Author Topic: Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!  (Read 8937 times)

Pergamos

• Outlandish
  • Did it for the cookies.
    • View Profile
I am in Safford AZ.  It is  very strange place, a significant portion of the buildings seem to have vanished, but the signs referring to them have not.

Cain

• The admins send their regards
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
So...my mother works as a matron at a boarding school (far away from the one I'm currently at).

At wakeup call this morning, she found one of the students dead.  How was not mentioned to me, but because of the age and sudden nature, there will possibly be an inquest.

Eater of Clowns

• Deposed Mexico
  • Deserved It
  • Limpid Lust Pariah of Foulness
    • View Profile
So...my mother works as a matron at a boarding school (far away from the one I'm currently at).

At wakeup call this morning, she found one of the students dead.  How was not mentioned to me, but because of the age and sudden nature, there will possibly be an inquest.

Whoa. How's she dealing with it?
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

• The admins send their regards
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Shaken up obviously, but my father's there and the school has offered counselling.

I'm just hoping that the coroner can do his job and the family can get some closure.  The school is relatively well known, and as the person in the primary care position, she'd be in the firing line if there was any stitch-up (and she has dealt with suicidal students, students on drugs and students with serious mental disorders before, so I don't believe for a minute she didn't exercise due diligence) or if the media felt like it was a slow news day and wanted to cause a clickbait/social media frenzy, as they are sometimes wont to do.

Cainad (dec.)

• Houseplant Supreme
  • Deserved It
  • The Emperor's Hairy Right Hand
    • View Profile
    • Internet Forum Safari
PeeDee, I have lost 20 pounds (1.8 Celsius) between January and the beginning of April, unintentionally. I am led to believe that this represents a potentially serious health concern. I'm going through the rigamarole of getting to see a primary care physician, but if I went to an urgent care clinic would they be able to get bloodwork done faster? Also, do I have some kind of cancer-AIDS?

Vivat Alty

• BEST GUIe
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
PeeDee, I have lost 20 pounds (1.8 Celsius) between January and the beginning of April, unintentionally. I am led to believe that this represents a potentially serious health concern. I'm going through the rigamarole of getting to see a primary care physician, but if I went to an urgent care clinic would they be able to get bloodwork done faster? Also, do I have some kind of cancer-AIDS?

My understanding is that both urgent care and primary care have to send stuff to a lab, maybe the same lab, depending on location.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's just a tapeworm or some other horrible, treatable parasite.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Vivat Alty

• BEST GUIe
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile

That's terrible. I'll bet she is on point all the time, hope she comes through it ok.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Q. G. Pennyworth

• Slimy Thing Who
  • Deserved It
  • QUEEN BITCH OF FLYERS
    • View Profile

Given the timeframe of the weight loss, I wouldn't stress about the waiting to get tests done part unless you're talking weeks to even see a doctor. (Not medical advice, I am not a physician, etc.)
Overheating Pheremone Pustule of Last Saturday's Jiggle Fun| _xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 131, this should never happen.

Don't fucking judge me, I've got tentacles for a face.

Cainad (dec.)

• Houseplant Supreme
  • Deserved It
  • The Emperor's Hairy Right Hand
    • View Profile
    • Internet Forum Safari

My understanding is that both urgent care and primary care have to send stuff to a lab, maybe the same lab, depending on location.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's just a tapeworm or some other horrible, treatable parasite.

Given the timeframe of the weight loss, I wouldn't stress about the waiting to get tests done part unless you're talking weeks to even see a doctor. (Not medical advice, I am not a physician, etc.)

Much thanks. I definitely expect any nearby clinics to send blood to the same lab, I'm just starting to get antsy. I missed my appointment on Friday and was rescheduled for next Friday.

I didn't really notice a problem until it started affecting my martial arts training. I got weaker and weaker, and then I started vomiting after heavy calisthenics. Not going back until I know where the fuck my already meager muscles went.

Fernando Poo

• Exploding Shit-Fountain of the Very Last American Legion Fish Fry
  • Outlandish
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Well, Cainad. I've checked WebMD, and it appears you're probably going to be fine. Except for the fact that you're probably going to die a long, painful death. My condolences.
I'd make preparations soon.

On the topic of health, should it be of any concern that I've eaten a meatball sub that had a foam plate melted to it in the microwave? Peeling off the part of the bread that had the foam on it was going to take too long, so I just left it on there. I just remembered that people told me the foam is toxic.

If I ever happen to say anything Holy™ at any point in my life, tell them George W. Bush said it. That guy gets a bad wrap.