News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Humor for the BIP

Started by Jenne, January 26, 2007, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

*ahem* I have no memory so I'm just going to post some possibly humorous shit I found while rummaging around the site.  

1)
If you thought the Principia was just a ha-ha, read it again.
If you think Discordianism is a good way to get chicks, go fuck yourself.
If you think The Good Reverend Roger is a sexy beast, you're probably right but don't forget your helmet.
If you think tatooing 23 on your arm is going to bring you good luck, you just got burned.
If you thought the Black Iron Prison was too harsh, then you're going to be just fine, no really.
If you thought I should've ended on the fifth one, consult yo mamma.

2)
If you hold perfectly still you can watch the praying mantra eat itself.

3)
It should be pointed out that the harder you try the sillier you will look and the less seriously you will be taken.

But, take things too seriously and you will feel quite silly when things get harder.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

QuoteSomeone once asked me what the difference between what we are doing and the annoying Christian Missionairies and Jehovas Witnesses are doing.

I pondered this for a minute and then responded:

"Well, the Missionairies and JW's are trying to convert the weak minded and easily swayed.  We, on the other hand, stay away from them.  Two words:  Human Shield"

Cain

None of this is taking into account what sort of humour you are looking for.  Its moving from an abstract concept to fully fledged creation without anything in between.

What are we after here?

Witty one liners? Cartoons (no-one has even mentioned visual humour)?  Dialogues?  "Moral" stories with humour in them?  Puns?

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2007, 07:05:13 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 30, 2007, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 30, 2007, 07:02:02 PM
Long memories, ITT.

LMNO
-short memory.

Who, me?

TGRR,
Still pissed off about shit from 2003.

He meant me, I believe.  And I have a very long memory.

Hell, I can't even remember which one of y'all used to be Christ RAW.

AFK

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2007, 07:08:10 PM
None of this is taking into account what sort of humour you are looking for.  Its moving from an abstract concept to fully fledged creation without anything in between.

What are we after here?

Witty one liners? Cartoons (no-one has even mentioned visual humour)?  Dialogues?  "Moral" stories with humour in them?  Puns?

I'd say the more wet noodles we stick to the wall the better, so I'd say yes to all. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 30, 2007, 07:08:54 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2007, 07:05:13 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 30, 2007, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 30, 2007, 07:02:02 PM
Long memories, ITT.

LMNO
-short memory.

Who, me?

TGRR,
Still pissed off about shit from 2003.

He meant me, I believe.  And I have a very long memory.

Hell, I can't even remember which one of y'all used to be Christ RAW.

Hoopla, IIRC.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 30, 2007, 07:10:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2007, 07:08:10 PM

What are we after here?

I'd say the more wet noodles we stick to the wall the better, so I'd say yes to all. 

In which case we need to seperate them up and get people good at those sort of things working on them.  For example, I can't write moral stories for shit, but can usually pervert the dialogue into something fairly funny.  And I can't draw.

Cain

Quote from: Jenne on January 30, 2007, 07:02:42 PM
Yeah.  Fuckit.

I'll be back anon.

I missed this.  Please do not try to morally shame me.  It doesn't work, because I have no shame and I can see no other reason for you to keep doing this every time a harsh word from me ends up your way.

LMNO

1.  It has been suggested we need one-liners for marginalia in the BIP pamphlet.

2.  It has also been suggested that a separate pamphlet of longer humor be produced.

Ok, there's an opening split.

AFK

LMNO

PS - The Janitor touches wee-wees.

hunter s.durden

Are you people writing a joke book?

Just let the knowledge flow. The comedy will be there.
If something funny comes out, yippy!
Just sayin' dont waste time writing comedy when you have a good philosophical message buried somewhere.
This space for rent.

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on January 30, 2007, 07:17:58 PM
1.  It has been suggested we need one-liners for marginalia in the BIP pamphlet

2.  It has also been suggested that a separate pamphlet of longer humor be produced.

Ok, there's an opening split.
time to mine the one sentence meme  bomb thread?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

That's what I was thinking.

hunter s.durden

Best Idea.

When non-comedians try too hard it comes out hokey.
This space for rent.