News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

God damn, this Windows 8 update is so damn innovative it deleted all the cookie files on my browser, and god knows what else. Thanks Obama.

Cain

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on September 07, 2014, 07:26:44 AM
Quote from: Cain on September 06, 2014, 04:32:47 PM
One of ours literally only comes home to get fed, or if it is raining.

The other one, on the other hand, has severe attachment issues.  To me in particular.  I'm not sure why.  But at least she can't wake up half the town with her meowing.

Depends on the breed. Bombays, and Persians are the most needy, and attention whoring like a dog.

I currently have a Russian White. He's tomcat, and only comes to eat, get out of the rain, or spend a day, or two at home. I hate seeing him cry at home wanting to get out.
[

Sorry I missed this when replying to Nigel.

I've heard that about Persians.  I've also heard that Siamese, while not quite as needy necessarily, are also quite vocal so when you have a needy one it's really annoying.

These are both British shorthairs though.  And brother and sister, which makes it even stranger.  Both raised in exactly the same environment, yet they turned out very differently.

Cain

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on September 07, 2014, 04:36:16 PM
God damn, this Windows 8 update is so damn innovative it deleted all the cookie files on my browser, and god knows what else. Thanks Obama.

That's the sacrifice Windows 8 demands.  Just be lucky it didn't decide it also wanted your WIN32 folder or something.  An OS that evil is capable of anything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 07, 2014, 11:33:36 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 06, 2014, 04:51:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 06, 2014, 04:32:47 PM
One of ours literally only comes home to get fed, or if it is raining.

The other one, on the other hand, has severe attachment issues.  To me in particular.  I'm not sure why.  But at least she can't wake up half the town with her meowing.

Awww. That's cute, actually. I like it when cats are lovey and attached.

She's more like a creepy stalker.  If I'm asleep and someone lets her in the house, she will run up the stairs and sit outside my door, meowing and scratching to get in.  When I do get up, as soon as she hears me move, she'll rush up to me, and follow me around.  Can't go to the bathroom, have a shower or get breakfast without her constantly trying to get my attention.  After a couple of hours, she'll calm down enough to go to sleep (on my bed) but whenever she wakes and hears my voice, she'll come running to find me.

The only thing she doesn't like is being picked up by me, so I tend to do that every now and again, just so I can have some peace and quiet.

:lulz: :lulz: Wow.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Hah.  Yeah, pretty much.

We'd let the cats stay in the house overnight, if not for her.  She's impossible, because if you're sleeping, then you're not paying attention to her.  So she'll sink her claws into your arm or leg to wake you up.

Trivial

Quote from: Cain on September 07, 2014, 04:43:01 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on September 07, 2014, 04:36:16 PM

That's the sacrifice Windows 8 demands.  Just be lucky it didn't decide it also wanted your WIN32 folder or something.  An OS that evil is capable of anything.

If there is an open type font in the wrong place occasionally a patch will put it in a bluescreen or reboot loop.  Borks some so bad you need to do a system restore or sacrifice two doves and a goat.  How they get in the wrong folder is you stepped on the grave of a powerful witch who was one of the coders who made the kernal.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have Windows 8 on a touchscreen laptop and it is the worst thing I have ever used. Almost totally unusable. And it will decide to update itself at random times, giving me no choice in the matter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Ah, windows 8...  I don't trust anything beyond NT.  It's funny because Turing had it so that during any self-respecting install, a pop-up warns me when a piece of code is going to try to check itself.  Now, the whole thing updates itself while I sleep.  NOT ON MY WATCH!

East Coast Hustle

I have Windows 8 on a touchscreen laptop and I love it and have had zero problems at all.

Windows mobile for a cell phone, on the other hand, is a work of pure unmitigated evil.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Ben Shapiro

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 07, 2014, 12:16:37 AM
Hi guys, I haven't been on in a few days.

I've decided that I've reached a place in my life where I am morally and philosophically opposed to being in charge of other people.

Also ECHGF and I are 99% sure that she has a screaming case of undiagnosed diabeetus.

So we're saying "Fuck Maine" and moving back to WA in about a month. I don't care about the money or "big fish/small pond prestige" bullshit. I just want my life back.

Don't be a chef, kids. Learn to cook because it will help you attract people to whom you find yourself attracted but as a career choice seriously, fuck the fuck out of that shit. I'm gonna be stuck cooking for a couple more years while I school because bills and rent but I'm gonna learn to go be a HVAC tech or some shit like that where I don't have to give too many fucks about what other people are doing.

Damn.  Sorry that didn't work out for you.  Seemed like a good gig at the time.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 07, 2014, 11:45:23 PM
I have Windows 8 on a touchscreen laptop and I love it and have had zero problems at all.

Windows mobile for a cell phone, on the other hand, is a work of pure unmitigated evil.

How do you make it not the worst thing since Hitler? I fucking hate it.

Freeky

I, too, am interested in hearing how Windows 8 is not meant to be an exercise in self-torture.

In other news, the weather is trying to wash Tucson away.  It nearly managed it near where I live, but it won't manage it, sadly. 
I am soaked and freezing and I wish it would stop raining.