purpose?

EDIT: FUCK YOU. NOT ENOUGH MONIES. CRAP.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I'm driving up to Seattle tonight for an art show my buddy from back home's putting on. Road dog backed out cause she has to work tomorrow. Drag. I'm heavily weighing weather I want to 6 hour round trip by myself. I should really just damned do it since it's kind of a crime that I've been here for 2 years now and seen Seattle for about 4 hours.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

The refractory in the ball mill collapsed today.  No surprise, it was due.  For once, it collapsed on a Friday instead of a Wednesday, so that it will be cool enough to work on next Monday instead of Saturday.

So this is what I have been reduced to.  "Thank God the disaster won't fuck my weekend up."   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, I made myself some breakfast yesterday morning, on account of Jenn having been overnight at my folks' house. 

When they say "No-Stick Pan", this leads me to believe that it means NO STICK PAN.  So I made some scrambled eggs.  I don't really want to get into details, but Jenn is really pissed off about the whole thing.  So now I have to write her some more awful poetry, or I won't get a beating tonight.