Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

OMG IM SO SORRY!

Started by trix, October 05, 2011, 06:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 06, 2011, 10:41:23 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 06, 2011, 10:35:27 PM
No, but the "Anyone can go to University" line kinda blows your credibility.

While I admit that was a perfect example of foot-in-mouth, which I've already responded to, it did come from a reasonable, though incorrect, train of thought.

After prison, felony, and complete lack of income, I still managed to get into uni.  If, with all of that against me, I can do it, others should be able to.

That line of thought is, again, full of assumptions, ignorance, and is plain wrong.  I admit that.  But that's where it came from.

I wonder if that will be quoted out of context some day...

So you, as an adult, fucked up your life, and then thought better and reformed. Woopty for you. Can't help noticing that you haven't said jack shit about the socioeconomic status of your family of origin, so I'm going to assume they made enough to pay the rent consistently.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

It's a sore subject I don't want to go into is all.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 07, 2011, 12:46:08 AM
It's a sore subject I don't want to go into is all.

Oh, then don't answer the completely straightforward and non-detailed question about whether your family of origin was under the poverty line while you were growing up. Since you no longer seem to be claiming that you grew up in poverty, I will assume you didn't.

Wait, wait, wait. You just claimed to go to prison on a felony conviction, yet you're receiving Federal aid for school?

How does that work, exactly?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

Fine, I'll take your bait.  Yes, i grew up in poverty.

Que the next 50 posts about how I'm whining.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

kingyak

prison = summer school

felony = couldn't figure out how the fuck magnets worked
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

trix

Felony only bars you from financial aid if it's a drug conviction.
Zen Without Zen Masters

trix

Quote from: kingyak on October 07, 2011, 12:51:58 AM
prison = summer school

felony = couldn't figure out how the fuck magnets worked

Thank you for illustrating why this conversation is so pointless.

I could get very specific about every aspect of growing up as me, and it'd be followed with the predictable "BS!" responses anyway.  Why do you insist on continuing this pointless exercise?
Zen Without Zen Masters

rong

Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse
I don't know why you'd be bringing me down.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

kingyak

Quote from: rong on October 07, 2011, 01:00:05 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse
I don't know why you'd be bringing me down.

I guess some things never change.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

rong

My baby gotta locomotive
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Freeky

Quote from: trix on October 07, 2011, 12:17:59 AM
lol Dok, the first response I got to my OP was Freeky being as insulting as possible, and in the following 13 pages she (and plenty of others) have called me every form of 'stupid' the English language possesses.

I call her stupid in return, in a much more mild way, and suddenly I'm an asshole of Rush Limbaugh Lover proportions.

Double standards?

u mad dog

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 06, 2011, 10:38:10 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 10:33:32 PM
Hey, I originated from a formless chaos which somehow coalesced as a giant cosmic egg.  What class am I?

Your class is utter bastard.  If you take a level of barbarian, and a level of drunken monk, you can go into the prestige class "Kentucky Wife Beater."  Alternatively, you could take a level of rouge and go "Alaskan Politician."

But what does the colour red have to do with Alaska?  :?

Ask Sarah Palin that.

I DARE YOU!!!

Don Coyote

Quote from: Science me, babby on October 06, 2011, 10:41:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: Science me, babby on October 06, 2011, 10:38:10 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2011, 10:33:32 PM
Hey, I originated from a formless chaos which somehow coalesced as a giant cosmic egg.  What class am I?

Your class is utter bastard.  If you take a level of barbarian, and a level of drunken monk, you can go into the prestige class "Kentucky Wife Beater."  Alternatively, you could take a level of rouge and go "Alaskan Politician."

But what does the colour red have to do with Alaska?  :?

You'd have to ask Sarah Palin abut that, I'm going for "Holy WRATHinator."

WELL FUCK ME RUNNING DAMNYUO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Coyote

For some reason I feel like letting everyone know I am enjoying my white male middleclass life with my 8 year-old German luxury station wagon and apartment that is 3 times the size of my barracks room.

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS