News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Monsters...

Started by renko, December 09, 2005, 03:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renko

Hey everybody, Im new to these boards. Ive just recently read the Principia Discordia and The Book of Eris and Im really diggin the whole thing. But ya, anyway heres my rant that I feel like ranting:

There is an utter lack of monsters in the world. I was watching Jurrasic Park recently and after narrrowly escaping some dinosaurs the little girl asks "Are the monsters coming back?" and the main guy responds "They arent monsters, they are animals." And that made me think: If giant scaley things with teeth the size of your head arent monsters, then what are? As soon as a monster actually exists we make it into an animal. There was a time when whales were sea monsters, but now they are whales. If we ever find the lock ness monster, we will give it a scientific name and make it into an animal. I am sorely dissapointed with the underabundance of boogeymen and things that go bump in the night. There is nothing malevolent in the world. I suppose this could be seen as a positive, but whatever, I just felt like writing this to stall doing homework and to make a first post.

So there ya go.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

renko

shit.... you had the same thing. Now I feel thorougly noob-ish. well I came up with it like, last week, before I even knew about discordianism. So ya, well it doesnt really matter. Thanks for welcoming me.

Just as an extra note: After reading the principia discordia and the book of eris what else is there? Im sure theres more.

The seer

Quote from: renkoshit.... you had the same thing. well I came up with it like, last week, before I even knew about discordianism. So ya, well it doesnt really matter. Thanks for welcoming me.

Just as an extra note: After reading the principia discordia and the book of eris what else is there? Im sure theres more.

every thought you are currently capable of having has already been thought before. Don't be so shocked, you're not nuveau anymore, you're as passe as the rest of us.

LHX

neat hell

renko

Unless I made a specific attempt at not thinkin in words, just indistinguisable sounds. Then no one would have thought of that before, I just wouldnt be able to articulate it.

EDIT: this was made in response to the seer

and that 'bob' thing, taht seems like its something other than discordianism, if Im correct. is it like a sister religion or somethin?

LHX

neat hell

The seer

Quote from: renkoUnless I made a specific attempt at not thinkin in words, just indistinguisable sounds. Then no one would have thought of that before, I just wouldnt be able to articulate it.

LOL. A million zenji have done just that.
You can't distinguish yourself no matter how hard you try. Just get over being distinguished. You're still unique even if there is nothing you cannot say that hasn't been said. Don't coddle yourself with delusions of grandeur is all I'm saying.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

:lol: I like your new avatar LHX.

LHX

Quote from: renko

and that 'bob' thing, taht seems like its something other than discordianism, if Im correct. is it like a master religion or somethin?

you almost had it
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: renkoshit.... you had the same thing. Now I feel thorougly noob-ish. well I came up with it like, last week, before I even knew about discordianism. So ya, well it doesnt really matter. Thanks for welcoming me.

1.  Naw.  Great minds, etc.

2.  The Book of the Subgenius, Revelation X, and anything by Benrik.  Robert Anton Wilson is also recommended by many, but it basically sucks ass.  In my opinion.  But, seeing as how I'm a God, you might consider taking that as (literally) Gospel.  Or I'll turn your whole clan into hamsters.  Or kill me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

renko

Quote from: The seer
Quote from: renkoUnless I made a specific attempt at not thinkin in words, just indistinguisable sounds. Then no one would have thought of that before, I just wouldnt be able to articulate it.

You can't distinguish yourself no matter how hard you try. Just get over being distinguished. You're still unique even if there is nothing you cannot say that hasn't been said. Don't coddle yourself with delusions of grandeur is all I'm saying.

shit, I dont know what zenji even are...

PS. goddamit you guys post fast. every time I post something, three other people pop up between me and the thing Im responding too.

PPS. In the time it took me to edit this mesage and add that PS up there, two posts were made. You guys are like machines.

The Good Reverend Roger

EDIT: this was made in response to the seer

and that 'bob' thing, taht seems like its something other than discordianism, if Im correct. is it like a sister religion or somethin?

Or something.

Think of it as Discordia's "wrong" uncle, who is never let out of the attic, except on holidays, when he drinks too much punch and embarrasses everyone.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: renko
Quote from: The seer

shit, I dont know what zenji even are...

They start haiku threads, mostly.

The seer

Quote from: The Good Reverend Rogerand they have the ability to get bored with handling sharp objects that cut them occasionally... unlike me.  :lol: