News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Probably never.  I understand the senior fellows occasionally brief members of Parliament on stuff, but I suspect I'll have to find paid work before I become a senior fellow.

LMNO

It's times like this I wish the live feed I have of Roger's kitchen didn't keep dropping the signal so frequently.

Also, yay Cain? Sort of?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2014, 10:19:55 AM
In other news, I've been made a Junior Fellow...which is a fancy way of saying "unpaid researcher"...with the think tank I was applying to.  Yay.  It'll look good on the CV at least, and snag me potential contacts for once this course is over.

:awesome:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In other news, I've been made a Junior Fellow...which is a fancy way of saying "unpaid researcher"...with the think tank I was applying to.  Yay.  It'll look good on the CV at least, and snag me potential contacts for once this course is over.

Congratulations!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 26, 2014, 07:18:09 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2014, 05:28:52 AM
I have officially given up on cooking forever.

Kitchen window's busted, drapes are singed, 3 bricks out in the back yard are scorched & cracked, and I need to buy another big ass skillet before Jenn finds out and kills me.

I have NO EXPLANATION and NO EXCUSE.  Shit just happened.

Well...

I guess I feel a little bit better about my problem of not really understanding buffer equations.

It could have happened to anybody, really.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Outstanding.  It's a foot in the door, at least.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Just saw X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Not only does the world need more Michael Fassbender as evil young destructive Magneto, the easter egg at the end made me lose a bet to my father.   :argh!:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Oh, and for those that were curious, my parents did call me Saturday about the aunt debacle, my mom apparently had a cash bet with my dad over how long it would take for me to tell her to go fuck herself, but they both applauded me for taking the high road and not destroying her.

Mom also thinks Twid is the funniest fucker ever for his responses.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Suu on May 27, 2014, 03:31:07 AM
Oh, and for those that were curious, my parents did call me Saturday about the aunt debacle, my mom apparently had a cash bet with my dad over how long it would take for me to tell her to go fuck herself, but they both applauded me for taking the high road and not destroying her.

Mom also thinks Twid is the funniest fucker ever for his responses.

:thanks:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I AM CAUGHT UP ON MY CHEMISTRY HOMEWORK. HALLELUJAH AND THANK YOU MEMORIAL DAY!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I had a rather good day. Aside from the nerve pain, which kept me up.

Woke up at midnight, watched South Park, went back to Villager's room, fell asleep for a couple of hours, watched South Park again from 3:30 am to 6:00 am, at which point I started to doze, but of course, 6:00 am is when her alarm normally goes off (the living room is next to her bedroom), and since 6 is one of her cat's feeding times on the week days, the alarm and the cat woke me up. Villager was dead asleep the entire time, but it alerted me to the fact that I was about to fall asleep on the couch. So, knowing it was her day off, I went in, disabled the alarm, went back to bed, and the cat got in. At which point I chuckled and thought to myself, "if you can get her up at 6 am on her day off, you earned it."

Well, the cat jumped on the bed, walked over my feet and cuddled up to Villager and started trilling.... for about 5 minutes. Which was rather soothing for me. But, Villager had an eyemask and earplugs in (I have sleep apnea, and do a good impression of a chainsaw). So the the cat left in a huff.

I woke up at some point, after a couple of unpleasant dreams to discover that Villager was long gone out of bed. And chopping onions. This meant pizza for breakfast.

Then I learned how to solder, and was lent a soldering iron and solder, so I can fix my bass, and the person who lent me it, we drove around to maximize the deals, since he's a veteran Marine. In the process I found cheap components to make a personal project happen, which means I have to return to Quincy at some time this week, and I got Villager and myself two Starfleet pins (she got the command one, I got the science one. Nerd love.)

Then we cleaned her apartment, most of which was taken up with me clearing out the entire vacuum while she drove our ex-Marine friend to work. I think I could have assembled a small mammal from what I dug out, re-vacuumed, and now the place is looking good for her Navy friend who is coming for a visit (and who is very fastidious).

Then we went to a Japanese restaurant because she's over the moon about sushi, and I like any Asian food that doesn't involve fish, then we got bizzay. Because nothing turns on a chick like, "ok, I'll vacuum, and hang on, spot me, I'm replacing your burnt out lightbulbs and shit, eh, let's do all of the lightbulbs while we're at it."

Then she drove me to JFK on the red line and I went home.

Nephew Twiddleton

I suppose it's worth noting that I wasn't expected to help clean, and further, I took the initiative on the light bulb replacement.

I did it for entirely selfish reasons, the dimness and here and there Halloween quirk were pissing me off. Ok, that rather convenient light is dead, and that other light that I rely on when I, or anyone else, takes out the trash is a dim, scary red..... Yeah.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2014, 10:40:28 PM

Kitchen window's busted, drapes are singed, 3 bricks out in the back yard are scorched & cracked, and I need to buy another big ass skillet before Jenn finds out and kills me.

Well...

I guess I feel a little bit better about my problem of not really understanding buffer equations.

Iiiiiiii am skeptical of that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 27, 2014, 07:15:29 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2014, 10:40:28 PM

Well...

Iiiiiiii am skeptical of that.

Well, it's either that, or the ghost of Julia Childs is wreaking a terrible revenge.  On me.  For no reason.