News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Ben Shapiro

minuspace

Closer...

QuotePea-size hail and dangerous lighting were possible, along with gusty winds and brief periods of heavy rainfall in the Inland Empire, according to the National Weather Service.

A flood advisory was in effect through 7 p.m. for central Riverside County and until 7 p.m. for north-central Los Angeles County.

Meanwhile late Thursday afternoon, amid a severe thunderstorm warning, heavy rain and hail dumped from darkened skies in the Palmdale area, leaving roads flooded.

Nearly 1 inch of rain fell in 30 minutes at the Palmdale Regional Airport, the weather service tweeted at about 4:30 p.m.

A possible funnel cloud was reported by multiple people in Palmdale as well.

The weather service had warned the storm could have serious impacts.

"If you are in its path, prepare immediately for damaging winds, destructive hail and deadly cloud-to-ground lightning," the National Weather Service stated. "People outside should move to a shelter, preferably inside a strong building but away from windows."

Streets were flooded in the vicinity of Avenue M and 30th Street East in Palmdale after the storm on May 22, 2014. (Credit: KTLA)

The storm, capable of quarter-sized hail and 60 mph winds, was located 7 miles northeast of Palmdale at about 3:45 p.m., the weather stated.

"Weak rotation" within the storm had been detected by radar, and a tornado could develop, according to the weather service.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Now that we've gone through buffers and are on to thermodynamics chemistry is fine again. I don't know why I have such a hard time with buffers, but I do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 26, 2014, 12:18:37 AM
Quote from: Alty on May 25, 2014, 10:33:02 PM
So, this happened.

http://www.imgur.com/6FbkVZv.jpeg

Fuck.

Is that close to you?

Not really, but the ash from the trees have been falling here and the sky should be clear but is covered in smoke as far as I can see.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on May 26, 2014, 01:20:40 AM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 26, 2014, 12:18:37 AM
Quote from: Alty on May 25, 2014, 10:33:02 PM
So, this happened.

http://www.imgur.com/6FbkVZv.jpeg

Fuck.

Is that close to you?

Not really, but the ash from the trees have been falling here and the sky should be clear but is covered in smoke as far as I can see.

Lame. I hope it gets under containment soon... here's hoping for heavy rain.

The Good Reverend Roger

I have officially given up on cooking forever.

Kitchen window's busted, drapes are singed, 3 bricks out in the back yard are scorched & cracked, and I need to buy another big ass skillet before Jenn finds out and kills me.

I have NO EXPLANATION and NO EXCUSE.  Shit just happened.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2014, 05:28:52 AM
I have officially given up on cooking forever.

Kitchen window's busted, drapes are singed, 3 bricks out in the back yard are scorched & cracked, and I need to buy another big ass skillet before Jenn finds out and kills me.

I have NO EXPLANATION and NO EXCUSE.  Shit just happened.

Well...

I guess I feel a little bit better about my problem of not really understanding buffer equations.

Cain

Roger gives up on cooking.

"Funny River Fire" occurs.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Salty

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2014, 08:21:17 AM
Roger gives up on cooking.

"Funny River Fire" occurs.  Coincidence?  I think not.

:ohnotache:

Cain

In other news, I've been made a Junior Fellow...which is a fancy way of saying "unpaid researcher"...with the think tank I was applying to.  Yay.  It'll look good on the CV at least, and snag me potential contacts for once this course is over.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2014, 10:19:55 AM
In other news, I've been made a Junior Fellow...which is a fancy way of saying "unpaid researcher"...with the think tank I was applying to.  Yay.  It'll look good on the CV at least, and snag me potential contacts for once this course is over.

Yay, grats Cain.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

Good stuff.

How long until you're in a position to abuse their trust and profit?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.