News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

ITT: Best Posts of the Day

Started by Cramulus, April 13, 2007, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on June 12, 2012, 09:09:37 PM
I just want to say I do not understand how it's gotten this way with RWHN. I spent the last two years working for a company that systematically fucks every last one of you every single day and making A LOT of money* doing it.

Some of us work for companies that do the same. Companies that cause real and very serious harm to people all over the world. I refuse to believe that RWHN ALL BY HIS LITTLE SELF is destroying America's children. And I don't understand how you people are taking what mostly amounts to a theoretical discussion and turning a very thoughtful articulate person into some kind of comic book super villain. It's fucking stupid.

*a good deal of which was spent on drugs.

And Roger works for Big Oil.

The difference isn't in where you guys work, it's in whether you're on board. Mentally, emotionally, ethically. We all have to eat, and this world is a super fucked up place so sometimes we have to work for fucked up people if we want to be able to pay for groceries.

And I know (and said) that RWHN isn't singlehandedly eroding America's remaining freedoms. He's just a pawn in an army of bureaucratic go-government thinkalikes. I'd have to axe every single one of them to make a difference, and even then they'd just be replaced as fast as corporate money could fund them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:

Nixon, pls.  If Nigel gets to him first, there won't be any left.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 12, 2012, 09:35:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 09:32:56 PM

Nixon, pls.  If Nigel gets to him first, there won't be any left.

FUCK!  Now it's TOO LATE!

DAMN YOU, GLITTERSNATCH!  DAMN YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 12, 2012, 09:32:44 PM
I just want to say I do not understand how it's gotten this way with RWHN. I spent the last two years working for a company that systematically fucks every last one of you every single day and making A LOT of money* doing it.

Some of us work for companies that do the same. Companies that cause real and very serious harm to people all over the world. I refuse to believe that RWHN ALL BY HIS LITTLE SELF is destroying America's children. And I don't understand how you people are taking what mostly amounts to a theoretical discussion and turning a very thoughtful articulate person into some kind of comic book super villain. It's fucking stupid.

The difference isn't in where you guys work, it's in whether you're on board. Mentally, emotionally, ethically. We all have to eat, and this world is a super fucked up place so sometimes we have to work for fucked up people if we want to be able to pay for groceries.

And I know (and said) that RWHN isn't singlehandedly eroding America's remaining freedoms. He's just a pawn in an army of bureaucratic go-government thinkalikes. I'd have to axe every single one of them to make a difference, and even then they'd just be replaced as fast as corporate money could fund them.

I didn't mean to say you did, I just had the hot-blood. Sorry.

Oh sure, I (we) aren't on board. Hell having to pretend left me with a social anxiety and general stomach problems. But I cant imagine uttering such a pithy excuse to the children who once lived in towns near cobalt mines. Economically were almost all monsters. Some more than others. But we've all got teeth.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on June 12, 2012, 09:37:47 PM

Oh sure, I (we) aren't on board. Hell having to pretend left me with a social anxiety and general stomach problems. But I cant imagine uttering such a pithy excuse to the children who once lived in towns near cobalt mines. Economically were almost all monsters. Some more than others. But we've all got teeth.

Oh, completely. Every single one of us (particularly the Americans) are literally killing babies in Africa just by existing as endless gaping maws of consumerism. Which is truly shitty and depressing. However, being stuck in a self-perpetuating cycle of evil is one thing, and promoting and defending the evil is another. One of them makes you a shittier person than the other.

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, yeah.  There's no denying that.  If you live in the top 5% of the world's population - wealth wise - and we all do, then you are enjoying the fruits of the labor of slaves.  There's no getting around that.  We all have Teeth With Which To Eat, and guess what's on the menu?

In a similar vein, if you enlist in the US military, you are not "protecting our freedoms", you are a corporate soldier.  That's been true for more than a century.  But what can you do?  Convict everyone who owns a smartphone?  Imprison everyone in uniform?  Jail everyone who votes for a warmongering president?  Walk out of the cities and starve to death on the road?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 12, 2012, 08:51:35 PM
Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 11, 2012, 06:19:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 11, 2012, 06:15:18 PM
Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on June 11, 2012, 06:11:41 PM
So do you approve of what he did?  Just curious.  I mean if I privately asked you if I could use your name in a graphic pun, and you said no, and I did it anyway....would you be okay with that?

If you used my PD name?  No, I don't think I'd get too pissed.

Bullshit!  Exhibit A, the "Nazi" fiasco at EB&G.  The implications of me in a triste w/Nixon are pretty clear and is a commentary on my character.  You damn well would be pissed if someone did that to you, and you were when it happened at EB&G.  Nice consistency there bub.

If it's any consolation, I still think you're a bad person and if what I devote my life to has any one effect on public policy, I hope it's to eliminate your job and all the jobs of people like you.

I don't often say that someone is simply a bad person because I don't think that most people are, but I think you are. You and Babs. Same exact category, and for the same exact reason; because you honestly don't see any harm in the incredibly destructive policies/belief system you support and perpetuate. My only consolation is that I suspect you heavily exaggerate your level of influence, but it's small consolation indeed because the people who actually do have influence want exactly the same thing you want, which is to "intervene" by sending more children to prison for a paycheck.

Babylon is a relatively harmless bad guy. You, on the other  hand, are not, and the harm you do to our society directly involves children, which, were I not opposed to corporal punishment in any way other than metaphorically, I would love to have you strung up and hamstrung.

:mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:

SRS.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 09:42:41 PM

Oh, yeah.  There's no denying that.  If you live in the top 5% of the world's population - wealth wise - and we all do, then you are enjoying the fruits of the labor of slaves.  There's no getting around that.  We all have Teeth With Which To Eat, and guess what's on the menu?

In a similar vein, if you enlist in the US military, you are not "protecting our freedoms", you are a corporate soldier.  That's been true for more than a century.  But what can you do?  Convict everyone who owns a smartphone?  Imprison everyone in uniform?  Jail everyone who votes for a warmongering president?  Walk out of the cities and starve to death on the road?

I said that in my Media Globalization class, and got lots of shocked looks and denials from almost everybody. :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guru Quixote on June 12, 2012, 09:49:06 PM

I said that in my Media Globalization class, and got lots of shocked looks and denials from almost everybody. :lulz:

Of course.  They RECYCLE!

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 09:51:06 PM

Actually, none of them claimed that. They just denied that everything you can buy in the first world is made with a large portion of slave labor. But then again we did watch a documentary that showed the dark underbelly of recycling.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guru Quixote on June 12, 2012, 09:54:48 PM

Actually, none of them claimed that. They just denied that everything you can buy in the first world is made with a large portion of slave labor. But then again we did watch a documentary that showed the dark underbelly of recycling.

Paper recycling is one of the worst things you can do for the environment.  Nobody knows that.

And how the FUCK do you not realize, in the 21st fucking century, that all of your trinkets and many of your necessities are provided by slaves?

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2012, 09:57:02 PM
Quote from: Guru Quixote on June 12, 2012, 09:54:48 PM

Paper recycling is one of the worst things you can do for the environment.  Nobody knows that.

And how the FUCK do you not realize, in the 21st fucking century, that all of your trinkets and many of your necessities are provided by slaves?

Willful ignorance and/or denial that they are contributing the shittiness of poor people on the other side of the world. Shit I think someone even tried to make the point that it's not Apple's fault that conditions in their iphone factories are shitty because they aren't owned by Apple, or that conditions aren't sweatshop level there so it doesn't matter.

Also, it took over a month to get my GF to stop trying to recycle paper.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I predict that the last on the list is going to start happening.