News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Why Won't You...

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, March 28, 2006, 05:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Why Won't You Come Over Here?

"Everybody is always so quick to point out how unique and lively they are. It gets boring after about the fifth person."
-Hous Bin Farteen, Fifth Muslim Lama

"We think ourselves better than ancient people like the Aztecs. Yet we still sacrifice thousands every year to the old time gods of war that we made up in our prehistory as an excuse to steal and kill."
-Some Random Liberal (in a pub)

"There is more magic in a streetlight shining at night than there is in those that either claim to believe or disbelieve in it."
-taken from "The First Witchcraft Statement" (by WITCH)

I know you. Fool. Sure, you can make your claim to being different or unique, but if you were so unique, why all the fuss in trying to convince me that you are not a replica? You can say you are not merely a replica because you think differently than everyone else. In the meantime, everyone else is thinking that they also think differently from everyone else. Just because you may or may not call yourself a Discordian doesn't mean you haven't escaped from either slavery or from being a two-dimensional cut-and-pasted character mass produced by the media. Especially since thinking of oneself as creative and unique is merely another one of the memes THEY use to keep you a dutiful producer and spender. Think about that for a minute. THEY couldn't care less about how free you think yourself, or how creative you imagine yourself, regardless of the reality behind either thought. As long as you keep producing for THEM and spending what THEY pay you to buy THEIR products. (And those products are not just material, they also include spiritual and intellectual products as well.) What does that say about humanity's cream of the crop? The elite? The leadership? Those who like to think they are in control? It says exactly what THEY think about you and what your place is in this society.

Hell, THEY don't even care how revolutionary you are. THEY can always kill you and then sell fucking t-shirts with your face on them. (The Che Guevara effect.) Either way, you are still a product to THEM in this great spectacle. Want to be a heretic or a witch? THEY can just kill you and later on make money selling books about your religion to fascinate bored soccer moms who are still closet feminists, just don't tell their husbands. (The Wicca-lite effect.)

Remember when I said we are really performers in a circus? Well, THEY are trying to take over the whole damned show and frankly some of us are getting sick of THEIR antics. Do what you must to make yourself feel better. If that means sacrificing goats to your ancestors, or if it means taking part in the New Reformed Unorthodox Susan B. Anthony Coven, or even it means calling yourself Discordian and getting wasted on tequila, do it. And then the same reality will be waiting for you when you're done. This might cause you to drink some more or to take drugs or to cast a magic spell and then.........Yep. Still there waiting for you. As always. That same reality. (Unless, of course you are some sort of shaman or witch or some trans-dimensional multiversal traveler, then that's just sweet.) Don't just sit there or lay there! Learn to either change things for yourself, or change reality, or if you believe such things are possible, then get into a different reality. Either way do something that proves you actually have some life in you. Prove that you are not merely a PDA, cellphone, a laptop with wireless internet, or a collection of emotions picked up from all those tunes you have on your I-pod. Prove that you actually have what the ancients called the divine spark...i.e. you are not just some zomboid dead brain who is just waiting for life to happen to them.

If you can't even do that, you might just be a cabbage. You never know, what with all the antics that THEY are into.  (A sort almost relevant digression follows.)

But we need not worry about THEM too much. Why? Why, you ask? After I just spent a good paragraph of horrid writing explaining how THEY are such evil bastards? I'll tell you why. Pay attention. Listen up. Dress down. Live sideways.

We need not worry about THEM because as much as THEY take over parts of our circus, we always create new spaces and tents. We also manage to assimilate a good deal of THEM every day. And who knows, sometimes we coax them into taking over one of our tents, just so we can burn the place down. (Is that mean?) Besides, the worry game is just another one of THEIR ruses that THEY use to keep us from exploring even the possibility that there are possibilities that THEY can't imagine. Just why do you think Eris tossed in that shiny apple? And we have better things to focus on then worrying about THEM. We know they are cabbages and that's that. Either eat them or stop fussing. Hell, we know some of you may even have been duped or convinced that you yourselves are cabbages, and for that we are sorry. It was funny though, you have to admit.

(But back to my earlier thought train.)

Just because you can or cannot SEE the fnords doesn't mean THEY won't eat you. Hell, they (I am tired of caps) already probably infest your mind in the form of memes. Just how do you know that they are not trans-dimensional soul suckers (as the Good Reverend Roger, scourge of the Prophets, often puts it)? They might be small or little and they may masquerade as thoughts or emotions you believe that you yourself have come up with, but then again, how do you know it's not some Scientology plot? (If there was ever an overt and powerful Greyface cabal, it's those loons.) Why wouldn't it be? Most of today's major religions do the same thing to their followers, so it should be no surprise that a newer elite religion for the rich and powerful wouldn't want to get in on that game. Just why do you think that those who become Buddhas immediately get the hell out of "here"? Well, for one thing, if they stay too long the religious and superstitious slaves of the thought-forms we call memes will torture and kill them (and then, just to add insult to injury, they will form new cults around them and taunt their memory by calling them "martyrs" or "saints").

Don't take my word for it, look around yourself. Look inside your mind. You will see that it is actually quite difficult being a free-thinker, or a Discordian. It is of course always fun to be one, but it is a lot easier to call yourself one than to actually live like one. Unless of course you have woken up to the fact that only if you take yourself  and THEM seriously, is it difficult. And even then the obstacles in your own mind, whether self-created or inculcated, are a lot more difficult to dissolve than the ones that exist on that material plane of reality we call "Reality (tm)" . Just who or what started this whole mess, who can say? All you may ever be able to do is to work it out for yourself. Especially if you can't find any of the rest of us.

But don't follow in the footsteps of the Buddhas. We need you to come over "here" or to stay "here" once you have awakened. Why? It provides decent entertainment, for one thing. Once you have discovered what both yourself and THEY have done putting all those over-reproductive and viral memes into your head-space and life, you become a living example of what THEY say is impossible. (Of course I can't tell you what that is because every individual realizes it differently.) Just what do you think is possible or impossible? And why? Have you even bothered to explore or experiment with "reality"?
The greatest work of art you have is your mind and body. (Your life.) Don't let it become the property of someone or something else. Ideas, actions, and thoughts should be your play things. Your tools. Your creations. Things that show you are fully here and not trapped in some dead-brained thud zone.

Are you crazy enough to exist? Are you fully here? Are you here at all?

If not...

Why won't you come over here?

March 24th, 2006

-Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Co-Episkopos of the DSSS
Unholy Agent of the (Unrighteous) New Reformed Unorthodox Susan B. Anthony Coven
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Random Probability

I am Random Probability and I endorse this message.

Iranon

< insert overused cliche about inserting amusing sig here here >

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Does this mean there is a sponsor?

Zurtok Khan

Stop writting such long rants.  I can't concentrate for that long on narcotics.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Zurtok KhanStop writting such long rants.  I can't concentrate for that long on narcotics.

Okay.

Cosmonaut X

"The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there." - Yasatuni Roshi

THEY are US.
- Cosmonaut X
Doyen for the Society of Eremitical Erisians

"Go fuck yourself with your atom bomb."
- Allen Ginsberg

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Cosmonaut X"The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there." - Yasatuni Roshi

THEY are US.

And we are America?

B_M_W

Quote from: Irreverend Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Cosmonaut X"The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there." - Yasatuni Roshi

THEY are US.

And we are America?

I wish.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe

THEY are US.

And we are America?

I wish.

Fess up. Canada is also America.

B_M_W

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe

THEY are US.

And we are America?

I wish.

Fess up. Canada is also America.

Im not in Canada. Im in The Country Formerly Known as America.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

That would be Florida.